Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone NEW BRUSHLESS (YES!!!) P-51 Mustang RTF and BNF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone NEW BRUSHLESS (YES!!!) P-51 Mustang RTF and BNF

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW BRUSHLESS (YES!!!) P-51 Mustang RTF and BNF

Testing has shown some good possibilities with the GWSEP1147B 11X4.7 for use as a JUST FLY AT ANY ALTITUDE prop with my relatively heavy War Weary GUNFIGHTER. The 10X8, though it works well seems significantly faster than the 11 inch prop and at the moment just not quite as comfortable for flight as the larger lower pitch prop.

The first time I tried to post this information nothing happened. Let's see what happends now.

Something is still a little "funny" here. What is showing on the posted message is different from my composition. What's up?

Everything has settled down now.

Out.

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2,
Old 08-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

I salute your dedication and perseverance in the quest to complete your mission.

Something is still a little "funny" here.

You can say that again.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:27 AM
mad web tv scientist

Thanks Voodoo. We live in "funny" times. So far it has been possible to turn the tide on some of the "funny" times creators and have fun in spite of efforts to take us out.

Given the snap roll phenomena reported on the F4F, The P-51 will be my wingman on future CAP sorties at higher altitudes in order to check out possible dangers and procedures that might be interesting to deal with.

In the meantime, Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.
__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:00 PM
mad web tv scientist

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] LATEST GUNFIGHTER PROP TESTS

One test at around 3/4 mile density altitude in both windy and calm conditions had me debating about the old "ocean of air" controvercy. When flying into the wind it seemed like there had to be less momentum and G force when flying a 90 degree square corner straight up and therefore, less tendency to snap roll from the effects of prop blade flexing. The flights were virtually identical to those performed at sea level. I did find that if the ship is out of trim, especially rudder trim, snap rolls were possible under some flight conditions. I finally concluded that whether calm or windy the airplane experiences the same forces in maneuvers regardless of its relation to the ground; and no matter what subjective experiences go on in my mind while observing the plane from the ground.

I can't resist continuing testing these fascinating and neat sounding props even though I can't yet recomend them. There is simply an irresistible urge to fly with then on the P-51 and the F4F that is not clearly explainable.

More If figure out or experience something that might be of interest.

Out.

__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Stuntpilot51

Guardians of Freedom Airshow
Lincoln Nebraska 9/11/2011
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77737.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1663968  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:16 PM
mad web tv scientist

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] Thank you for the picture of our beautiful model's full scale all time greatest fighter!

Although my War Weary GUNFIGHTER has proven itself as a "Just Fly at Any Altitude" fighter using a modified PZ Mk II Spitfire prop, success with the now "Just Fly at Any Altitude" Wildcat using these seemingly too delicate GWSEP props has made it imperative to objectively test the 51 at a similar high altitude also using these props. Having broken them even while tightening one on a motor I intend to reinforce the center of future props with carbon fiber tow material.

The theory that seems to be working so well with these props is that when flying in thick sea level air the flexible blades reduce their pitch allowing the motor to reach efficient power with an otherwise too heavy of a load that would be imposed by less flexible props of the same diameter and pitch. At altitude the thinner air allows the props to run at a higher pitch that allows the motor to run at a high enough RPM that is still powerful enough to make up for the less dense air factor. We sort of have an automatic variable pitch prop here that works very well so long as the lateral balance of the plane is precisely correct. Snap rolls can happen real easy if the plane is out of trim.

We need to be reading and/or seeing more fun GUNFIGHTER stuff on this thread, so let's get some action going here. It looks like my web wingman has just shot down my major web adversaries. My PC seems to be working flawlessly now (famous last words).

Out.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
mad web tv scientist

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] Just finished an interesting test/demo flight today under hot humid low altitude conditions. In 10 MPH plus wind conditions the 11X4.8 SF flexible prop seemed to be barely providing enough thrust to perform up to minimum standards. The adjustable "fixed flaps" were removed when it was decided to use the "draggy" SF props to enjoy slower landing speed than stock conditions.

The 51 is definately more "touchy" around the roll axis than the F4F. It was impossible to fly a sharp square corner today without veering off to the right side. I removed some earlier istalled right wing tip weight to help trim the ship.

An intertaining event for the observers was the sudden influx of more big circling birds over the combat zone to see what the excitement was all about. We started with one bird and ended up with a furball of ten. Though out numbered ten to one I bravely fought off every interceptor. I had to take out time from my normal maneuvering presentation for yank and bank dogfighting with these black bogies that had no noticable insigna markings on them - no casualties.

Out.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
mad web tv scientist

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] Finally got all the parts needed for the GUNFIGHTER, the Mk II, and Mk IX Spitfires yesterday. The pristine condition P-51 will receive the 30 Amp ESC from my new Spit. Finally decided to put my pampered Mustang to work. Because it is almost a quarter pound lighter than my many times crashed and repaired "War Weary GUNFIGHTER," I hope to demonstrate the same or better "Just Fly At Any Altitude" capability with it as has been accomplished with the F4F.

I just received a shocking e-mail message last weekend that has kept me buried exploring the web for the latest facts about "hydrogen fuel from water technology" Typing the late Stanley Meyer's hydrogen from water fuel cell into GOOGLE'S search engine brought up almost a half million web sites! I will be posting the following URLs on my main energy/modeling promoting web work: http://www.panacia-bocaf.org/meyerwatercell.htm & http://cheniere.org/correspondence/061308.htm
(sometimes I have to click on the URL that pops up with an "Oops . . ." message)

The really shocking thing was to find a scientist with the very same name as one I have been corresponding with duplicating Stanley Meyer's results! Please see: Aaron Murakami on http://www.freeenergynews.com/newsletter/ & http://peswiki.com/index.php/OS%3aWa...Aaron_Murakami Sometimes the scroll button needs to be used to bring up Aaron's work. (I have to click on the URL that pops up with the "Oops . . " message that appears here a lot. Funny how much trouble some of us free energy fans have on the web, isn't it? Why, it's enough to think someone doesn't like us very much.)

I must now try to find out who's on first and what's on second!

Out.

P.S. (11/25/2011) The above free energy web site URLs require me to click on the names of the web sites when the "Oops . . ." message appears. Strangely, there is no problem (yet) when clicking on an identical URL located my MAD WEB TV SCIENTIST PAGE. What an interesting "anomaly" (?).
Old 12-10-2011, 07:12 PM
mad web tv scientist

TAKE BACK THE SKY aircraft continue their victorious campaign.

In spite of every effort the GUNFIGHTER absolutely refused to snap roll with the slightly modified GWS 10X8 SF prop in flights over a few days of testing. This particular P-51 with a hot 28C, 4.25 ounce battery is so different from my old war weary GUNFIGHTER that it really seems like an almost totally different airplane. What a difference weighing four ounces less makes!

Back in a minute or so. I am still having to watch out about dirty tricks.

The key to victory may be the slightly rounded prop leading edges that were sanded in, thus minimizing prop stalling tendencies that might have caused the earlier snap rolling phenomena suffered with the WW P-51. I also added offset prop angle to equal most of my other WW II fighters (total around 2.5 degrees right thrust), and reduced down thrust prop angle slightly. The ship now flies nice consecutive rolls flying straight up at full throttle without too much tendency to go "off course." Although I have never had one of these very flimsy looking props break in flight with a lot of testing from sea level to over two miles high near the Continental Divide, I have reinforced the hub area with carbon fiber tow material using CA glue and baking soda just in case. Love the performance of this "new" P-51. It also sounds really neat in a dead stick dive.

The P-47 flies so well with its new prop I must repeat its performance a few more times before reporting on it. The landing gear on my best ROG 109 is now set up like the very good landing full flap version 109 that I may not need to practice with much more before tackling my deceitful Spit again. I am still bad about bouncing in during landings.

We scored big time on Facebook today even with all kinds weird stuff going on there and here with my PC. The truth is getting out. It's simply a matter of bull dog determination and relentlessness.

So, Aim High, Fly, Fight, and Win!

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

P.S. The enemy continues his harassment attacks on our smileys. They still don't get it. They are fighting for a lost cause. Please notice what happened to our most determined enemies that were so clearly exposed on our Mk II Spitfire thread that I affectionately refer to as my TURKEY SHOOT page (see CALL TO GLORY - none of the tyrants survived to post on our forum - may they be rewarded according to their works).
Old 12-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Saburo Sakai

Here she is gracing the tarmac of Ellington Field, Texas, just last month (November).That's my friendJeffrey Weiss, third from left, a pilot himself who actually flew in her there. It was a moving experience, he reports, and also says she still runs on Merlin Power. What a glorious marriage of Anglo-American aviation magic: alone, we could not make her just snapping perfect; but together...England and America created something so awesome that tyranny was crushed and half the world was freed. You see, alonewe cannot make it, but together, Britain and America, and evil falls to good, every time!
(photo courtesy Jeffrey Weiss) Thanks, Jeffrey! Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah, all!
Second image is one you can ENLARGE!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52383.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1702282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73378.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1702283  
Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 PM
mad web tv scientist

Thanks for the great post and mentioning the real values that have a fighting chance of returning our death spiraling present world to the kind of greatness that won WW II! This is a very noble mission that must be accomplished at all costs against all enemies foreign and domestic!

I really am in love with my newly modified GUNFIGHTER. Your pictures are very much appreciated. I hope the owners will take very good care of that priceless beauty. I get nervous when I think about it flying.

Remember my "slow as Christmas" Hurricane? Well, it turns out that it is now slower than Christmas! My FHS said it will now be here the 28th, yes, December, but I'm not holding my breath!

Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.

__________________________________________________ ___
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

P.S. The fate of our smileys still hangs in the balance.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Saburo Sakai

A "Late Hurri?"
I feel your anticipation in hope, too, for a new bird of glory: my UMX, AS3X digi-gyro equipped BEAST is en route, but I guess on a really long flight, somewhere between the moon and New York City.
Well, as Archbishop Fulton Sheen said, "God love you!"
And so we wait.......FORGLORY!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

My Beast is almost here. It's marked out for delivery on the UPS website. Don't know when I'll get a chance to fly it, but I'm sure excited about it arriving. I had a bit of a run-in with the folks down at HH. It really ticked me off when they announced that the only way to buy a new Beast is in the BNFBasic. So I called and sent them a couple of emails. At first I didn't think there was any effect. But last week I got a call from one of the sales managers. Iexplained that while I had more than a dozen Horizon aircraft down in the shop, not one of them used the same battery/charger system that was installed on theBeast. I also told them that I couldn't believe that Horizon was not interested in expanding their customer base (Beastwise)beyond those people who alread owned the Beast. I asked if they really in fact believed that very few people who didn't own the Beast would purchase one. I was told that in fact that was exactly what they believed. Well we talked for a while longer, and I finally said you know if I could have purchased a Full Fledged BNFBeast for the same price that you are selling the UMXGee Bee, I would already own one. At the point I thing the HH rep decided to call my bluff. Only I wasn't bluffing and nowI have a full fledged BNFBeast on the BBT headed for my house.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:51 AM
mad web tv scientist

VooDoo, thanks to your mentioning the irresistible Gee Bee it/they (yes, the bigger one too) could become my very first non-fighter plane purchases. I've tried really hard to resist and will continue to struggle until I can read more about the models.

So, please keep us informed.

Thanks.

Out.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:10 PM
mad web tv scientist

Sakai, I'm obviously getting slower as a result of my chronologically challenged age. I just now finally saw the humor in your "Late Hurri." I hope you will be patient with me. Eventually I will get it, I promse.

According to another seemingly authoritative website the Hurricane will be available . . . to be continued (gotta throw off the "sorry . . .timed out" enemy's aim, you understand).

The claim is that the Hurricane will be available this month! So, it has only been one measly year since I put out my hard earned cash in vain for it! How dare anybody to get so excited about such a little thing!? Why you would think the whole world was falling apart the way some people carry on about such trivialities! Right?

The new "not in a hurry" Hurricane had better be really great after all of the agonizing longsuffering patience so many fighter plane fanitics have endured for so long. Talk about "enduring the unendurable," this has to be right up there at the top of anybody's unendurable list!!!

Speaking of "fighter planes," the fabulous "Clash of Wings - The Fighters Education" TV program featuring the German Messerschmitt Bf-109 fighter, not only is used very impressively in the introduction, but also is the very first fighter plane discussed in this program that really tells it like it is!

The narrator makes the following very revealing, abosolutely true, factual statment about "the fighter plane." "The fighter plane captures the imagination and fuels the fantasies of everyone interested in aviation." To me this statement states the obvious. I fail to understand why so few modeling enthusiasts seem to be revealing their pleasurable fighter fantasies on the threads. I suspect that "less than wholesome" behavior from some is having a supressive influence on an otherwise joyful experience very much like those described on my "Turkey Shoot" page (see CALL TO GLORY web site).

So, we are looking forward to the time when everything works like it should in modeling, even with the big ParkZone Bf-109G Messerschmitt thread that has so far failed to work since my last post there.

Remember to keep checking your six!

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]

Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
Old 07-14-2012, 07:21 PM
mad web tv scientist

My heavy War Weary GUNFIGHTER was somewhat successfully used as a trainer last week end. It was brought along as a backup for the Albatros that is set up as a trainer because of its mild trainer like manners. The problem was the big "A" wasn't very friendly in the hot, turbulent air it had to live in on mission day. The '51 was taken out of the aircraft carrier and demonstrated that it had no problem with the wind or less dense hot air at all but seemed unusually fast and was a little more difficult to position in the air for starting the practice flying session than was the case with the F4F Wildcat we used previously.

Turned out when my student pilots took over, that the transmitter they were using connected to my transmitter was badly out of trim. Needless to say until we straightened everything out we had quite a time trying to adjust things during flight. The WW '51 will continue its primary mission as a backup trainer/demonstrator that will probably get little flying time in the future.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416

____________________________________ FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

___________________________________ SPITFIRE EXCITEMENT! Facebook's finest hour - http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 (There is a "malware" problem on either my PC or Facebook's web site as the display on Facebook is different between my PC and other web equipment owned by other accounts. It's like the action smileys and "red X" problem I have reported on other threads.THE MALWARE PROBLEM ON FB IS NOW GONE.) THE MALWARE PROBLEM ON FB IS NOW GONE. Due to the unanticipated important information about the revolutionary thorium plasma battery technology on top it is now necessary to scroll down to the "buried treasure Spitfire" posts.

"mad thorium batteries" typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up great information about thorium plasma batteries.

THE ULTIMATE THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY WEB SITE: http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html
Old 11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Aircraftfreak15

finaly picked one up this weekend love the plane but dont like the servo set up on the thrid flight amoung the landing the servo striped a gear and assumeing from draging on the gound the servo horn also broke any one else have this problem or a solution to it?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 PM
mad web tv scientist

Hey Aircraftfreak15, thanks for posting your question. I'll make a deal with you. If you will keep posting fun stuff about your P-51 here, I will be glad to share my solution that will work very well to fix your problem. The fighter plane threads on this forum have virtually become little more than my fighter diaries and that has got to stop, especially with models of the greatest fighter plane of all time. So, do we have a deal?

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE
POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html

PS Please check out the new possible turning point on my Blog.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Aircraftfreak15

ok so new cheap pz servo in flys great still thinking of props and what sizes might help her move a little faster. any sugestions?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Viragored

ORIGINAL: Aircraftfreak15

finaly picked one up this weekend love the plane but dont like the servo set up on the thrid flight amoung the landing the servo striped a gear and assumeing from draging on the gound the servo horn also broke any one else have this problem or a solution to it?
I stuck a little bit of foam under the wing ahead of each servo arm, so that they would scrape the ground and save the servo. Painted with something like the wing colour, they're hardly visible.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
mad web tv scientist

Glad to learn about your successful P-51 repair. All of my airplanes that can be anticipated to belly land in their lifetime are set up with triangle shaped shields solidly glued in front of aileron control horns. My strongest ones have carbon fiber reinforcment to keep the shields from breaking on some of those really hard landings into bad areas. Even with the shields I managed to destroy an aileon servo myself on my War Weary GUNFIGHTER.

First thing needed for speed is to install a 30 Amp ESC if yours does not have one. Next, props with more pitch need to be experimented with until you find one that makes you smile as your pride and joy flys by. Be sure your burst current doesn't exceed 35 amps for 15 seconds. Now tune your equipment, have some fun and share it with us.

Crude measurements have indicated that my 51 can dive dead stick at around 40 mph from 400 ft down to nearly ground level.

Almost forgot, a higher "C" battery than stock (I use 25-30 C) will be needed to get that burst current needed for the spectacular performance you crave.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE
POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!

PS Please check out the new possible turning point on my Blog.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Aircraftfreak15

ok sounds good it there a way to put a flight 480 pake motor and 40 amp esc in it because i have bouth just laying around waiting for something.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 PM
mad web tv scientist

You may be on to something. A great thing about modeling is the fun involved in experimentation. I just finished an experiment that is working beautifully with my Albatros - can't wait to get her out and see how well she will fly now. I would be sure to make everything reversible if you try your idea in case it doesn't quite work out. I found with higher pitch props another degree and a half right thrust and a half degree downthrust is useful. I also add right wing tip weight that roughly equals the torque at landing power levels.

Let us know how your experimental adventures turn out, and don't let anything or anyone discouage you.

Out.

PS Please check out the new possible turning point on my Blog
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 AM
mad web tv scientist

GREAT NEWS FOR SMALL BATTERY GUNFIGHTER OWNERS

Tests show that our little stock ParkZone P-51 GUNFIGHTER batteries set up with our "automatic adjustable pitch prop" invention work perfectly, as well as do other small batteries with lower "C" values. I suspect they will work just as well at higher altitudes as well, but tests at higher altitudes will eventually have to be done to be sure. In the meantime us low altitude flyers can enjoy our smaller killer size fighters using smaller batteries than was possible back when modified Spitfire props were being used for our "just fly at any altitude" fighters.

Breaking off the attack now.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of
Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852
(Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight -
www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ _________
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY -
http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
__________________________________________________ __________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with
technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA
BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are
going to have in the future of flight!

''mad thorium batteries'' typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up some
great information about thorium plasma batteries.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Chucksolo69

Yesterday, at our field, we had a gentleman flying a CORSTANG!! Yes, a version 1 Parkzone Corsair with a Parkzone P-51 wing. It flew great!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.