Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Roger was the first to reply as to the hull. Rick bd has the decals coming. If you really want it you can wheel & deal with Roger. 1/8 scale hydro was big before gas. the .67 was king. fuel cost and plug cost made the hull obsolete. And one hit and she's in the shop for months.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:57 PM
lynnb
My Feedback: (1)

Neil please put me down for a case of 40% fuel, thank you for arranging the fuel order for us.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:01 PM
lynnb

Craig, I would like to attend the meeting on 1/6 if there's enough room. I have run many RC events and I think could help. Let me know.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: lynnb

Craig, I would like to attend the meeting on 1/6 if there's enough room. I have run many RC events and I think could help. Let me know.
Sure, sounds good.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:13 PM
lynnb

Roger and Rick, I to am interested in Neil's 1/8 scale hydro. After seeing bdog1's run I am hooked on that style boat, I have a line on an engine as well. Being new to the boating hobby that style boat really catches my interest. Thanks
Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good day EH? I have a couple questions for the "PROS".. should the rudder and strut leading edge be sharpened like the turn fin??? also....Is there supposed to be a gasket between exh. man. and header for pipe?? its water cooled zippkit header-pipe setup, i only got one gasket that i assume is for the carb to intake man..... the 2 o-rings i figured out I think.. bigger dia. one outside pipe in coupler and smaller dia. one between pipe flange and water cooled exh. header...??? but a straight mount for the header to exhaust manifold... no gasket??? not sure.I may have gotten a rt. side rudder because the horn for pushrod is on the outside of rudder,I made the pushrod go between pipe outlet and rudder, it seems to work,is it ok?? next, blue threadlock on all metal to metal bolts etc.for final assy.?? I assume not on plastic carb intake manifold bolts...? things are a bit different on planes and i just wanted to check these things out.Had everythind assembled today(fun putting engine with carb. and exhaust flange assy on in boat) then back apart for sealing holes i drilled and radio box plus glued box in place.. the plans are not kidding when it says throttle linkage in a "tight spot"...... next i get to put it all back together!!! yippie any hints or info on this stuff appreciated.
Rick
Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Joe Petro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick,

Yes, use a gasket between the water cooled flange and engine.
O-ring order does not matter. Use oil to lube.
To get the rudder arm on the other side, flip it over and drill the small hole larger.

I don't use any loctite. Everything uses either lock nuts or lock washers...

Joe
Old 12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Rick,

To get the rudder arm on the other side, flip it over and drill the small hole larger.

Joe
Thanks Joe... did i put the gasket in wrong place or lose one?? my afterthought was i might not need one on plastic carb mount...??and with rudder do i use same breakaway brass bolt or will that have to be bigger too?? plus the kit comes with a pipe mount and hardware pkg has a base... looks nicer, just use that and bolt to bulkhead?? thanks
Rick

Old 12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
advanced builder

Neil please put me down for a case of 40% fuel, thank you for arranging the fuel order for us.
You got it . I case of 40 %
Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Joe Petro

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

Rick,

Joe
Thanks Joe... did i put the gasket in wrong place or lose one?? my afterthought was i might not need one on plastic carb mount...??and with rudder do i use same breakaway brass bolt or will that have to be bigger too?? plus the kit comes with a pipe mount and hardware pkg has a base... looks nicer, just use that and bolt to bulkhead?? thanks
Rick

If you didn't get an exhaust gasket, I will send you one.

For the Bullitt, use the 1/4 inch ply pipe mount and part of the aluminum pipe mount set like we show in the instructions.
Also, use the aluminum spacer that we supply with the pipe mount. The rubber one will overheat inside the boat...
Use a 6-32 bolt in place of the smaller one in the rudder. Use nylon, aluminum or brass if you want a shear bolt.

Joe
Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
advanced builder

Roger and Rick, I to am interested in Neil's 1/8 scale hydro. After seeing bdog1's run I am hooked on that style boat, I have a line on an engine as well. Being new to the boating hobby that style boat really catches my interest. Thanks
You can still get a kit and build one. Dumas made the Atlas Van Lines Miller America ,Circus Circus ,like so http://www.dumasproducts.com/product...roducts_id=249
Or http://www.blazermarine.com/index.ph...uct_detail&p=3
or http://www.ml-boatworks.com/Page.asp...-boatworks.com
I may have misses one or 2 sites. Dumas has the worst plywood to work with. The blaze hull has many pieces the other I know nothing about.
The Price of the Dumas Hull jumped right out at me,the hull cost $225 long ago.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Joe Petro

We are gonna have to raise our prices!

A Thunderboat wood kit for $210 plus $90 for cowling plus $50 for turn fin= $350.00

A gas scale frame kit for $160 plus the sheeting (make your own) plus cowling plus fin= $hundreds more...

Our most expensive Gas Thunderboat kit is $199 and includes a cowling, turn fin and all CNC cut wood...

Wow!

Joe
Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 PM
parshallboatworks

Rick,

Joe
Rick

If you didn't get an exhaust gasket, I will send you one.

For the Bullitt, use the 1/4 inch ply pipe mount and part of the aluminum pipe mount set like we show in the instructions.
Also, use the aluminum spacer that we supply with the pipe mount. The rubber one will overheat inside the boat...
Use a 6-32 bolt in place of the smaller one in the rudder. Use nylon, aluminum or brass if you want a shear bolt.

Joe
Joe,
didnt see a second gasket. I had the pipe and fancy tailpipe extension and rear exit all set up for a dry run,and radio set up before i sealed radio box and glued in... Just down to finishing touches now!! I will switch around rudder and drill bigger hole as it will probably work better on inside rather than outside.. just a small hole,easy to patch.. I am guessing the long 5/16" piece will be shipped (or was) shipped with the kits that are on thier way?? Or wasnt that part of the combo? this is the one for drive line.
I "borrowed the one out of propcircles A BOX kit that i am building for him....ssssshhhh LOL... if not included let me know and i will order one.Thanks again,
Rick

Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 AM
klinker19

Joe
Answered my question before I asked it... I was working on this onFriday night. I didn't think about the rubber getting hot, good point. I hate to not use the foot portion of the pipe mount, it's a trick bit of billet!

TC
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 AM
klinker19

fun putting engine with carb. and exhaust flange assy on in boat
Yeah I told you these things are like Rubik's Cubes! Wait until you get to take the pipe off/on with the motor still in the boat... we were looking at this over the weekend, might not even be possible as the whole exhaust is under the deck on this hull...

TC
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 AM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: klinker19

fun putting engine with carb. and exhaust flange assy on in boat
Yeah I told you these things are like Rubik's Cubes! Wait until you get to take the pipe off/on with the motor still in the boat... we were looking at this over the weekend, might not even be possible as the whole exhaust is under the deck on this hull...

TC
actually the exhaust flange sileds into pipe enough to sneak it in-out with engine in place!! sure makes it hard to reach motor mounts and throttle linkage is buried... I am about ready to run!!!hows yours going K-19???
P.S. if you cut the alumn. tailpipe piece the right length it will slip in and out with engine and header in hull... took some experimenting but it will... had the engine in and out about a dozen times till i got it right..luckily the tailpiece fits nicely over the pipe and you gain the whole length of the pipe end to slide...
Rick
Old 12-17-2012, 01:00 PM
parshallboatworks

Getting there... have to finish sharpening turn fin... and install exh. gasket... plus reciever and battery,oh and a prop might help!
oops.. was kind of hoping for pics.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 PM
engineman351

Rick...the build looks great! Is that a carbon rod for the rudder...or just a Sullivan tube and some 4-40 rod?? Roger
Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Rick...the build looks great! Is that a carbon rod for the rudder...or just a Sullivan tube and some 4-40 rod?? Roger
Its 2 pieces of 4/40 pushrod and a carbon fiber tube Roger..thanks for the compliment!!!
Rick

Old 12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Blackout

Rick, looks fantastic!

Sounds like Neil has a hot item, the 1/8 scale, I say the highest bidder gets it.

I've been building a sound barrier on the corner closest to the nearest neigbhor with extra dirt. Yes, we have a lot of extra dirt. It should work pretty good. The Kubata with loader was money well spent. I'm almost to 150 hours. Mostly work on the pond, but also snow plowing and hauling firewood.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
advanced builder

looks like wet weather. Then winter coming in, so you better hurry. REALLY NICE HULL Rick
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Rick, looks fantastic!

Sounds like Neil has a hot item, the 1/8 scale, I say the highest bidder gets it.

I've been building a sound barrier on the corner closest to the nearest neigbhor with extra dirt. Yes, we have a lot of extra dirt. It should work pretty good. The Kubata with loader was money well spent. I'm almost to 150 hours. Mostly work on the pond, but also snow plowing and hauling firewood.
Thanks craig!! like the sound barrier too.. LOL.. I will start the bidding for 1/8 scale hydro at 5.00$
Craig you still have any qts. of 50% laying around?? setting both our boys with boats for Christmas and would like to giv em fuel too...Rick

Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Joe Petro

Rick that Bullitt is AWESOME! Holy!
Really nice job!

You can cut those bulkhead tops right off...

Joe
Old 12-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Rick, looks fantastic!

Thanks craig!! like the sound barrier too.. LOL.. I will start the bidding for 1/8 scale hydro at 5.00$
Craig you still have any qts. of 50% laying around?? setting both our boys with boats for Christmas and would like to giv em fuel too[img][/img]...Rick

Yup, I have plenty of 50% in quarts. Let me know when you will be in the area and you can pick them up.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:29 PM
parshallboatworks

Rick that Bullitt is AWESOME! Holy!
Really nice job!

You can cut those bulkhead tops right off...

Joe
Thanks Joe... you like to see your stuff getting the attention it deserves?? I left the bulkhead tops on cause i like the extra suport it gives...She is just about ready!!! going to be in water soon.. then i can post VIDEO rather than pics...
Thanks Neil, it is coming out nice... I have another boat on bench,and 3 more on way!!!
Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.