Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Nuance

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 PM
snowman44
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nuance

I now have over 100 filghts on the Prolog and I just love the way this airplane feels in the air.
I was able to fly Daves Nuance probably 20-30 flights while getting the Prolog ready to go. I like the way the Prolog tracks without the need for fences but the Nuance definately has the upper hand in the rolling department.
If this canopy upgrade improves the roll on the Prolog that would be great but if not, I still think the Prolog rolls just fine and I like the look of the new canopy. Either way I win !!

Would the wing position on the Prolog vs the Nuance, have anything to do with needing or not needing fences?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MTK

ORIGINAL: TonyF

I also agree with you, Mike. What is really great is that with the Prolog, Nuance and Episode you can get such great designs with excellent quality for such a good price.
Fellas,
Sounds to me like it's a common fuse with different wings. Why buy 3 "different" planes? Why not just get the wings or (God forbid) build your own wings? Or even better, build wings to fit your own design? The wing tube is really elementary to move to alocation of your own choosing....

One of the fellas at the club field has a nuance and I was surprised to see a composite fuse offering. I thought these were balsa and ply fuses covered in Wrinkle Kote. Mike, how much for the fuse only, or is that even an option?

And besides, whatever happened to Gee Whiz I, Gee Whiz II....etc.
Matt we have no plans to offer fuses only. It just gets tooexpensive to handle all the options. It's really bad when we have to sit on stuff that we over bought. We've been burned in the past with some ARC's and kitswhen we anticipated a higher demand. Trust me when I tell you this. The margin is not there to appease everyone. We're trying as hard as we can to be one stop shopping and fully stocked but unlesswe win the lotto were stuck with limits.
The real problem with moving a wing tube on thecomposite fuses on the BJ Craft planes is the way the tubes are attached to a former. It makes taking it out a nightmare since it's all part of the integral structure.
Todd Schmidtis the source for nicely made light fuses that people can get without wings and do their own thing. I did it last year. FWIW it was not cheaper to do this. The modern day arf's have proven to be a value vs: building in most cases.
Russell I would suspect that it has a lot to do with itbut hey I'm not sure of anything. I just know what I like and that's good enough for me.
Thanks,Mike
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM
snowman44

Mike,
I think you guys are doing a fantastic job with the products that you have brought in and made available to us. I know first hand what a pain it can be to deal with overseas shipments and customs, not to mention the potential shipping damage that can occur in the process. It is all very time consuming and not as profitable as one might think. 
It's really cool to see that we may have some very nice ARC's available to us in the near future from BJ Craft. I know finishing a model out isn't for everyone, and I realize the RTF's are a lot quicker, but for me personally, it has always been a fun part of the hobby.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: mups53

Posted this on the Prolog thread but wanted to share it here because they are so closely related...

Guys after thinking about this for a bit I thought the Prolog could use a minor facelift. We tested the new canopy on our Prolog Version 2 today. The new canopy that we got this week from the factory looks and works great. The only difference Brandon and I could tell is the plane rolls even better now. It rolls like the Nuance but has the soild stable feel that I've grown to love on the Prolog.
It'll be a while but we plan on bringing the Prolog V2 to market with a modified paint scheme in the not too distant future.
We are looking into making the canopy's available as a refofit for those who would like to do this upgrade.
Thanks, Mike Mueller
Looks AWESOME. I did not like the look of that airplane with the old canopy, but now it looks pretty attractive to me.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM
MTK

ORIGINAL: mups53
Matt we have no plans to offer fuses only. It just gets tooexpensive to handle all the options. It's really bad when we have to sit on stuff that we over bought. We've been burned in the past with some ARC's and kitswhen we anticipated a higher demand. Trust me when I tell you this. The margin is not there to appease everyone.

Todd Schmidtis the source for nicely made light fuses that people can get without wings and do their own thing.

Thanks,Mike
You're quite right! Any business operating at slim margin will not operate long. I love Pattern and myallegiance is set on the health of the sport. So any one that does what Chris Moon has done (and Central and a couple others before Chris) is awright in my book....

I emailed Schmidt once or twice, comparing notes so to speak, while I was preparing my fuse mold. He's a good guy too, agreed!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 AM
serious power

Hi Mike,
Can you tell us what the wing area and tail area, if possible, for each of the 3 models from BJ Park are.
For the episode I'm asking about the double taper wing.

Brian
Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
mups53

Brain honestly I have no idea. I'll see if someone else knows. Mike
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 AM
mups53

ORIGINAL: snowman44

Mike,
I think you guys are doing a fantastic job with the products that you have brought in and made available to us. I know first hand what a pain it can be to deal with overseas shipments and customs, not to mention the potential shipping damage that can occur in the process. It is all very time consuming and not as profitable as one might think.
It's really cool to see that we may have some very nice ARC's available to us in the near future from BJ Craft. I know finishing a model out isn't for everyone, and I realize the RTF's are a lot quicker, but for me personally, it has always been a fun part of the hobby.

Thanks guys we're trying.Sometimes stuff happens out of our control.
We're having fun doing the stuff but as Russell stated and truely knows it's like running around with a loaded gun pointed at you all the time. I've been in this sport for 52 years now and I've never lost my passion for it. It's a huge part of what makes me tick. I consider myself a great candidate for the cover shot on Addicted magazine. Mike
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM
bondtasha

brian,

I have all three BJ planes in stock so will be able to measure the areas and post here over the next day or

Just happen to have an Episode Canalizer on the side so to get you started that is 1120 sq.cm

Chris

Old 11-15-2012, 11:05 AM
serious power

Chris,
Thanks.
The panel areas will do - never mind the invisible bit in the fuz - they are all the same anyway.

Brian
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 AM
bondtasha

Here you go Not that easy with the episode No doubt someone will check this but should give you an idea

Wing

Prolog 5848

Nuance 5984

Episode 5835

Akiba Fantasista just teasing the next BJ model
Tail

Prolog 1360

Nuance 1360

Episode 1297

Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM
shannah

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I fitted the DTFS wings to the Nuance. They mated up perfectly. I'll post some side by side impressions when I get a chance to fly it. I'll fly it without putting any stab fences etc. I don't have fences on my Nuance currently so I'll fly it with just changing the wings.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Bubblehead575

I just ordered my Nuance on Sunday and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I think you guys are doing a great job, given everything that has been going on, the service has been fab.

Thanks.

I have spent a lot of time this week reading this tread to pick up a lot of tips and what to look out for. The more I read the more excited I get about this plane.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:01 PM
adrielmesias

Hi everyone,

Can any of you describe how this plane compares to the Oxai Axiome in terms of flight characteristics? I'm in the lookout to buy a new plane right now, and I just wanna make sure I take the best option.

Best Regards,
Adriel Mesias
INA 0975
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

The Nuance is fully capable. As is the Episode. The Episode even has a similar look.

Arch
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the Nuance is a nice plane and very pretty, but the Axiome has been copied by too many, Arixtra, Mythos, Episode, etc, that has to be for a good reason, and there are some of the top pilots flying the Axiome when they have their own designs, the Nuance it is more accessible price wise, but not that much, I remember Oxai sold two Axiomes for under 3000 euros or dollars, can't remember. Unless a pilot is at a high level of proficiency, most if not all the available 2M planes are equally good, and the Nuance will be an excellent choice.

regards
Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Bubblehead575

Ok Guys, pattern rookie here, When lamanating CF sheet to aply motor mount what type of adhisive do you use. The few times I have used CF for added strength I used standard 30min epoxy.

Thanks in Advance
Bill

Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 PM
underdw
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Epoxy finishing resin- it's thinner. I have also thinned std epoxy with alcohol.
Did your plane arrive already?
Firewall template is in the mail.
Dan
Old 12-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Bubblehead575

Got it Friday. Both the plane and your template. I have some FR4 and CF cloth coming hope it gets here today. Was planning on doing a Ply and CF Firewall as I have the ply and it seems a common solution. Looking for Ideas on the radio tray next.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 AM
ematech

Hi all I used the F3A unlimited battery tray as I thought the one with the kit was a little weak. here is a picture, as for a radio tray the fuse is empty other than the speed control and RX . I attached my RX to the side of the fuse with velcro and my rx battery is mounted under the battery tray. Good luck with your plane!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65850.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1830219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17993.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1830220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52560.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1830221  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Some pics of my new Nuance. I went with DEPS on the elevators and pull pull on the rudder. The New light version of the Falcon prop, and a tru turn aluminum spinner. 4595 grams.

I really liked the DTFS wings. Rolls seem more crisp, more controllable, and obviously faster in the snaps. I have to get more flights on it to know more about it. I flew 2 flights before taking it to the district championship. Flew probably 15 flights there. Flew great with no setup on the plane, no mixing in it and little flight time.

I put it together quickly, still need to finish the fillets on the elevator push rod exits and paint them. But gives an idea of what can be done and roughly where as an option.

Chris

Name:	Fd91176.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1831005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15804.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1831006  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 PM
patternflyer1

Some more..

Name:	Jh14949.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1831007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94472.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1831008  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:14 PM
patternflyer1

More...

Name:	Us52604.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1831009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30909.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1831010  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 PM
patternflyer1

Couple of the airframe that I think Jarvis took.

Notice the difference in the stab tips also... I like the look of these tips. Not sure what they do.. lol

And Tony and I checked mine vs his and they did move the wing on this plane which came with the DTFS wings and stab.

Chris

Name:	Ki20047.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	1831011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90498.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1831012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38791.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	1831013  
Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
ram_z

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: patternflyer1

Some pics of my new Nuance. I went with DEPS on the elevators and pull pull on the rudder. The New light version of the Falcon prop, and a tru turn aluminum spinner. 4595 grams.

I really liked the DTFS wings. Rolls seem more crisp, more controllable, and obviously faster in the snaps. I have to get more flights on it to know more about it. I flew 2 flights before taking it to the district championship. Flew probably 15 flights there. Flew great with no setup on the plane, no mixing in it and little flight time.

I put it together quickly, still need to finish the fillets on the elevator push rod exits and paint them. But gives an idea of what can be done and roughly where as an option.

Chris
Hi Chris,
Hi Chris,

I hope I'm wrong, but from the photo of the servos installation it seems that the MK linkage on the pull pull system is installed in a wrong way...
It should be installed inverted so the plastic part can't jump out from the bearing.

4595g Is very light! Which battery do you use for power?

Ram

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.