Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba T8J, need rechargable battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Tobtech
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba T8J, need rechargable battery

I ordered a Futaba T8J for my son for Christmas and I would like to know the best rechargable battery available for the transmitter. I did some searching online that turned up some vague answers at best. Should I just go with some rechargable AA batteries or is there a Lipo or Life that will work. If the Tx called for 4 AA batteries, it is looking for 6 volts then I am assuming that a Lipo is too much, should I go with a 6.6 volt LiFe?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 AM
plaurence
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba T8J, need rechargable battery

ORIGINAL: Tobtech

I ordered a Futaba T8J for my son for Christmas and I would like to know the best rechargable battery available for the transmitter. I did some searching online that turned up some vague answers at best. Should I just go with some rechargable AA batteries or is there a Lipo or Life that will work. If the Tx called for 4 AA batteries, it is looking for 6 volts then I am assuming that a Lipo is too much, should I go with a 6.6 volt LiFe?

Thanks
Im using Hobbico LiFe. The flat pack fits the Tx. . It holds 6.7 to 6.6 V for quite a while.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
prichiuso

I have found the best batteries for Transmitters and for 4 or 5 cell reciever batteries are the Sanyo Eneloop AA or AAA batteries. The AA batteries are 2000 MAH and the AAA are 800 MAH. They are Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMh) batteries that have an extended shelf life (low self-discharge). Nominal voltage for NiMh batteries is 1.25 V. They will hold 75% of their charge for over 3 months. The also have a great lifespan in use and don't lose any or much capacity with extended use. They can also be easily charged with trickle chargers used for Nickle Cadmium (NiCd) or NiMh batteries, so you can use the wall-wart that comes with the TX. Eneloops can be bought on Amazon at great prices, or if you need solder tabs to build a pack, you can order them from Batteries America or Battery Space on line.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Tobtech
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks this is good information. I think I will either go with the LIFE or the Sanyo Eneloops. I have been reading up on those Sanyo cells and they sound really good.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
forrest gump

Eneloops are fantastic..I use them in the tx and as a 4 pack for the rx(2000mah AA)..charge up and leave till you go flying ..it can be up to a year and they will still be 3/4 charged..enough for a few flights....superb.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 AM
ronwc
My Feedback: (404)

Got mine from here, radio and battery both work great - http://www.hangtimes.com/txpacks.html
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Warbird40
My Feedback: (24)

You got a great tx, im very happy with mine. So far I am using regular Duracells and I am getting about 6-7 weekends worth of flying on them (about 7-8 flights per day). I am on my 3rd set in 4 months with it I will be ordering Eneloops this week, but regular quality AA should serve you good for now.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 AM
falcon_56

+1 on the eneloops
I got a set of 8 third gen (1800) for $24 in Amazon

After a couple of hours of use my 8J still shows 4.9 volts on the first set of 4 batteries.  The other four are in my rx battery holder.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 PM
daviomaron

you can order them from Batteries America or Battery Space on line.