Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slow stick Forum!!

Old 02-22-2012, 05:43 PM
eghershey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slow stick Forum!!

OK SS flyers. Has anyone tried to mount a ducted fan on a SS? I'm thinking that it would be a hoot, just to hear it scream? The only reasonable ducted fan I can find is a 40 amp unit so I'm thinking its a bit large. Gonna try to find a 20 or 25 amp unit and give it a try.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:51 PM
LarryV

Go to Radical RC, below is a pic.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36450.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1730538  
Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Flash1940

OK SS flyers. Has anyone tried to mount a ducted fan on a SS? I'm thinking that it would be a hoot, just to hear it scream? The only reasonable ducted fan I can find is a 40 amp unit so I'm thinking its a bit large. Gonna try to find a 20 or 25 amp unit and give it a try.
Keep in mind....it's a SLOW stick.....not a FAST stick. The original design with its big floppy foam wing with positive incidence has a severe problem flying in windy conditions and at high air speeds. The wing starts fluttering over its span from tip to tip and if you don't slow down it will be reduced to destruction and lay at your feet in so many chards of red & white foam and a stick & motor. You're asking a lot of the design to go with an EDF. Hope I'm not busting your bubble !!!
Flash
Old 02-22-2012, 09:40 PM
eghershey

Now thats what I'm talkin' about
So, it can be done, hadn't thought about two ducted fans? Once should be more than adequate. Gonna go for it. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:41 PM
LarryV

That company has good products and hop ups for the slo stik, I have the twin motor set up and the upgraded landing gear.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:59 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought I tackle the SS this weekend. I completed my Flylite build, jut need a conector. I am on hold wit hteh Slowstick, tired, and at the point where the instructions were not clear.
I can manage and make some sense of the itructions.

I may want to get some hop up parts. and Understand If I put all stock together. and want to add the landing gear all the parts must come off, possably forh te rear I can just unscrew the boom connector and swap off?

The LG is weak the wheels caster Inward. unsure if I want to spend $15.00 for landing gear, but if I am adding a go pro in the future I should get the ones that will hold the weight? the one's like from Mellenium or posted above?

If all other parts are of a color, all I need to do is just get some color and paint.? rather spend.

I really enjoyed putting her together. where I stand is placing on the wing, rods electronics. I am taking a break for now. I will decide later to order or not. if not I will build her, mark wher my CG lays and when CCC cool calm and collective maidon this Beast.

WHy I did not get one in the first place. Is beyond me.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 PM
svo
My Feedback: (1)

Just about done with this contra motor/ retracts stick. been working on it very little at a time and it is taking forever.

Pretty much just have to mount the aileron servos and linkages and it will be done.

It is way nose heavy as it is in the pics,..so the battery will be mounted back to right in front of the receiver.

Ran the motors up and it should have plenty of power. going to be interesting and probably funny to see it flying with wheels up.

May have overdone it with the rudder.lol I'll see how it flys first before I shorten it some. It looks like a damn weathervane to me.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:40 AM
fishycomics

guessing with the Batt aalways in front of the LG that is the CG.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CG should be 4 1/8" behind the wing leading edge. Doesn't matter where anything is mounted, shift stuff around until it balances there.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:20 AM
fishycomics

Thanks. I still have the Booklet telling me the CG. never do tehy say exactly where the Parts all align up. till it's found it then will get marked and glued.

Possably the 2200 I have toses more to the ront. till the prop saver arriwes. I will wait.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:25 PM
svo

Just maidened my counter rotating slow stick and WOW it flew VERY nice. Very little trim needed. It really suprised me how gentle it flys.

A slow plane with plenty of power and sounds like a ducted fan.

Flying mostly around a quarter to half throttle.

The retracts work great and looks cool flying with wheels up and the swept wing.

Just got to be careful on the landings since the wheels are close together, It will tip over if you dont hold it straight.

Motors got a little warm but not too bad.

Very satisfied with how it came out
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 PM
AirmanBob
My Feedback: (14)

I like your style SVO.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:04 PM
svo

ORIGINAL: AirmanBob

I like your style SVO.

Why thank you. (-:

I have 2 more slow stick kits on the way. They will be for slow stick combat though. so nothing too fancy.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM
skid_68

ORIGINAL: svo

Here is a video from saturday..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otQTmEKOWHY[/youtube]
That was great! That stick sounds like a monster. I can't imagine a hacker A30 on a stick. I run an A20-20L and it is super fast. Great work. Where did you get your LED's?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:18 PM
chevypower1930

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMg_XaAVtQI&hd=1[/youtube]
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM
guapoman2000

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Guys!

Just having fun with my new 808 Key Chain Camera looking AFT on top of my GWS SLOW Stick. It is powered by the BP Hobbies A2217/9 Brushless motor, a staple selection and setups to many of my Park Flyer size RC Airplane Models.

Recorded on location, Moon Port Modelers RC Club in Titusville, Florida and early in the morning, Thursday, December 20, 2012.

Enjoy!
https://vimeo.com/56048085
Old 12-20-2012, 05:39 PM
eghershey

Camera looks like it has good potential. Way too much jello for comfortable viewing. You might try to mount it in some pieces of Dr Schoals Foot soles to help with that. Aiming the camera forward and down gives a better comfortable view than a rear view. Too much sky only. Good flying stick, good motor combination.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:43 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

My converted Slow Stick because I wanted a more realistic Ultralight look and performance.
I love Ultralights! something about flying with no restriction to pilot view. If you have ever flown in
a real one, the feeling of freedon is indescribable.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCAtSFCswgM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6RtgT4j4-A[/youtube]

Below, my original scratch built scale ultralight design from which the Slow Stick Ultralight Conversion kit developed.
I was going to make this more in-scale full-build model into a kit but I decided that since there were more Slow Sticks
out there, already, with the basic parts... wings and boom, a conversion for such to a more realisitc looking and
flying model would make more sense from an quick-build, retrofit assembly standpoint.

If you like these and have questions pleas email me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zv_AnvNPaI[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35447.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1833676   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41645.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	1833677