Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Brand New T-28 Wasted

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Brand New T-28 Wasted

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Wrice4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New T-28 Wasted

Hey everyone, hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Anyways, here is my sob story.

Some of you know that I ordered a parkzone t-28 and I finally got my batteries from Hong Kong on Wed. Well, I had friends over that were flying and I was fixing to test my plane before take off when I got a phone call. While I was on the phone my stupid friend took my transmitter and launched my plane in the air. Well the servos were backwards and he crashed my plane full speed into the grond and it broke every little foam peice on it. I NEVER EVEN GOT TO FLY IT! I am so pissed off.

Anyways, I was looking at buying all of the shell peices to just transfer all of my electronics, since all of the electronics are still ok. Look like it will cost around $100 to do that. I did not know if I should do that, or take all of the t-28's electronics and buy a shell of another plane to put them in. Any ideas? What a sad Thanksgiving for me.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Brand New T-28 Wasted

I think my stupid friend would be buying me a new airplane
Old 11-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Wrice4

ORIGINAL: mscic-RCU

Ya, I will be using his money.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If everything is broke into bits then I'll bet the motor and maybe some servos are shot as well (did you test everything?). Just have your "friend" buy a new "plug & play" plane.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Wrice4

I am willing to sell the plane as is with all of the electronics if anyone is interested.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

After what you nave stated I doubt it's worth the postage?
Get new friends.[:@]
Old 11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When I offer to let someone fly one of my planes it's then my risk because I just stated by offering I trusted the friend as well as I trust myself. If it is crashed it's my problem, not my friends. However if a friend asks me if he can fly my plane then if something happens it's on his head, I allowed it but didn't offer the plane to him. In your case you just hand everything you have to your friend that stoled your plane and he buys you a complete replacement. If it landed on the motor you probably have at the very least a bent shaft.
Planes are to be pre-checked before any maiden flight too. I invite the guys to come over and help check out my planes and controls before I ever take up a new plane. I have been doing this for a long time but I have even had my controls set wrong, another set of eyes are always a big help.
Just give him the rubble and make sure you get the same new plane and gear in return. That's fair and you will keep a friend, an idiot but a friend.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

I thought you said he was your friend?? if he was, he would have already paid for it.........
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

They are kids. If there's a problem with him paying for it, talk to his dad and get it taken care of that way. You'll likely not have him as a friend anymore, but he's not really a friend you need if he breaks your stuff and then won't pay for it.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I would have checked everything out while it was on the workbench, before I took it out to fly. I think I would spend more time picking my friends too. With friends like him, you don't need any enemies. But be thankful that it was just a foamy and not something you had put a lot of time into.

Just get some foam safe CA and glue it back together. It will still fly, and if you ding it, it won't hurt so much.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 AM
kiwibob72

ORIGINAL: mscic-RCU

+1 on that, I'm fond of, and live by the term "you break it, you've brought it".

If he/she was testing it at your request, hey, things happen (I'm being good here and using the word 'things' over the normal "S" word I use for that statement normally ), but to run off with it, and then total it ... that's a bit rough IMO.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 AM
bikerbc

Like Grey Beard I invite a friend to go over my new planes before I maiden them...Reciently one was caught with the rudder elevator mix backwards so rudder would have been working against me. Possibly enough to dump it or at the very least make for a awfully squirly flight....Do you and your friend do this with each others things as a rule or was this a new situation? Did he tell you they were reversed or do you know they were reversed ? Just wondering if the guy is trying to deflect the blame from himself...I am sorry for your loss, it must have been quite disapointing for you . Your friend must have been very embarased as well he should have been . As long as he pays for the damage he caused thats the best you can hope for. If he dosent you can always accidently step on one of his planes...Oh yes I know two wrongs dont make a rite...
Old 11-27-2012, 03:04 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

I think what is really sad is that you call this guy a "friend".  NO ONE that I fly with would EVER EVER consider touching one of my planes without first asking.  Nor would I even think to handle their planes unless they specifically asked me to.  That's common courtesy. 
You must have been at a renegade field?  Renner?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Wrice4

Hey everyone, hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Anyways, here is my sob story.

Some of you know that I ordered a parkzone t-28 and I finally got my batteries from Hong Kong on Wed. Well, I had friends over that were flying and I was fixing to test my plane before take off when I got a phone call. While I was on the phone my stupid friend took my transmitter and launched my plane in the air. Well the servos were backwards and he crashed my plane full speed into the grond and it broke every little foam peice on it. I NEVER EVEN GOT TO FLY IT! I am so pissed off.

Anyways, I was looking at buying all of the shell peices to just transfer all of my electronics, since all of the electronics are still ok. Look like it will cost around $100 to do that. I did not know if I should do that, or take all of the t-28's electronics and buy a shell of another plane to put them in. Any ideas? What a sad Thanksgiving for me.
For the love of stupid friends
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 AM
allensull
My Feedback: (19)

Iagree with everyone else, Ithink your friend should be buying you another one. I don't let anyone touch my planes and Idon't touch theirs unless asked to. He never should have touched yours unless you said he could.

Allen

Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Rotten40851
My Feedback: (2)

Ask him to fly it and he crashes =you pay , He takes it,flies it and crashes= He pays thats theLaw of the Land
Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 AM
hsukaria

If I had a "friend" like that, I won't be giving him any Christmas presents this year.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 AM
levram1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: hsukaria

If I had a "friend" like that, I won't be giving him any Christmas presents this year.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:58 AM
levram1
My Feedback: (1)

I would......... A beautifully wrapped box with T-28 leftovers!!! LOL!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
hsukaria

ORIGINAL: levram1

I would......... A beautifully wrapped box with T-28 leftovers!!! LOL![img][/img]

If I had a ''friend'' like that, I won't be giving him any Christmas presents this year.
+1
Old 11-27-2012, 04:28 PM
GerKonig

With friends like those, there is no need to have enemies...

Gerry
Old 11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

With friends like those, there is no need to have enemies...

Gerry
Only in today's feminized society would advice [good advice] like this need to be given.