Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 12-09-2012, 03:15 PM
bdog1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Hey Guy's : I just found this,might get your heart pumping a bit waiting for spring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxalhItqJvw
Old 12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In primer about ready for base color... note the "push stick".. thats for when the X-FORCE Quits i can jump in and push it to the finish!!!LOL!!
Rick

Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

In primer about ready for base color... note the ''push stick''.. thats for when the X-FORCE Quits i can jump in and push it to the finish!!!LOL!![img][/img]
Rick

Looks great Rick!

Once spring first hits we should have some good thunder boat grudge racing! We'll have to practice for the real races. I'll CD, get the Thompsons and Joe to bring their thunderboats and then Roger, Tom, and Rick. Bob has one too! Let's see how many thunder boats can safely race on Stony Pond with the new improvements.... Atleast 4 and the drivers stand might allow more. The drivers stand is key because everyone is going to be fighting for lane 1 anyways....
Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Proboat 772

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

That must be Mr. Thompson in the green and red boat, making a sharp turn away from the course

Joe
It was the hot coffee that spilled in my lap when the cup holder broke......

Old 12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Proboat 772

That must be Mr. Thompson in the green and red boat, making a sharp turn away from the course

Joe
It was the hot coffee that spilled in my lap when the cup holder broke......

LOL... I thought it was because you were trying to go by some crazy swerving newbie you were about to lap!!... you guys are too funny!!!
RICK

Old 12-09-2012, 07:32 PM
advanced builder

Here is good look inside a EV https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 PM
parshallboatworks

Hey Rick... Why don't you find me a nice pattern plane to trade for some hardware?
I really need a pre-turnaround ship! Something from the 70's would be fine...

As for the raffle prizes, you could get a manufacturer to sell you a kit, engine and hardware for cost, and have Rick build it and paint it then raffle it off as a custom RTR.
You would make a lot more money than buying a $900 RTR gas boat.

I may know just the person to talk to about this.........

We will fully support Stony Pond in any way we can. A swap shop is an EXCELLENT IDEA for the big race. Make it for all R/C (boats, aircraft, cars) and promote it.
I do a lot of promotion for other clubs (and Zipp) so let me know if I can help.

Joe
This is a great idea... suprised no one commented on it... I would be willing to donate the build time and some KLASS KOTE i have left over and the west systems to seal it and we can adervitise it as an AWESOME ZIPPKITS ARTR..maby we can get a donated radio and servos etc from some manufactures to publisize them as well as ZIPPKITS,Parshallwoodworks,STONEY POND BOAT CLUB, as a multiple business participation project.... WIN,WIN for all of us.. just sayin... good way to promote the hobby and several businesses and club!! just throwin it out there AGAIN... lets set things in motion
Rick
Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Blackout

Hey Rick... Why don't you find me a nice pattern plane to trade for some hardware?
I really need a pre-turnaround ship! Something from the 70's would be fine...

As for the raffle prizes, you could get a manufacturer to sell you a kit, engine and hardware for cost, and have Rick build it and paint it then raffle it off as a custom RTR.
You would make a lot more money than buying a $900 RTR gas boat.

I may know just the person to talk to about this.........

We will fully support Stony Pond in any way we can. A swap shop is an EXCELLENT IDEA for the big race. Make it for all R/C (boats, aircraft, cars) and promote it.
I do a lot of promotion for other clubs (and Zipp) so let me know if I can help.

Joe
This is a great idea... suprised no one commented on it... I would be willing to donate the build time and some KLASS KOTE i have left over and the west systems to seal it and we can adervitise it as an AWESOME ZIPPKITS ARTR..maby we can get a donated radio and servos etc from some manufactures to publisize them as well as ZIPPKITS,Parshallwoodworks,STONEY POND BOAT CLUB, as a multiple business participation project.... WIN,WIN for all of us.. just sayin... good way to promote the hobby and several businesses and club!! just throwin it out there AGAIN... lets set things in motion[img][/img]
Rick
Yes, this is a great idea. We'll do it for the Aug 10,11 race. I have some MAS epoxy that I can donate as well if needed. I think a thunderboat would be the most appealing and economical?? Now is the time for Rick to start building. Come spring time he will have other priorities....
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: tdrock357

Hi, New Guy here and am putting together a easy -vee , got most of what I need ,going to paint in a day or two.I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice for a motor,I ve been doing a little research?
Hi td... welcome aboard!!
I purchased a x-force from joe @zippkits (use blackouts link..) the price is right.. the zenoah is more expensive,however the x-force not allowed in the thunderboats for races... not sure about mono class or if you plan to race... these guys are very helpful from Stoney Pond Boat Club... been great to me getting back into hobby after 10yrs out(been flying till i found some crazt boaters...lol) dont be shy ask questions and if you like message tom about meeting in jan. (gassertom).. welcoming new members and will guarantee you wont find a nicer group and place to run around here... meeting in henriatta so may be a cruse from geveva, but i am sure craig or i or someone from this area would be happy to carpool!!! keep in touch cause this club is going places!!!
RICK P.

The X-Force is legal in Gas Mono in stock or modified form. Go for it.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 AM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Hi, New Guy here and am putting together a easy -vee , got most of what I need ,going to paint in a day or two.I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice for a motor,I ve been doing a little research?
Hi td... welcome aboard!!
I purchased a x-force from joe @zippkits (use blackouts link..) the price is right.. the zenoah is more expensive,however the x-force not allowed in the thunderboats for races... not sure about mono class or if you plan to race... these guys are very helpful from Stoney Pond Boat Club... been great to me getting back into hobby after 10yrs out(been flying till i found some crazt boaters...lol) dont be shy ask questions and if you like message tom about meeting in jan. (gassertom).. welcoming new members and will guarantee you wont find a nicer group and place to run around here... meeting in henriatta so may be a cruse from geveva, but i am sure craig or i or someone from this area would be happy to carpool!!! keep in touch cause this club is going places!!!
RICK P.

The X-Force is legal in Gas Mono in stock or modified form. Go for it.
thats good to know bill thanks..
Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 AM
advanced builder

What about gas sport hydro ? any restrictions
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Only 27cc's is the restriction. I think thunderboat is the only IMPBA class that needs a stock Zenoah. There might be some proposed classes though.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 AM
engineman351

tdrock...To add to Billk44's comment...There is a thread on Jim's boat dock on the Rev Unlimited engine that drags the X-Force into the discussion. Take what is in these back and forth threads with a grain of salt. I liked the post from WHH's Tony Castronovo (pg13). He's an upfront guy and what he produces is good quality. At the price you can't go wrong. If you are just getting your feet wet (so to speak) putting a stock X-Force (avail from Zipp Kits) in the EV is a great way to go. RC ( http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?t=66705)
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Only 27cc's is the restriction. I think thunderboat is the only IMPBA class that needs a stock Zenoah. There might be some proposed classes though.
27cc's motors but no QD and similar motors. You can mod Zen's and RCMK's, etc. I would love to run my QD but it would result in protests.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Canadian LoCo

Hello Neil like some of them said 27cc max to be able to run in the LSG27 class
but you can put whatever size engine like QD if you wish to only run the hydro in the open Hydro class.

here this is from the rules
The intent of the Hull and Class designation is to set standards and guidelines for the LSG classes. The
following classes shall be recognized as the official hull/class standards. The Hydro, Catamaran, Mono,
Sport Hydro will run in LSG27 or LSG36.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Hello Neil like some of them said 27cc max to be able to run in the LSG27 class
but you can put whatever size engine like QD if you wish to only run the hydro in the open Hydro class.

here this is from the rules
The intent of the Hull and Class designation is to set standards and guidelines for the LSG classes. The
following classes shall be recognized as the official hull/class standards. The Hydro, Catamaran, Mono,
Sport Hydro will run in LSG27 or LSG36.
Luc,
So can we now run billet / head button type motors in non open classes? I know about the open classes.
Bill
Old 12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Canadian LoCo

No it's still the same rules Bill as for the LSG27 classes as per IMPBA's rule book
nothing as changed.
you can only run all the other types in Open
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Blackout

I had forgotten about the Quick Draw not being allowed because of it's head design. So, for the NY series, the only class a Quick Draw can run in is open mono or open rigger?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Canadian LoCo

Open Cat Open Hydro just in OPEN lol
Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Canadian LoCo

OK GUYS WAIT A MINUTE ABOUT THE LSG27 CLASS SEEMED THEY HAVE
CHANGED THE RULE FROM TAKING A GOOD LOOK AT IT ON THE NEW 2012 RULES FROM THE IMPBA SITE
THE QD'S MAYBE LEAGAL

I have sent an e-mail to the IMPBA gas director to see if they are or not legal
or they have done a miss print of the rules.

I know that the old rule in the old rule book says they are not legal
so let's wait and see what I get back from IMPBA.

Regards
Luc
Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Billk44

This is directly from the rulebook:

General Engine Rules for the IMPBA Large Scale Gasoline Engine Classes
LSG27 Up to 1.647 cid maximum (27.0 cc maximum)
The gasoline LSG engine classes shall be divided into two classes, distinguished by maximum displacement.
LSG27
ô€€€ Maximum displacement will not exceed 27.0 cc.
ô€€€ All engines must have a canister muffler, tuned pipe, or custom exhaust that meets the
current IMPBA db levels (as per section K-4 of the IMPBA Technical Standards).
ô€€€ All 2 cycle engines must be naturally aspirated.
ô€€€ All 4 cycle engines must be naturally aspirated.
ô€€€ Internal and external modifications may be made to the engines major and minor
components.
ô€€€ Single piece cylinders or cylinders with removable head buttons are allowed.
ô€€€ Major and minor parts from secondary manufacturers may be used.
ô€€€ The engine must use spark ignition. No glow plug or compression induced combustion
allowed.
ô€€€ Each engine must have a working throttle control and the engine must be set up to be
Completely stopped with the transmitter controls.
ô€€€ Any size or brand name carburetor may be used.
ô€€€ Pull start or belt/pulley start are acceptable methods of starting the engine.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Billk44

This is directly from the rulebook:

General Engine Rules for the IMPBA Large Scale Gasoline Engine Classes
LSG27 Up to 1.647 cid maximum (27.0 cc maximum)
The gasoline LSG engine classes shall be divided into two classes, distinguished by maximum displacement.
LSG27
ô€€€ Maximum displacement will not exceed 27.0 cc.
ô€€€ All engines must have a canister muffler, tuned pipe, or custom exhaust that meets the
current IMPBA db levels (as per section K-4 of the IMPBA Technical Standards).
ô€€€ All 2 cycle engines must be naturally aspirated.
ô€€€ All 4 cycle engines must be naturally aspirated.
ô€€€ Internal and external modifications may be made to the engines major and minor
components.
ô€€€ Single piece cylinders or cylinders with removable head buttons are allowed.
ô€€€ Major and minor parts from secondary manufacturers may be used.
ô€€€ The engine must use spark ignition. No glow plug or compression induced combustion
allowed.
ô€€€ Each engine must have a working throttle control and the engine must be set up to be
Completely stopped with the transmitter controls.
ô€€€ Any size or brand name carburetor may be used.
ô€€€ Pull start or belt/pulley start are acceptable methods of starting the engine.
Sounds like QD's are now allowed.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 AM
tdrock357

Hey ,
Thanks for the welcome,I`mgoing to have more questions that for sure.Thanksagainalso toJoe ,I was thinking about checking out one of Gizmomotorsengines,how`s it to do buiseness them?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Blackout

Hey ,
Thanks for the welcome,I`m going to have more questions that for sure.Thanks again also to Joe ,I was thinking about checking out one of Gizmomotors engines,how`s it to do buiseness them?
I bought my K30 from them as they are the US distributor for RCMK. Everything went fine.

The big blocks (over 27cc's) are tempting, but if you plan to race locally, and you want to run gas mono, in theory you need a 27cc or less engine. Sooner or later this rule could change locally. I know some local clubs allow up to 36cc for their gas classes. Locally, there are not enough boats to hold both a LSG27 and LSG36 class. I ran my 30cc gas mono in open mono and that worked out fine too. So, either way, you will have a class.

Looking forward to meeting you come spring time. You are close by and I drive through Geneva to get to the Elmira races, so you are in a good spot for IMPBA racing. Head north on I-81 and there is a big race in Ottawa at the end of the summer. Last year there were class boat counts up to 16!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM
tdrock357

Hey guy`s
Thnks for the info ,did`nt know,learning all the time.So one of Gizmomotors 26.4 pro race mod`s would be enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.