Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tiger 1 view perspectives

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tiger 1 view perspectives

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:32 PM
reyemmanuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiger 1 view perspectives

Halo every1,
Has anyone here had actual up-close encounter with the Tiger 1? I was hoping to get a near-representative view angle of such experience.
I've taken videos at various perspectives of my Tiger 1 (for rebuild and repaint) and hopes to achieve near-scale movement and view angle of the real one.
Enjoy and don't forget to watch at 1080p.
Ground Perspective
Turret Perspective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmBDgIagukQ
Future plan:
Servo-mount a Sony HDR AS-15 at the commander's hatch and use it for FPV driving-shooting, harnessing it's near-realtime Wifi video output to an Ipad.
cheers,
Rey

Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tiger 1 view perspectives

Yup....I have been very lucky. Here is a video. More to come. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W50_...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 PM
tigrotto1a6

By reading the camera specs it doesn't seem to send real time video to the wifi, only already recorded ones, is there a way to do it real time?

It is a nice camera with a good vibration reduction, if it can send video via wifi in real time it could be very interesting.

BBut, for FPV battles I think is bit BIG.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:00 AM
tigrotto1a6

Search for bovington tiger, you will find more videos of the only tiger I still running, some are from people really near to the tank, This will give you the excact camera position, however a normal tall man the head can reach the roof level of the hull, so also the eyes and the camera.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:03 AM
tigrotto1a6

As a scale reference: the tiger wheels are 80cm of diameter in 1:1 scale, double it and you will have 1.6 meters, add a bit more and you will reach a scale human height.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:20 AM
reyemmanuel

Hi thecommander, thanks for sharing. I could imagine you guys were very happy tankers indeed .

Amazingly, you got both Leo and Tiger.

Hmm, makes me paint over my Tiger with TS-46 such the greenish stripes be overlain with light sand, like the Bovington T1. I've also got a Leo 1a4 for rebuild early next year.The Leo engine sound is really amazing, perhaps the best amongst tanks!

Makes my head spin now as I'm still deciding on either getting (a) DMD-06 and MF-03 to get engine revs, (b) Dan's Benedini Leo sounds to mate with my spare Clark TK20ET1, or wait for Clarks TK20E leo.

cheers,
Rey
Old 12-15-2012, 02:43 AM
reyemmanuel

Hi tigrotto1a6,

Thanks for the response. It does look like with shots I took with the Go Pro Hero2 on its stand that it seems that the camera level corresponds to cameraman in crouch position. Here, time stamp 1:20 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju-On...l4EEGw&index=3

Go Pro Hero 2 with the wifi bacpac is useless for FPV with about 3 secs lag time. I just would use this for recording, not for FPV.

Sony HDR AS15 however, has fast response rate making FPV for tanks possible using Apple/Android devices. It is just slightly bigger than the TBU. Mount it on a servo for panning, and could be a multipurpose camera (outdoor adventure and rc tank fpv battling)
Check the video feedback rate here for the Sony AS15 at time stamp 1:21.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErO_WSgKm2o

cheers,
Rey

Old 12-15-2012, 05:55 AM
tigrotto1a6

Very nice camera, but time delay is not a very good thing for fpv. However the sony camera has a very short time delay.

Check this:

http://wirc.dension.com/

By smartphone or tablet you can drive a lot of servos and up to 2 cameras using wifi.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 AM
reyemmanuel

Yes, go pro takes nice footage but the wifi liveview is horrible. I might have to sell my useless go pro for a Sony HDR AS15. I had purchased the former in anticipation for its wifi bac pac, which turned out much of a marketing hype.

The latter, however, affords both for RC FPV and outdoor adventure. As shown in this review time stamp 8:55https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATpNV_4v9CI, the user can switch between liveview and or livestream with recording. Pretty nice is it? I would envision future rc tank battle be FPV based, be it IR or visual via camera (umpired/refereed). Apparently, flyers have started to adopt this camera for FPV.

I had checked denison and the lag time as shown here is not as good as Sony's AS15: time stamp 1:31 shows the denison wifi laghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myHoHxX0qXM.

cheers,
Rey
Old 12-15-2012, 06:43 AM
tigrotto1a6

Yes, it is very good and for ground fpv is more than sufficient. For flyers is good only for quadcopters because of the wifi range limits.

I hope the price will ower a bit soon so I will buy it plus a compatible device.

However, in the meantime I use my analog FPV system with already good results.

Thanks for pointing me to a good wifi camera

Old 12-23-2012, 03:14 AM
siam

Hello sir,
FPV concept is nice and close to real life too. By the way I think that having 2 cameras on 1 tank is a proper idea...let's think about
1st. camera with servo on a driver hatch. and the 2nd. one (also with servo)just on the turret co-in line with the barrel.

Cheers,
Samattapol