Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

HOBBYKING - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

HOBBYKING - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: HOBBYKING - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: frankle951

I have been ordering from Hobby King for 6 years, never had any trouble yet, Im up to 50 order now, Keep up the work Hobby King
With luck like that, you should head to Vegas.

That success rate would place them at the very top of the field, bar none. Best in the history of all on-line retailers, as a matter of fact.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Order #90 in the mail. Five grand worth. Same thing, perfect. If my wife reads this I'm so screwed.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

oh dude...you are so screwed ! lol ! [:'(]
Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They call me the"cooler" I hope I still have the power.
(BTW I waited till it was at the top again) Scotty
Old 10-29-2012, 07:58 PM
flourine coated

so i placed another order with hobby king, tracking number was incomplete , just used HK's live chat support and hey presto, after about 30 seconds the issue was resolved ,
Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 PM
wallace.tharp

ORIGINAL: EKIMRIS

I am afraid POS does not relate to Point Of Sale, but rater to Piece Of S... as in bull S....
to follow the rules we are communicating on set by the very company that sends us a lot of emails and so on, one might say this word refers to be made ouf excrements of a living mammal, pretty much of that of an ruminantia, rather referred to as cow/bull (Bos primigenius taurus), and its meat being the main ingredient of a quarterpounder.Hope that helps....
Perfectly clear sir! Christal I would say. I bought Turnigy Nano 11.5 vlt Li pos at the Lake Havasu, AZ Float Fly on this last weekend and realised that thier prices were governed by what HK and others list. I am not that much of a Smart phone guy, but my amigos were able to look up the prices as we observed and handled the servos, batteries etc. It has really made an impact on the hobby. Most of the prices were just a couple of bucks over HK and of course no shipping. Most vendors built the AZ sales tax into their sticker price. I know it is hard for the LHS to stay in business, but here in America I would like to think it is still capitolism, & it will be if we elect the business man. Just sayin. wallace.tharp
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Placed 3 orders on Sunday night with 3 different UK vendors. One of them with HK UK warehouse and that's the only one that arrived today.

Including a bunch of 2S180 packs for the new eFlite Sbach UMX. £3.22 from HK and £8.00 everywhere else.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:31 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Dom,
Don't wish to get involved with HK good or bad but this year I changed my whole fleet of props and jets flight batteries to their Life's with zero problems.
Never thought I would ever risk them in my Jets but they are all working brilliantly compared to my old Nimh's and the fact that they are all twinned up at least gives me a redundancy factor, so far so good!
Gary.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:45 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Been using HK lipos for many years. Used them in small models to a big 40% conversion. Had very few problems but a lot of fun. The bigger projects never would have happened if I'd had to go with much more expensive Thunderpower, Flightpower or other premo makes.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 AM
madmodelman

Ahh, that explains your e-Futura then!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So here we are again, pushing into the month of December - that's 7 MONTHS since I sent my email (as Hobbyking request with pictures) to advise them of the damaged airframe and since my last post not even one email!

This service level is unacceptable and even with a friend visiting HK direct in the USA nothing has happened least even some form of communication.

Personally I will get this fixed as I'm not going to just lay down and roll over but regardless of the many happy customers out there I warn those who have issues because not publishing a number with which you can contact a human being at HK direct and discuss your problem just allows companies like this to hide behind 'technology'.

They have my money, not supplied goods as described and not replaced the damaged goods - and that is plain and simply disgusting from a company who positions themselves at the pinnacle of this hobby.

Be warned[:@]

marcs
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Jgwright

Marc

Have you thought that with them opening a UK centre you should be able to sue them in the UK courts. It is cheap to make a claim in the small claims court, it might at least get a response.

John
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 AM
marc s

John appreciated.

marcs
Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 PM
FredHayes
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jgwright

Marc

Have you thought that with them opening a UK centre you should be able to sue them in the UK courts. It is cheap to make a claim in the small claims court, it might at least get a response.

John
I dont think that will work. The legal entity in the UK is calledLucky Stuff Ltd. Hobby King is just a Brand. You will have bought your L59 from Hextronic Ltd.

Can't sue Lucky Stuff for problems associated with Hextronic
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 AM
flourine coated

hi,
cant you claim it back on your credit card?
have you tried contacting HK via their youtube channel?
have you used the live chat facility on the HK website?
i have used both with success on every occassion ,as have several of my friends!!!!
why have you taken seven months and not had success??????
odd!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:52 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

What amazes me is that many people can accept that there are a large number of happy customers with hobby king, but why do so many of the happy customers react so, almost angrily when somebody has bad experiences??? SOME of you guys that have had good luck react like you owe hobby king a favor because they treated you right. Is that not what a company is supposed to do? Why do you hassle the people that have been screwed by hobby king, those numbers are large as well. Accept hobby king for what it is, a low cost discount house where you take your chances. Accepting a somewhat negligible product or customer service because you saved money is bull. People getting screwed is unacceptable no matter how well you were treated.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 AM
madmodelman

Well said!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Jgwright

Fred

Maybe this could be one of those cases where he corporate veil would be pierced.

John
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM
flourine coated

reason for my questions is that i have had issues with a couple of buys from hobbyking and have always got it sorted without issue , as have a couple of friends , of course there are gonna be issues but i cant see why some guys seem to have such a HUGE issue with them, is HK treating them differently to me and my mates ? i doubt it , unless they are really obnoxious and from what i have read 'most' arent ,
i cant understand why these guys who have forked out good money cant go on the HK website and hit up the live chat and talk throuugh the issues and then get resolution ,are HK just saying "no we wont replace the item " ?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

i bought lots of stuff from HK over the years, most of the time small items. i also bought two foamies and BOTH came damaged PRIOR to shipping (box was perfect but item scratched/ damaged). I got $5 credit as compensation from HK from now on i DO NOT BUY planes, just small parts, and i'm happy(ier)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 AM
LittleGrapes
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jgwright

Fred

Maybe this could be one of those cases where he corporate veil would be pierced.

John
Fred who is he. Him gone like so many before him
Old 12-04-2012, 11:50 AM
madmodelman

Dennis, you definately have a psychological problem!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM
LittleGrapes
Banned

ORIGINAL: madmodelman

Dennis, you definately have a psychological problem!
Who is Dennis. Who for that matter is madmodelman.

Ask your self when it comes to problems who is the one who put mad in their own name
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
siclick33

From Bigplumbs to LittleGrapes[:'(]

Are you running out of ideas for usernames Dennis?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM
LittleGrapes
Banned

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

What amazes me is that many people can accept that there are a large number of happy customers with hobby king, but why do so many of the happy customers react so, almost angrily when somebody has bad experiences??? SOME of you guys that have had good luck react like you owe hobby king a favor because they treated you right. Is that not what a company is supposed to do? Why do you hassle the people that have been screwed by hobby king, those numbers are large as well. Accept hobby king for what it is, a low cost discount house where you take your chances. Accepting a somewhat negligible product or customer service because you saved money is bull. People getting screwed is unacceptable no matter how well you were treated.
Still got the old hanky on your head then. I thought one of your birds would have whipped that off by now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.