Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Scorpion Tank 1/6th Build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Scorpion Tank 1/6th Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 AM
TheGreatestMoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scorpion Tank 1/6th Build

Sorry guys I have and will be unable to get back to work on this. I am offering to sell it here before I try it on Ebay. I want to get rid of this entire project, the tank, electronics, controller, batteries, speed controller, servos, most everything in the last few pages on this thread. I will also include all the molds I still have, and CAD files on a disk, anything I find related to this. As of right now it fully works (drives around, guns spins around, turret elevation up and down, lights on/off by controller) but keep in mind this IS a home-made project there will be some work such as detailing etc. Shipping will be expensive it weighs around 50-60lbs in total. Anyone interested please make a serious offer.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 AM
DeadTom

Good to hear from you Moo. I hope that everything is alright, I mean selling all your hard work and all.
I would truly like to make an offer but the Mrs is really on me about all of my other hobby stuff, planes, helis, tanks, cars, robots and CNC machines.
She would blow a gasket if I approached her with another larger tank especially before Christmas.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
TheGreatestMoo

I took some pictures of everything it will include. More info below:

I am selling my custom RC tank project. It is a 1/6th scale Scorpion tank (Dimensions are 29"L x 15"W x 14"H). I have built it from 100% scratch designed it in Solidworks (at my work) and then made molds from my CNC machine. The frame is made out of thick ABS plastic sheets also CNC cut and glued together, it is very strong. The rest is mostly cast resin plastic parts that came out of the molds.

It has fully independent suspension on internal compression springs, the back idler wheel also has a tension mechanism built in for the tracks. The drive train is very large pitch nylon CNC cut gears, and sprocket chain drive (see image). I've never had anything on the drive train break besides the occasional set screw coming loose.

Most of this project has been trial and error and it is currently INCOMPLETE but it does run. Here is a YouTube video of it driving around: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgVZs_IUvXk During that video a few of the track segments and the drive sprocket teeth broke I did not bother to replace them but you can yourself easily because I am including all the molds I have made for this so you can cast anything you need and pick up where I left off. I am including the first set of tracks I made for this tank, they are not to scale but they never broke like this new set does. You will need to change out the sprocket teeth on the drive wheels to fit them if you want to use them (all molds for that included to).I am also including the Solidwork files. The only thing not included is a battery charger, and a 6 channel transmitter/receiver.

Includes:
- Solidworks CAD files
- Strong ABS tank body/frame
- 2x BaneBot motors
- Heavy duty nylon gear drive train
- 2x 12v 12ah batteries
- Working lights (Head lights, 2 kinds of side front lights, and rear lights)
- Sabertooth 25 Dual 25A Motor Driver http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...ER2X25-RC.html
- BEC for the radio power and all the servos
- 3x servos, 2 modified for continuous rotation (rotation one is full steel gears), and one mini servo for light switch.
- 2nd set of different style tracks + drive sprocket teeth (Stronger)
- Casted parts
- TONS of molds to cast replacement parts (Some molds for the pieces are not included because they either broke or could not be re-used)

Required:
- 6 channel transmitter/receiver
- 12v battery charger
- Repairs to the track and sprocket teeth (Easy with included molds)

If you are interested please remember this is a HOME-MADE project. No returns will be accepted. Please ask me any questions on any details on this! Thanks for looking.

Asking price: $800 or best offer (Well over $3000 in development put into this)
+ Packing and Shipping: $250 (84lbs in total: Tank 47lbs, molds+battery 37lbs)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90274.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	1828427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97298.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	1828428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82593.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	552.2 KB