Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 AM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Sorry guys.. I was just so informed that i will NOT be going to the meeting.I want to attend but we have wifes family christmas party sunday... thought i could sneak up and be back for it in time but aparently she knows how ''the gift of gab''works... maby if it was closer.. hope to be informed on how things go.. I can however be counted in on pre race setup and help however needed for events at Stoney Pond also would like to input on some fliers for races and will post them around the cdga.-bloomfield-farmington-maby victor area and can get them to performance hobbys in webster.... should post a thread on IW as well and maby craigslist??? MAN 70 deg. one day...20 deg the next..Gotta love N.Y.!!??!! please keep me posted[img][/img]
Jan 6th
Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 AM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Sorry guys.. I was just so informed that i will NOT be going to the meeting.I want to attend but we have wifes family christmas party sunday... thought i could sneak up and be back for it in time but aparently she knows how ''the gift of gab''works... maby if it was closer.. hope to be informed on how things go.. I can however be counted in on pre race setup and help however needed for events at Stoney Pond also would like to input on some fliers for races and will post them around the cdga.-bloomfield-farmington-maby victor area and can get them to performance hobbys in webster.... should post a thread on IW as well and maby craigslist??? MAN 70 deg. one day...20 deg the next..Gotta love N.Y.!!??!! please keep me posted[img][/img]
Jan 6th
at least someone is payin attn...i can probably make that date....
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Blackout

Everyone that wants to go to the meeting or wants to be informed on what happened, send a PM to Cindy with your e-mail address. She'll update you on any meeting info through e-mail. Jan 6th sounds good.

Also think about any responsibilities you might want to take on for the races. I took on trophies. I've been looking for good and inexpensive trophies and hope to have a sample to share on January 6th. I have decided to offer trophies depending on class size. This is something that has been done in SCCA Solo racing for a long time with good results. It reduces the trophy cost per entry, allowing nicer trophies. It makes getting a trophy actually something to be proud about. No third place trophies for someone with 25 points in a class of three boats. With large classes, you can actually get a trophy for 4th or 5th place. This is good because placing 4th out of 10 drivers is something to be pround of. This will be done on a trial basis for the 2013 season. I hope no one has a problem with it, because I kinda made the decision on my own. But it has worked very well for the SCCA Solo races that I have helped organize. The break down is shown below.

1 trophy for 1 - 3 boats
2 trophies for 4 - 6 boats
3 trophies for 7 - 9 boats
4 trophies for 10 - 13 boats
5 trophies for 14 - 17 boats
6 trophies for 18 - 21 boats
and so on.....

We will clearly state this on our race flyer and on our website.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Everyone that wants to go to the meeting or wants to be informed on what happened, send a PM to Cindy with your e-mail address. She'll update you on any meeting info through e-mail. Jan 6th sounds good.

Also think about any responsibilities you might want to take on for the races. I took on trophies. I've been looking for good and inexpensive trophies and hope to have a sample to share on January 6th. I have decided to offer trophies depending on class size. This is something that has been done in SCCA Solo racing for a long time with good results. It reduces the trophy cost per entry, allowing nicer trophies. It makes getting a trophy actually something to be proud about. No third place trophies for someone with 25 points in a class of three boats. With large classes, you can actually get a trophy for 4th or 5th place. This is good, because placing 4th out of 10 drivers is something to be pround of. This will be done on a trial basis for the 2013 season. I hope no one has a problem with it because I kinda made the decision on my own. But it has worked very well for the SCCA Solo races that I have helped organize. The break down is shown below.

1 trophy for 1 - 3 boats
2 trophies for 4 - 6 boats
3 trophies for 7 - 9 boats
4 trophies for 10 - 13 boats
5 trophies for 14 - 17 boats
6 trophies for 18 - 21 boats
and so on.....

We will clearly state this on our race flyer and on our website.
Good idea and something different with more meaning. Trophies for last man standing are meaningless. Nice job.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM
advanced builder

I can be the fuel guy. If you need one that is ,I will pay up front. Do you thing we can use 100 gal. or 50 gal
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Blackout

I can be the fuel guy. If you need one that is ,I will pay up front. Do you thing we can use 100 gal. or 50 gal
That would be good Neil. You can start taking fuel orders when ever you would like. Do you know who you want to go with? My suggestion is Technology Fuels, but feel free to shop around. You still will want to ship to my work address at Crosman Seed to save money. We have a loading dock, so no added charges are needed for LTL. I know Lynn Bowerman is looking for fuel, he is on here. He will probably want a case of 40%. Start taking fuel orders from club members and we can talk about the shipping details when we are ready to order. Thanks Neil.

Put me down for a case of 50%, if you are going with Technology Fuels.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 PM
engineman351

Rick., Tom dropped off the air scoop last weekend. I set it aside to finish curing...and now it is pretty rigid. Nice job. Is the mold wood, foam...or?? I'll get it mounted on the AM T-Boat cowl shortly. Thanks, Roger
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Rick., Tom dropped off the air scoop last weekend. I set it aside to finish curing...and now it is pretty rigid. Nice job. Is the mold wood, foam...or?? I'll get it mounted on the AM T-Boat cowl shortly. Thanks, Roger
hi roger, glad you like it. the mold is blue foam with a couple layers of cloth and 30 min epoxy.. then covered with plastic because i didnt have mold release stuff...lol... done a bit of glass work in my time.. dad specialized in vettes... i kinda followed his steps till i got burned out with cars and dog eat dog profession..
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM
gassertom

Craig - great idea on the trophies. Meaningless trouphies are just that!

Neal, count us in for a case of 50% - like Techology brand.

T&C
Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 AM
advanced builder

Ok guys I have talked to Jim Otto and he has given me some numbers for fuel prices this next season. I think 12 cases will work out for this next season I will order 1/2 40% 1/2 50% I'm still looking for orders
around $30 per gal is the price ,shipping was not included yet. I will wait till next year to order. ,after the holidays
Here is a good X-mast present.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26-Fiberglas...item2325d0fc48
Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 PM
engineman351

Neil...Promise me you will NOT buy that hydro!! The bid at $7.50 is already too high!! The Pro-Boat Miss Bud's are one of me least favorite boats. I have had to work on many as they came in for repair at Dan's a lot when they first came out. On some, the inside of the radio box compartment was not watertight so it didn't matter if you got the lid taped on correctly or not. Many hulls just cracked from the vibration or simply by picking them up by the sponsons. Some of my buddies tried to put .21's in them which just made all of the hull issues even worse. The later versions with the flex shaft were a little better on quality, but performance wise they were limited. My 2 Cents!! RC
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
parshallboatworks

LOL!!! Roger, he is going to win it and give to you for christmas!!!

Neil...Promise me you will NOT buy that hydro!! The bid at $7.50 is already too high!! The Pro-Boat Miss Bud's are one of me least favorite boats. I have had to work on many as they came in for repair at Dan's a lot when they first came out. On some, the inside of the radio box compartment was not watertight so it didn't matter if you got the lid taped on correctly or not. Many hulls just cracked from the vibration or simply by picking them up by the sponsons. Some of my buddies tried to put .21's in them which just made all of the hull issues even worse. The later versions with the flex shaft were a little better on quality, but performance wise they were limited. My 2 Cents!! RC
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 PM
advanced builder

Just a little elbow grease and she's a queen Roger
OK what do they use to cut the nitro down to say 50% if I were to buy VPfuel it's 99.9% nitro how do you get it down to the lower amount? The oils added will bring it down some how do you measure % total volume? If I started with 5 gal of 99.9% nitro added 10% oils = 90% yes?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Blackout

Just a little elbow grease and she's a queen Roger
OK what do they use to cut the nitro down to say 50% if I were to buy VPfuel it's 99.9% nitro how do you get it down to the lower amount? The oils added will bring it down some how do you measure % total volume? If I started with 5 gal of 99.9% nitro added 10% oils = 90% yes?
You need to add methanol as well. Same stuff that the karts run I guess??

Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM
engineman351

Neil...If you were making a 50% nitro blend using 99.9% nitro, you would add equal amounts of menthanol and the nitro. For boat fuel around 18-19% is oil by volume. So if you were making a gallon of 50% nitro fuel... 24oz would be oil, 52oz would be methanol and 52oz would be Nitro...128oz= 1 gallon. A gallon of 40% would have the same 24oz of oil, 62oz of methanol and 42oz of nitro. I will add that the guys who do their own mixing can get good quality methanol (not all menthanol is just methanol) and nitro (VP99.9 is about as good as it gets) as well as an oil with good quality additives...usually with a synthetic blend of castor oil. Then you need a safe place to do it and make sure any moisture is kept out. This is why we usually have Fuel Tecnologies or Red Max do it for us. If you want to try mixing some on your own, I suggest you get a hold of a local drag racer that runs a fuel car and see what they do. They would not typically be adding oil, but they probably have some process for storing and mixing the nitro and methanol. BTW... someone should check my math!! Roger C.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM
advanced builder

Neil...If you were making a 50% nitro blend using 99.9% nitro, you would add equal amounts of menthanol and the nitro. For boat fuel around 18-19% is oil by volume. So if you were making a gallon of 50% nitro fuel... 24oz would be oil, 52oz would be methanol and 52oz would be Nitro...128oz= 1 gallon. A gallon of 40% would have the same 24oz of oil, 62oz of methanol and 42oz of nitro. I will add that the guys who do their own mixing can get good quality methanol (not all menthanol is just methanol) and nitro (VP99.9 is about as good as it gets) as well as an oil with good quality additives...usually with a synthetic blend of castor oil. Then you need a safe place to do it and make sure any moisture is kept out. This is why we usually have Fuel Tecnologies or Red Max do it for us. If you want to try mixing some on your own, I suggest you get a hold of a local drag racer that runs a fuel car and see what they do. They would not typically be adding oil, but they probably have some process for storing and mixing the nitro and methanol. BTW... someone should check my math!! Roger C.
I better not make my own ,you won't want to race me then
Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 PM
parshallboatworks

i found this simply beautiful.... just sayin
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM
advanced builder

a good engine for that hull
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 AM
engineman351

Rick, Great pic!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That must be Mr. Thompson in the green and red boat, making a sharp turn away from the course

Joe
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

That must be Mr. Thompson in the green and red boat, making a sharp turn away from the course

Joe
Prop walk ,
I like the 45 twin post on the IW I better get my rework done so I can get a twin. Good Job Joe. Another great hull by Zippkits. You brought back a nice.45 class. Speed is what we want Will you have any done by Jan 6 SAVE ON SHIPPING
Here we go. Yee Ha- look out fellas
Winter isn't here yet and were trash talking and Jabbing ,grab-ass-in ,ass kiss-in LOL Have I missed anything
How do I keep 2 engines running [>:]
Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 AM
tdrock357

Hi, New Guy here and am putting together a easy -vee , got most of what I need ,going to paint in a day or two.I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice for a motor,I ve been doing a little research?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the X-Force 26cc engines.
I am slightly biased though...

Why not come to the meeting on the 6th with your new EV and we can look it over for you?

-

Neil with a twin! Yikes! That could make national news...

I will bring whatever you need to the meeting. Just let me know.

Joe

Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Blackout

Here is the X-Force....

http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index....roducts_id=400

Neil, You could put a single .90 in the new Zippkit JAE 45 twin as well. I'm pretty sure the designers tested the hull with both a single .90 and twin .45's. Put a CMB .91 VAC in the hull and have fun lapping the gas riggers!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:01 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: tdrock357

Hi, New Guy here and am putting together a easy -vee , got most of what I need ,going to paint in a day or two.I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice for a motor,I ve been doing a little research?
Hi td... welcome aboard!!
I purchased a x-force from joe @zippkits (use blackouts link..) the price is right.. the zenoah is more expensive,however the x-force not allowed in the thunderboats for races... not sure about mono class or if you plan to race... these guys are very helpful from Stoney Pond Boat Club... been great to me getting back into hobby after 10yrs out(been flying till i found some crazt boaters...lol) dont be shy ask questions and if you like message tom about meeting in jan. (gassertom).. welcoming new members and will guarantee you wont find a nicer group and place to run around here... meeting in henriatta so may be a cruse from geveva, but i am sure craig or i or someone from this area would be happy to carpool!!! keep in touch cause this club is going places!!!
RICK P.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.