Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Sebart Mythos 2mtr

Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM
H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebart Mythos 2mtr

Hi Does anyone have any experience of setting up/flying this model?
For me it is proving to be a 'head scratcher' the recommended starting point is 0dg motor, 0dg tail, +.5dg wing.
The problem arises when you match the spinner to the fuz it is then impossible to achieve the set up above without moving the tail anti rotation pin and fitting wing adjusters.
....or am I missing something.
Adrian

Old 12-07-2012, 02:55 PM
DAMBUSTER

Default RE: Sebart Mythos 2mtr

Hi,It seems the Mythos has the same fuz as both the Wind S Pro and the Composite version of that model. Both of those models,and by default the Mythos, have a problem with Stab incidence due to the anhedral which is not allowed for in the stab "spar" and anti-rotation pin positions in the fuselage. The problem is particularly bad in the Composite version which has more anhedral and thicker stab section.
These problems have been dealt with at length in the threads for the Wind S and Composite on this site.
You will need to determine the amount of anhedral to find which fix you need to apply.If the anhedral is as the Wind S then screwing the stab adjusters to their max (and maybe filing out a little ) will probably give what you need.If the anhedral is as the Composite then you need a more drastic fix (see threads!).
On the Wind/s I have built I have also installed wing adjusters,without these I don't see how you will get the set up you say,.....or does the Mythos have wing adjusters ?
Cheers Dambuster.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 PM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You have to do what (?) to the stabs of these two expensive/over priced pattern planes. Give me a BREAK!!!!! B.J. Park's line of pattern planes with anhedral stabs do NOT have these problems, fly better than and do not cost near as much! Please, someone out there tell it's not so____Everette
Old 12-08-2012, 07:34 AM
anders12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please don`t mention that the fuselage moulds are getting a bit worn making the finish a bit dull and the seams a bit more visible. Then the drama-queen Everette will have a heartattack and with his dying breath wisper -" The Episode has a proper paintjo...

/Anders Johansson
Old 12-08-2012, 08:15 AM
wattsup

I've rethought my response and rather than resort to the pathetic art of name calling as Anders has elected to do, I will say that if Sebart knowingly continued to produce any of their 2M pattern planes using tired or defective molds, than the market has caught up with them and they will pay the price for their decisions. Note, I am not in the manufacturing business related to pattern plane kits but, as a consumer I've bought enough kits over the last 25+ years to know the difference in the mentality of the producer_ie, quality versus quantity, and believe me when I say I've seen a large number of these types go out of business over the years and so have you. Shoddy workmanship and the "fast buck" mentality has no place in our community and needs to be punished! It's easy to understand, if the manufacturer is producing a large number of fuses, the mold is going to wear out over a period of time and will need to be replaced. Now if they know this and elect not to take the appropriate action then they have no one to blame! Defective fuses are difficult to eat and even harder to digest! Just to set the record straight, Everette
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM
H

Thanks DAMBUSTER I have reviewed earlier threads hopefully I can get this sorted.
WATTSUP I was hoping for constructive input not an an acerbic attack on the manufacturer.
I suggest you continue your rant elsewhere.
Adrian Harrison
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 AM
wattsup

Adrian, I'm not interested in any of your suggestions..........But, for the sake of clarification, let me see if I understand. You, like others, go out and knowingly purchase a kit like this and then come on this pattern thread whining and complaining about it's design or manufacturing defects and beg for help to correct the problem? Unbelieveable! All I have to add is, you should have known better. Regards, Everette
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
serious power

ORIGINAL: wattsup

Adrian, I'm not interested in any of your suggestions..........But, for the sake of clarification, let me see if I understand. You, like others, go out and knowingly purchase a kit like this and then come on this pattern thread whining and complaining about it's design or manufacturing defects and beg for help to correct the problem? Unbelieveable! All I have to add is, you should have known better. Regards, Everette
Hi Everette,
I've read Adrian's post.
To me it reads;
Bought new model - ( new as in new )
Made observation.
Scratched his head - (must have been surprised)
Asked politely here for advise - ( that's hardly ' begging for help' )

I really do not read any 'whining or complaining' in his post let alone 'whining or complaining about it's design or manufacturing defects'.

For what it's worth I will add ;Adrian is one of the nicest guys in this hobby, and I don't think he deserves what you are giving him.

Brian
Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 PM
wattsup

Thanks Brian, You are probably right and I appreciate your response. BTW, did you ever figure out the right set of props (make and size) for your CD? Everette
Old 12-09-2012, 02:15 PM
HARRIS-G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If someone go to Mythos manual the photo at step 98 you will see that the hole for the front alu rod is removed and filled with some material to give more down to all stab and make stab adjusters work..

Iam also interested about the model and i hope that it will be fixed from the factory. Otherwise we have to do the same as the photo..

Harris
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 PM
wattsup

Would any of you out there like to join me in singing a few verses of that old country hit "I TOLD YOU SO"? Just thought I would ask......
Old 12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
DAMBUSTER

Dear wattsup, For some reason this forum does not automatically log me in so ,in general,I read the threads as a "guest". When I have something to offer I log in. When I log in I have a "block" on your "contributions".
Therefore you will see that there are times I have to suffer your diatribes. I have pondered for a l o n g time how someone can be so CONSTANTLY negative and I have arrived at your "space".It is obvious that most of us have times we cannot see if the glass is half full or half empty.....you ALWAYS know! Congratulations !!
Signed Envious Dambuster !!!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
wattsup

DELETED ON PURPOSE
Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 PM
wattsup

Thanks so much for all your encouraging words Dambuster. Let me also say, that as far as I'm concerned, there are generally two types of people, those like you that are seldom right and those individuals like me that although we aren't always right, we are NEVER wrong! My only hope is that you will understand how I feel and that you will continue to "block my diatribes" in the future! Thanks for being so honest and gracious. Regards, Everette
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 AM
serious power

ORIGINAL: wattsup

Thanks Brian, You are probably right and I appreciate your response. BTW, did you ever figure out the right set of props (make and size) for your CD? Everette
Hi Everette,
I'm flying a bipe with the contra.
So for me 22x18 front and 22x20 rear work best - Mikes carbon props.
With the bipe the higher pitch's give only a little extra speed but for much higher battery consumption - not a good trade off.
I am modifying some props but it will now be early Jan,, before I can do proper tests - busy with work right now untill and through xmass and need very calm weather for good tests.

Brian

Back to Adrians issue !

Old 12-10-2012, 06:40 AM
wattsup

Brian, please PM me at your convenience with the results of your prop testing. I have a particular application in mind but would prefer to discuss this with you via PM. Thanks, Everette