Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Just bought a revo

Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
bstrang6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a revo

I just picked a Revo up of ebay, its a 2.5r and is sold very complete, and bone stock. Owner didnt know if it ran, but I have faith that it will run, as it looks as if its never been drivin, worst case I have a 2.5r that runs in my t-maxx. Anyways, I'm looking towards the future, and thinking about an engine swap. I have been out of the hobby for so long, I need a refresher. I remember having an infatuation for os engine's, the RG .21 was one that I had a few of, and as I remember it was rather under powered, but dead reliable, and very easy to tune. I don't see too many os .21 rg's for sale which leads me to believe that they are discontinued. I know the os .21tm is popular now, seems real hot, but very pricey. Are these .21's drop ins? I remember putting a .21 into a tmaxx was a CHORE, not only shoe horning it in the chassis with conversion kits, it just KILLED the drive train, never was made reliable without going full super maxx ( this was 10 years ago, things may have changed ) Looking for my best engine choice for when and if I need to replace this 2.5 and what I am looking for is something that likes to start up easy, easy to tune, rather affordable, and makes decent power.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just bought a revo

lots of people are happy with the dynamite 19T which is a direct drop in.

i think there is still the task of putting in different mounts and a different exhaust to install a true BB in a revo, but it has been done many times before.

if it was my money, i would plop that 19t in there and call it a day.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...FcuZ4AodICMAvg
http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...tCode=OFN51225
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVDD6&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKHF4&P=M
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

go with a 3.3?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:52 PM
steed2-inactive

i have a force 28 in my revo 3.3.
It made it a whole new truck, instant torque, absolutely no bog what so ever, just rips and is so much fun. the best part though, no more tuning, and messin with needles everytime i run. I use the traxxas big block kit, very happy with it, allthough it doesnt allow a pullstart but the start shaft on a f4.6 will clear the a-arm with a very slight mod to the arm.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Mufasa_719

.21 TM is a direct drop in.....
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Quickywd01

The connecting rod snaps because Traxxas kept the same connecting rod from the 2.5, otherwise I would have been praising the 3.3 till a new traxxas engine came out. Unless they fixed the problem...
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 AM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

there is a heavy duty rod by davis diesel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66358.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1824414  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Quickywd01

Yes there is and thanks for posting that but you should do that when the engine is new. For the price of the parts needed to rebuild one of these traxxas engines it's almost the cost of a new traxxas engine so I always recommend a new engine because what about your bearings, carburetor, etc. Why doesn't traxxas fix the problem or buy those connecting rods from DD? Every 3.3 owner needs to know to prevent this from happening. I saw it on all of my friends new engines. Now we moved on to the .26 red dot. Can't beat it.