Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

LIPO help for a stampede

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Dr Power 313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIPO help for a stampede

OK i need help here ...im running Gen ACE 5000 mAh 2s 50C 2S lipos in my truck and its puffing a bit its not mishapen just puffy ..now i charge them at 5 amps ..and i blance them everytime i have the onxy 235 charger..then i have a another Gen ace 5000 2s 25C that takes a full charge but acts like a old nimh as fair a s Esc and motor im using the castle SCT esc with the built in fan and the 3800 motor so out of 3 lipos i have 2 that are good and i have a new Reedy wolf pack on the way so i need tips ...im new to lipos .. and also my castle esc has that auto LVC setting i havent ran my truck long enough to hit the LVC how dose the esc let you know beeping no movement? what?

Ok so lipos in order

1 Gen ACE 5000 mah 2s 50C ..is got a slight puff runs good need advice on charging dont wanna make it worse

2 Gen ACE 5000 mah 2s 25C....not puffed takes a Full charge but run like a tired Nimh

3 Venom 5000 2S 40C ..........runs great nothing bad to say works perfect

but charging tips would be Great and i dont have a dicharger discharging tip would help to i guess?

Old 11-22-2012, 04:56 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: LIPO help for a stampede

I can't see that you are doing anything wrong charging. Only guess I have is that you leave them full for long periods of time?
Old 11-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Dr Power 313

Hmmm to full? ok i can see that but what about My 5000 2s 25 acting like its dead when its full??? and please shoot me any tips you may have i read to reduce the puffing effect you can put the lipo in the freezer for about an hour whats your thoughs?
Old 11-22-2012, 05:47 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Putting in a freezer won't do any good. #2 pack has high resistance somewhere in the circuit. It is probably the IR of the cells.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:05 PM
crispyspa

Why are you yelling?

Does the Onyx have have a store charge setting? I read the spec sheet and I didn't see that it had one. Lipos need to be stored at (I think) 60-70% of capacity, then balanced. Never leave a Lipo stored at full change (4.2v) for more than a day.

In the case of a Gens Ace, I think they call for a storage charge of 3.8v per cell. I have a Hyperion charger that does the work of store charge for me...no muss, no fuss.

Here are a couple of good articles I ran into.
http://www.maxamps.com/lipo-care.php
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=395706&page=2 post #17