Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

A day that will live in infamy ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

A day that will live in infamy ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A day that will live in infamy ?

Well i guess not here........Don't surprise me at all.

This is the new generation.........

BIGMIG
Old 12-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Ronan87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A day that will live in infamy ?

Ok....
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Stince

71st Anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All I can think of is December 7, 1941. Right?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Ronan87

Same on me, i completly forgot this year... Probably all the crap i'm dealing with sigh.

ORIGINAL: Stince

71st Anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 PM
sassgrunt
My Feedback: (1)

During the ceremonies this morning, I was able to watch the flyover of Hawaii Air Guard F-22 Raptors. As they fly past the Arizona Memorial, one of them peels off iand the other three continue on in what's called the "Missing Man Formation." The one that leaves the formation goes nearly straight up for a couple of thousand feet. Always an impressive show.

This year however, it was dimished somewhat when one of the aircraft managed to scrape both horizontal stabilizers on landing, sustaining 1.8 million dollars worth of damage.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=182611381
Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Ronan87

The (in)famous F-22...

I hope the US has other fighter planes if a big war errupts. Did they ever finish the F-35? Supossedly one for the Navy and one for the Air Force?

ORIGINAL: sassgrunt

During the ceremonies this morning, I was able to watch the flyover of Hawaii Air Guard F-22 Raptors. As they fly past the Arizona Memorial, one of them peels off iand the other three continue on in what's called the "Missing Man Formation." The one that leaves the formation goes nearly straight up for a couple of thousand feet. Always an impressive show.

This year however, it was dimished somewhat when one of the aircraft managed to scrape both horizontal stabilizers on landing, sustaining 1.8 million dollars worth of damage.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

I watch "Tora Tora Tora", "Midway" ,"They were Expendable" and "The Pacific" every year to remember and honor. Many years ago at my club flying field we used to get a bunch of zeros up and chase them down with P40s. Got to bring this new Gen up on some history.

Ronan87, The Chinese just tested their new stealth jet. It looks exacly like the F35 except with twin engines. I saw the testing on the F35 VTOL version, Very cool.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ronan87

The (in)famous F-22...

I hope the US has other fighter planes if a big war errupts. Did they ever finish the F-35? Supossedly one for the Navy and one for the Air Force?

ORIGINAL: sassgrunt

During the ceremonies this morning, I was able to watch the flyover of Hawaii Air Guard F-22 Raptors. As they fly past the Arizona Memorial, one of them peels off iand the other three continue on in what's called the ''Missing Man Formation.'' The one that leaves the formation goes nearly straight up for a couple of thousand feet. Always an impressive show.

Canada just completely scrapped our plans to buy them. Overpriced and really unnecessary for this country. We manage to maintain 77 F-18s in service. What do we expect to 'defend' with 77 planes?

We could buy ~1000 rocket armed gyrocopters for the same amount of money, and spend twenty bucks a month on maintenance. Better idea IMO

Hehe.

Also, I completely forgot it was Dec 7 :\ Slept all day!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 PM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dec 7 was a good way to get rid of those dumb old battleships, funny how none of the carriers were there isn't it....when you really read into the history, japan didn't have a choice. What would the USA do if someone cut off our oil?....that's what we did to japan. People forget that stuff...kinda like the Lusataina that was directed to sail into an area that was known to have a U-boat operation in it......people forget and people are to lazy to really try to understand history from both sides of a war.

rip, those sailors/troops that paid the price. I never forget december 7th.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 PM
no12skyline

At certain angles its a dead ringer for an F-22:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...na_351693c.jpg

http://theaviationist.komputika.net/...17-0049-ho.jpg
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 PM
thecommander

On behalf of all the NEAD guys I want to thank all our Vets and those still serving. THANK YOU!!!

I still HATE Japanese cars and cringe everytime I see a Misubishi. If a friend visits I will not let them park it in my driveway. I can't let go of that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19234.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1827673  
Old 12-08-2012, 05:19 AM
strmnd54

We don't need f-35 in canada....
All we need is a squadron of well trained canadian geese ; on an " All-Bran" diet ; to take care of those s**t disturbers around the world ...
Old 12-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

First of all it's "A Date which will live in Infamy"

And two... just how many feel that way against Japanese cars have Japanese made electronics, RC TANKS, shoes and clothing?

I think it's past time to get over it. It's been settled already.

~ Jeff
Old 12-08-2012, 06:37 AM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

A new documentary is out. "First fifteen minutes of Pearl Harbor." It focuses on the demise of the Arizona and has new previously unreleased classified footage. They showed some clips of it on the local news here last night.

Been to Hawaii and seen the memorial. During my tour in the Marines.

I will remember I have many WWII documentaries and movies in my collection.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: Strato50

Canada just completely scrapped our plans to buy them. Overpriced and really unnecessary for this country. We manage to maintain 77 F-18s in service. What do we expect to 'defend' with 77 planes?

We could buy ~1000 rocket armed gyrocopters for the same amount of money, and spend twenty bucks a month on maintenance. Better idea IMO

Hehe.

Also, I completely forgot it was Dec 7 :\ Slept all day!
Whatis thereto defend in Canada?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 AM
dadragon

I was there in the early 60's when I made 2 wespac cruises on the USS RANGER.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 AM
airzona

mustclime u should also spend some time and read. all of those "dumb old battleships", minus the arizona, utah, and ohlahoma, were repaired and finished the war. the japanese would not have lost their oil if they didnt try and take over all of asia, thank teddy roosevelt for that. so japan had a choice, play nice with others and dont steal other nations land, they only bombed pearl to delay the butt whoppin they got in the end. i fear all we have done is woken a sleeping giant....adm. yamamoto. (something close to that)
Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I didn't forget, just didn't post anything here. It is amazing how we forget history if we do not study it. There is another side to the issue of the United States using an oil embargo against the Japanese. It seems there was the fact that Japan was trying to cut us out of Asian trade by invading and holding all the territory it could.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 AM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Attack us with aircraft, kill thousands of our people and in less than four years, after an epic *****-whupping you're on the receiving end of a couple of nukes. I really wish we still played by THAT rule.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 AM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

The quote is from Yamamato: All we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and filled them with a terrible resolve.

He had told his command before the Pearl Harbor Attack. He could keep the Americans busy for a year after that he could guarantee nothing.

He knew he would lose he did not want the war to begin with. Once America switched to "War mode". They could not match our output of ships and planes. He was educated at Harvard and had been around the country.

The Japanese Army at that time was in power. They were arrogant and foolish.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 AM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

After seeing the destruction at Pearl Harbor, Adm. Halsey said "When this war is over, the only place the Japanese language will be spoken is in Hell."
Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 AM
ksoc

Dec 7 was a good way to get rid of those dumb old battleships, funny how none of the carriers were there isn't it....when you really read into the history, japan didn't have a choice. What would the USA do if someone cut off our oil?....that's what we did to japan. People forget that stuff...kinda like the Lusataina that was directed to sail into an area that was known to have a U-boat operation in it......people forget and people are to lazy to really try to understand history from both sides of a war.

rip, those sailors/troops that paid the price. I never forget december 7th.
Why did the US cut off Japan's oil supply? I think it had something to do with their little romp through China..... Ask the residents of Nanking how that went. Japan had sent the Imperial Army and Navy out to secure resources for the home islands. The US cut off oil shipments hoping to slow Japans armed aggression. They just redirected it.

Countries, like people, always have choices. Japan had choices to make, and the leadership believed the US was weak and would not want to engage in a war in the Pacific. They were wrong.

No problem dealing with post war Japan. Imperial Japan is another matter. Pearl Harbor, the Bataan Death March, Nanking, treatment of POW's and civilians, Unit 731....
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM
jessiej

Pearl Harbor got rid of the battleships?

Didn,t the Japanese sign the surrender aboard a US battleship? Didn't battleships take part i n Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq?

Jess

Old 12-08-2012, 01:50 PM
BIGMIG

The reaon for the post was not to create a debate,just a notation of the day that needs to be remembered by us all.I was about a year and a half old when this attack took place.The history leading up to this attack and on through to the end results is well doccumented and leaves little in my eyes to debate about.I can't think of any other event after reading a lot of history that has taken place in or involving the USA that directly effected every person living here in one way or other than the time span and event of WWII.

BIGMIG

US NAVY (1960-1964 ) Served on...USS Pine Island.....USS Navasota........USS Ashtabula.....18 Months Cubi Point NAS Philippines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.