Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Spektrum Experts help please !!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Spektrum Experts help please !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Xantos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spektrum Experts help please !!

Hi Guys,
I've got my brakes linked to down elevator via a Program Mix 1 on my Spektrum DX18.
I wanted to disable the brakes with gear up so that I dont exhaust my air supply in flight.
There is a Flight Mode availabe IN THE PROGRAM MIX 1 MENU itself so I selected the 2 position and selected my gear Switch A .
Works fine with Gear down Switch A Pos 0(Gear DOWN) but I cant disable the brakes with the Switch A in Position 1 , I could only adjust the expo in Pos 1 (Gear UP) so that the brakes kick in only at the extreme end of the travel.
Is there any other way to do it ?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Colin Gontier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Experts help please !!

I don't have a Dx18 myself but I did have a quick look at the mixes when I set up a model for a customer recently.

Firstly I wouldn't use expo to offset the position that the mix comes in. Within the mix program there is an offset percentage which if you adjust for elevator down will allow the brakes to come in further down the stick travel of the down elevator.

Also If I'm not wrong on the switch selection in the program mix you should be able to highlight each position to turn the mix on or off for that position. I seem to remember there is a black box that signifies that in that position the mix is active.

I'm sure someone who has a radio in front of them will come in with something more definite.

Regards

Colin
Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Experts help please !!

As Colin has already stated, the switch setting at the bottom of the mix has 2 positions
which allows you to activate the mix in either or both of the switch positions. Also,
Unless you have a DX18QQ, you don't have origin mixing which means that when you
mix elevator to your brake control channel that you are mixing the output of the elevator dual rates
and that depending on your dual rate settings you will get different braking behavior.
If that is what you want, then you are all set, if you want to have your mix behave exactly
the same regardless of dual rates / flight mode, you need to get a bit creative in the channel assignment
menu. Since I didn't want the dual rate setting to effect my brakes and since I'm using a 12 channel receiver
I did the following:
1) Enable X-Plus mode so that XPlus1 (channel 11) and XPlus2 (channel 12) are active.
2) In Channel Assignement X-Plus Input Config menu I assigned Ele to X + 8, which I'm NOT using.
3) I then created a mix which mixed X+8 -> Brake control channel and used the Gear Down position to activate the mix.

If you are using an XPlus expander module and are using all 18 channels then you can't get away with this work around.
Hopefully, Origin mixing will be added to the regular DX18 with the next software release but in the mean time, this is
how I worked around the issue on my Boomerang.