Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

BEWARE .. GENERAL HOBY

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

BEWARE .. GENERAL HOBY

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
washfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE .. GENERAL HOBY

BEWARE of GENERAL HOBBY Walnet Ca. *** Do NOT do business with them... Rip Off !!!
I purchased a Zlin 70" from them in September.. Started the assembly and found out I was missing the tail wheel assy and the guide tubes were not installed in the plane.... Called General hobby and 'Richard" the GM, said all items are brought in in contaiers and it would be hard to get those parts... If I could purchase them he would send a check to cover the cost... WOW was I gullable..... Next day found the wheel studs were two different sizes.... called again... Said that the check was "already" in the mail but he wuld get the parts out to me.... I'm thinking "this seems to be a great vender".... A few days later still no check and found that the wing mounting holes do not line up????? Lookin at cutting a hole in the wing to move the blind nuts... CAlled again..(by this time it was the 5th call and I now have his personel cell phone number) Informed him about the wings and he says he understands and he will have them shipped to me... Three weeks and still nothing... So I contact the bank and dispute the purchase... No problem... credit tha amount back... Great... 2 different times I called to re-check on lthe credit... Still no problem...go ahead and get rid of the plane they say... GUESS WHAT Today the denied the claim because I did not send the plane back WHAT???? They still owe me $$$$ and they want me to pay to send this pice of junk back before they will credit me my $$$, not to mention the xtra for the parts I had to buy???
PLEASE... Do NOT BUY from them.....
It's too bad too,,, The plane looks like it would have been a fairly good plane, but having to deal with the vender... Not worth it... Even the local hobby store warned me about them (too bad it was AFTER I had bought this)

Old 12-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: BEWARE .. GENERAL HOBY

I don't buy ARFs but I have heard of most of the distributors, first time I have ever heard of them, if they are new it doesn't sound like a good start up. Sending the product back is pretty normal before they credit your account. Send it back as registered though so you have proof of it's arrival. I just went through this with a different type of product and it worked out OK for me.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:42 AM
bbbair

I try real hard not to criticize spelling and grammar on the internet as it seems that a lot of people think that I'm being rude or I'm too smart etc... but I think that this time I really SHOULD say ... SOMETHING... []

I do understand the problem you are having with this firm but you have miss-spelled their name to the point that I went looking in Canada for them.

A Quick Google found the company in California and YES, the Better Business Bureau has had several complaints lodged against them.

For the Record, the company that I THINK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT is;

General Hobby 206877-2 Amar Rd. #386 Walnut CA 91789 909-581-8873

If not - kindly supply the correct company name and address.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: bbbair

I try real hard not to criticize spelling and grammar on the internet as it seems that a lot of people think that I'm being rude or I'm too smart etc... but I think that this time I really SHOULD say ... SOMETHING... []

I do understand the problem you are having with this firm but you have miss-spelled their name to the point that I went looking in Canada for them.

A Quick Google found the company in California and YES, the Better Business Bureau has had several complaints lodged against them.

For the Record, the company that I THINK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT is;

General Hobby 206877-2 Amar Rd. #386 Walnut CA 91789 909-581-8873

If not - kindly supply the correct company name and address.

Fight the feeling. Check out your own spelling, I see a common word you messed up too.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
dmowery

Shuck -Ya all aint spl police are ya?-I kant spl but any of youn know whats I talk bout -Geez litin up as long as the general gist gits accross -Company name now that should be correct -But other sttuff as long as can understand all is good
Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: dmowery

Shuck -Ya all aint spl police are ya?-I kant spl but any of youn know whats I talk bout -Geez litin up as long as the general gist gits across -Company name now that should be correct -But other sttuff as long as can understand all is good
That's my thinking. I have never been a good speller and I had to teach myself to type. Add those two together and I can sometimes make a really big mess of things. Don't require anyone mentioning it to me though. As long as the point is understood who cares.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:58 AM
dmowery

Amen -You learnd the same way I did -Im 74- and I try but sometimes I do mess up words -Im no on here much but I do lurk a lot -Merry Christmas -Hope the guy with the bad plane parts gets it strightend out -