Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

UPS Package Stolen

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

UPS Package Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:20 PM
JWQ500RC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPS Package Stolen

Just an FYI. I had two UPS Packages stolen from my front door today. UPS shows they left them at 4:20PM Ca. Time and I got home at 4:30 and they were gone. I hope whoever took them enjoys the contents. Just some Robart air line and a 1/7 scale pilot, and a couple of other small RC parts.Oh well it won't ruin my Christmas.

Merry Christmas
Jim
Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: UPS Package Stolen

Did you check with your neighbors? This time of year there may be new/temp drivers on and maybe they left it at the wrong house. Had that happen to me twice . Usually they try to hide them on a porch or not leave them out in the open but that's not always the case. Could be the time of year and the sign of the times too. Almost makes you want to have them sent COD or USPS signature required.
Hope you find them !
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 PM
JWQ500RC

Got a call from a person clear across town, he had 1 of my boxes left at his front door package was opened and empty and his package was missing. Seams like we have a UPS theif in town.

Jim
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 PM
DGUY
My Feedback: (9)

UPS driver left a new top flite corsair sitting in the bushes behind the trash can, down by the main rd.. I sent customer service an email it was like oh well the delivery is at the drivers discretion. It didn't get stolen but the wife was just lucky enough to see it out the corner of her eye. when arriving home that night.
Derrick
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 PM
alltumbs

I think I would be waiting for his next run and have a serious talk with him.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: JWQ500RC

Got a call from a person clear across town, he had 1 of my boxes left at his front door package was opened and empty and his package was missing. Seams like we have a UPS theif in town.

Jim
Make sure you file a claim so they can catch that snake! I hate a theif...the only kind I will tolerate is a man or woman snatching some food or clothing because they are starving to death or freezing to death. Although it is still stealing and will need dealing with, it is much more understood as to the desire and intent of the heart to survive.

I remember some years ago, some of our company laptops came up not arriving at their destination . They tracked it down and found a UPS driver was hiding them behind a billboard on the highway and then later returning to get them and I suppose sell them on scambay. At least they got him and we have not had anything like that happen in years.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:58 AM
jbdismukes

As a Neighborhood Watch Coordinator. I recently alerted my captains that this is the time of year when thieves follow delivery trucks to spot, and take advantage of, deliveries made to addresses where no one was home.

Before Direct Deposit, USPS had a real problem with this type of thief around the first of the month when Social Security checks were delivered.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:49 PM
JWQ500RC

We here from time to time about how bad customer service is at Tower. I just want to say Tower has goneabove and beyond to get me a replacement for my stolen package. They are shiiping at there expense next day a replacement order at no charge to me.
TowerHobbies Thank You
Jim
Old 12-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

We here from time to time about how bad customer service is at Tower. I just want to say Tower has gone above and beyond to get me a replacement for my stolen package. They are shiiping at there expense next day a replacement order at no charge to me.
TowerHobbies Thank You
Jim
Very nice!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:12 PM
flyinwalenda

There you go !   That's customer service !
Try and get that from HK or some other suppliers. 
Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe Hobby King will send you a coupon to get some rice... (from the nearest dollar store) if the shipment comes up missing!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Pete Lane
My Feedback: (3)

We here from time to time about how bad customer service is at Tower. I just want to say Tower has goneabove and beyond to get me a replacement for my stolen package. They are shiiping at there expense next day a replacement order at no charge to me.
TowerHobbies Thank You
Jim

Wow....Good Karma Tower. I have one hundred dollars worth of goodies coming from them soon.
Should arrive on the 27th so hopefully these crack heads will be off the scent.
Shame too.....I just watched a vidio of an 8 year old girl taking a big arse box from the victems neighbor on Yahoo.
If that happens to me, I guess its time to send MY 9 year old daughter after her.......LOL.
This season, I took a 2 week vacation after working 8 Xmas seasons in a row. SBOK

Pete
Old 12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
JWQ500RC

Thank You everybody that has chimmed in. I too hope these gentlemen have left the City, State, and Country. We don't need people like that.

Everybody have a very Merry Christmas

Jim

PS If you guys are ever in Central Ca. come fly with us.

Tulare Condors
Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 PM
A6TEXAN

TOWER HOBBY IS #1
GREAT PEOPLE
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Go Tower. They have being #1 for me too
Old 12-20-2012, 08:12 PM
dadragon

Had that happen 3 out of 5 times, my street name had an ave. and a street because it did not cross the main drag,had to go a round about way and that was on both sides of the main drag,like I said one side was avenue and the other was street,ups went nuts.I got all the stuff,a couple of older folk lived there and would bring the packages to me.thank heaven for honesty.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Indiomike

I placed an order with Tower. When it shipped, Tower emailed me the tracking number. Ran it this morning and it showed "out for delivery" so was expecting it today. Nothing had arrived by 6:00pm so I ran the number again and it was still "out for delivery". I've been home since 4:00pm. One more check at 7:30 and the status showed "Delivered at 7:00pm left at front door". Now I know that didn't happen since I was home and can hear when the UPS truck pulls up to my house. They also always ring the doorbell which did not happen.

So... I called UPS, spoke to a customer service person, telling them I didn't have the package they said was delivered to my front door. I was put on "hold" for a few minutes and the CS person came back on and said they had called the driver who works my area. My address ends with XX610. The driver recalled he delivered my package to XX710 by mistake. He was sent back to retrieve it from the wrong address, which he did. I finally got it at about 9:00pm.

The point is that it may be possible your package was delivered to the wrong address by the carrier rather than it being stolen. I'm not saying that is what happened but that it is a possibility. This has happened to me twice before where the driver made a mistake and delivered to a wrong address.

Just saying.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:10 AM
koastrc

Tower, my story is I got my package from Tower. Instead of a ARF air plane it was a box of balsa. I called and before you know it they sent the air plane and told me to keep the balsa. This was a four day deal. Four days after the call I get the plane. The first time in many years I had ever had a problem with Tower. Now I have got to admit they have great customer service. The first time I have ever had to call. To bad that can not be said for other companies in this business.
The OP did get me to thinking. What if the thief had stole the box of balsa and got caught. That is a great thing to go to jail for. I can see the dude in the slammer telling the other inmates, "they got me for a box of wood"
Old 12-21-2012, 03:55 AM
bruceal

I happen to like Ugly Stiks. A couple of times when the planes arrived the little tab that locks the wing to the fuselage was broken. I called Tower and they sent out a new wing each time and told me to keep the wings I had. They never said return them or send a picture to prove it. To me thats great customer service,not to mention that regular shipping gets my stuff to me in three days.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:46 AM
bjbellino
My Feedback: (176)

Tower, order a 7c Futaba radio system/with a free receiver. a few days later got the package and in it was a free receiver and a Hobbico heat gun, no radio. Called Tower and they were very apologetic and said they would get the radio out second day air(their cost) and said go ahead and keep the heat gun, hard to beat their service and super sales. This is great and ever rcer is looking for the biggest bang for our rc dollars, but I find myself going to my LHS less and less. Had another LHS in another close by town and he started having a tower sales book that if you asked him, he would price match them.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:58 AM
ma_mulcahy

A couple was recently arrested in my neck of the woods for following a UPS truck and stealing packages. The police searched their home and found they had a meth lab operating in the garage. I think they will be spending a long time in the BIG HOUSE!

We have an outstanding UPS driver in our area. He always goes over and above. So much so that we have given him our garage code so he can securely drop off packages when we're not home.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:08 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

I just ordered $500 worth of stuff from tower, hope nothing happens.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:24 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I buy a lot of stuff from Tower because we don't have a local Hobby Shop. My experience with them has been excellent.

I live in Oklahoma, way out in the country, and my UPS driver lives in the area. He knows where to deliver anything I order. Plus if I am not home he puts the package on my back porch away from prying eyes. Hmmm, maybe he cares about his job and his customers.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I thought the topic was a stolen package.now it's an evaluation on tower? Sadly we have people who like to steal stuff.I am not sure we have a failsafe delivery system.I loved the comment about hobby king handing you coupon for rice.actually that sounds generous given how lousy they are at customer service.7
Old 12-21-2012, 08:44 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in Fairfield Ca and I also had a package that is missing or stolen. they say it was delivered o nthe 10th. It wasnt there and I contacted the seller. he then notified UPS and filed a claim. Last night I got an email from the seller stating that UPS contacted him and said it was found and delivered again. I still dont have my package. They should fire any driver ASAP and report to police for guys like this. maybe I should follow my driver to his house..... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.