Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Duratrax Evader Brushless or HPI Bullet ST Flux?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Duratrax Evader Brushless
40.00%
HPI Bullet ST Flux
50.00%
Other (please reply in thread)
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Duratrax Evader Brushless or HPI Bullet ST Flux?

Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM
DJorgie76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax Evader Brushless or HPI Bullet ST Flux?

I am getting another truck to play with but this one will be electric. Right now I am looking at the HPI Bullet ST Flux or the Duratrax Evader Brushless. I will be using 2S LiPos with whatever I choose. I want something durable but also I dont want to spend a ton of money. The HPI Bullet ST Flux at $350 is as high as I would go. Right now Tower Hobbies has the Duratrax Evader Brushless for $200 and a free battery. Also, if there any other suggestions I am open to anything if it makes sense. Thanks!!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM
dwblue00

Default RE: Duratrax Evader Brushless or HPI Bullet ST Flux?

If you want a fast really nice durable truck then get a HPI E-firestorm FLUX. The flux system is a Castle Creations system and can hook up to Castle link. Plus, RPM also makes parts for it as well as STRC threaded shocks fit and use all the o.e. shock guts and can use Associated tuned springs. I love my E-firestorm and I race it. This truck also comes with a 2.4 ghz radio system. Trust me you wont be disappointed! Oh BTW the wheels are the only thing.....HPI wheels are the only thing that fits this truck due to the hex design, but no issue I use black dished HPI wheels anyways. The wheels are industry standard 2.2" size.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 AM
ElectricGuy007

Another vote for the Evader, There's a few people here that race with the duratrax Lipos and Duratrax brushless motors.
I cant see why the trucks themseleves wouldnt be just as good.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:07 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

+1 for the evader.  2 reasons for it.  
1.  after researching and talking to a couple owners im very leery of the bullets drivetrain.
and
2.  while im not familiar with the current rendition of the evader (the brushless version) i have fiddled with and driven a few of the older models, and iv got no serious complaints (i actually really liked the buggy after it had a few graphite parts on it).  it was a pretty good handling truck (and why wouldn't it be, it's basically a losi XXT with a different gear box).  i know the owners had some durability issues with the gear box, but i think duratrax has resolved the issues (?).