Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

West Coast Customs Monster Energy 69 Camaro LE

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Rac3rX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Coast Customs Monster Energy 69 Camaro LE

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	4243
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	2235823

I just picked up this bad boy. Its a "Rare" unreleased Traxxas Rally/Boss 302 edition that was made for Monster Energy Distributors and not meant to be sold to the public. Its modelled after a car West Coast Customs built for the lead singer of KORN. As time has gone by and the economy is in the crapper, many of them have found their way on to ebay. I bought mine for a very reasonable price directly from a ME Distributor, new in box never run. Its quite possibly the rarest Traxxas 1/16 edition ever released.

I'm going to build this up as a show car, hate me if you want I got other RCs to run, this one will be all about the Show.

Name:	GOPR0640_1_zps8976853a.jpg
Views:	3135
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	2235824

Name:	GOPR0619_1_zpsca27ab18.jpg
Views:	2435
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	2235825

Name:	GOPR0643_1_zpse5317d3f.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	2235826

Name:	GOPR0639_1_zpseffd0436.jpg
Views:	2549
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	2235827

Name:	GOPR0616_1_zpseca401e8.jpg
Views:	2651
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	2235828

Name:	GOPR0617_1_zpsb04bfcc8.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	2235829

Name:	GOPR0615_1_zps28c9bf43.jpg
Views:	3943
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	2235830

Name:	GOPR0636_1_zps467d73fa.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	2235831

Definitely a fine looking RC, Rare, and a lil naughty cause I'm not really supposed to have it.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:29 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: West Coast Customs Monster Energy 69 Camaro LE

If its so rare why would you "build it up"? Just leave it stock and put it on a self. Anything rare is worth more if it is "unmolested". Also a BOSS 302 was a Mustang not a Camaro. I'm not sure why someone would take a special edition Ford concept and apply it to a Chevy car.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Rac3rX

ORIGINAL: yakfish

If its so rare why would you ''build it up''? Just leave it stock and put it on a self. Anything rare is worth more if it is ''unmolested''. Also a BOSS 302 was a Mustang not a Camaro. I'm not sure why someone would take a special edition Ford concept and apply it to a Chevy car.
Everybody is different, but for me, The Rarity of this Kit is the Body, wheels are obtainable, but the body is not, ohh and Box with Manual lol. Underneath is a Brushed Rally/Boss 302 (Hence the reference to "Boss 302" lol), the released kits are not Camaro's ) Closest to a Ken Block I guess with the green tie rods, but that's besides the point. It is what it is, a Rally/Boss 302 with a Camaro lid

I like customizing and hopping up RC's, its my thing To me in my humble opinion, starting off a Project Car using the Rarest Edition of the platform as a Base is different then the average build. I don't care about monetary value, the value to me is the Kit, and what I can build it into. I just don't intend on driving it. I have a MERV, and a Boss 302 lol with a Proline Camaro Lid lmao, with 7 other RC's...

Ford Concept applied to a Chevy?

Not sure what your talking about. This is an RC Based off a West Coast Customs Monster Energy 69 Camaro built for the lead singer of KORN. Monster Energy has had MANY cars of various makes built for them over the years, there is no Ford done like this.

Although Monster Energy has had a few come out using Jet Black and green trim to say this Camaro is a Copy of any other ME Built car is laughable, what do you expect, its a ME Built car lol.

The Concept you speak of I believe is the Ford Mustang RTR-X Surprise surprise a ME Car built for the ME Driver, lol

that if you want to say something is copied and applied, it would be the Monster Energy paint scheme on a Mustang RTR-X as you can see, ME been using this flavour on MANY of the cars they have had built.

So Thanks for the contribution to the thread, you've added so much..

Don't mean to sound harsh, but you come in here asking for it...
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Rac3rX

ORIGINAL: yakfish

If its so rare why would you ''build it up''? Just leave it stock and put it on a self. Anything rare is worth more if it is ''unmolested''. Also a BOSS 302 was a Mustang not a Camaro. I'm not sure why someone would take a special edition Ford concept and apply it to a Chevy car.
Everybody is different, but for me, The Rarity of this Kit is the Body, wheels are obtainable, but the body is not, ohh and Box with Manual lol. Underneath is a Brushed Rally/Boss 302 (Hence the reference to ''Boss 302'' lol), the released kits are not Camaro's ) Closest to a Ken Block I guess with the green tie rods, but that's besides the point. It is what it is, a Rally/Boss 302 with a Camaro lid

I like customizing and hopping up RC's, its my thing To me in my humble opinion, starting off a Project Car using the Rarest Edition of the platform as a Base is different then the average build. I don't care about monetary value, the value to me is the Kit, and what I can build it into. I just don't intend on driving it. I have a MERV, and a Boss 302 lol with a Proline Camaro Lid lmao, with 7 other RC's...

Ford Concept applied to a Chevy?

Not sure what your talking about. This is an RC Based off a West Coast Customs Monster Energy 69 Camaro built for the lead singer of KORN. Monster Energy has had MANY cars of various makes built for them over the years, there is no Ford done like this.

Although Monster Energy has had a few come out using Jet Black and green trim to say this Camaro is a Copy of any other ME Built car is laughable, what do you expect, its a ME Built car lol.

The Concept you speak of I believe is the Ford Mustang RTR-X

that if you want to say something is copied and applied, it would be the Monster Energy paint scheme on a Mustang RTR-X as you can see, ME been using this flavour on MANY of the cars they have had built.

So Thanks for the contribution to the thread, you've added so much..

Don't mean to sound harsh, but you come in here asking for it...

I think he just meant he wondered why traxxas would reference to a ford while using a chevy body I dont think he meant anything personal. Cool car though
Old 12-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Rac3rX

I think he's confused, lotta post get up like that where they need to chill out and not feel forced to inform the informed. Its all good though.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rac3rX

I think he's confused, lotta post get up like that where they need to chill out and not feel forced to inform the informed. Its all good though.

LOL!