Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fei Bao or Fly Eagle???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fei Bao or Fly Eagle???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM
never-enuff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fei Bao or Fly Eagle???

Which manufacturer would most of you go with? Don't know much about Fei Bao but see it a lot.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:23 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Fei Bao or Fly Eagle???

Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 AM
kasi122

Jet Legend
Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM
corndog2
Banned

Fei Bao
Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Anything but Fei Bao
Old 12-24-2012, 02:10 AM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

ALL manufacturers have their issues and therefore will always be people with great, good and bad experiences. The vast majority of people who buy from either of these companies have good experiences but the good stuff isn't reported anywhere near as much as the bad!
If you see something you like then do some balanced research and make judgements from that.

Happy Christmas,

Jeff
Old 12-24-2012, 02:51 AM
corndog2
Banned

ORIGINAL: madmodelman

Anything but Fei Bao

And your reasons being
Old 12-24-2012, 03:37 AM
madmodelman

I'm afraid I haven't got time to write a book and will not slag a product off in public, as Jeff says all manufacturers are not perfect but I've had a really bad experience with one particular jet.

My personal choice from experience is JetLegend.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:28 AM
corndog2
Banned

I'm afraid I haven't got time to write a book and will not slag a product off in public,
Does the second part of that statement ring true when you read the fist bit before it ?
Old 12-24-2012, 05:40 AM
keweiliang

Jet Legend too.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 AM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Oddly enough my personal preference is Jetlegend
Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 AM
bruno borges

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Skymaster!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 AM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

Look for one of ANY manufacturer that has been out for a few years and have seen plenty of people flying. Try to stay away from a brand new design that still needs "field testing".
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM
speed is life

Anything but Fei Bao
The "Ripmax/Flying Legends/Global Jet Club" Hawker Hunter is produced by Fei Bao. Just as nicely (or better) done as my Jet Legend Mirage2000.
IMO all the major Asian produced ARF's have some level of quirks, glitches, and shortcuts that the buyer has to deal with.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 AM
madmodelman

Yes, of course the Hunter is ok, as are all the models they produce for other "manufacturers"
You just unwittingly hit the nail on the head, they don't bother too much with their own stuff any more.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:55 AM
never-enuff

Well like I said I just don't know about FB . I've got some FE and have been really happy with them and their service but I really like Fei Bao big F-15 and just wanted a little feed back. Does anyone have one? Thanks guys
Old 12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
madmodelman

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying all their models are bad, just the one/two airframes I had.
It wasn't the F15 :-)
Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM
never-enuff

What F-4 are you looking for?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:39 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

flyeagle they have good support and tons of options!
checkout my F-18, this was all done at the factory:

1, weathering
2, light kit install
3, servos installed (honrs & linkage)
4, cockpit, and working canopy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHyuI...ature=youtu.be

And james has been great to work with it.

I was so impressed with the communication and workman ship that my friend also commisioned a hawk to be built:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifaQmji4CLI

So you can get very Pre-Fab arfs from these guys, they'll even do turbine and electronic installs for a very good price.[8D]
Old 12-24-2012, 01:22 PM
airwolf81
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Feibao
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM
madmodelman

It would have to be the JL one, although its not too scale.
The two best models in my fleet are my JL L39 and the new Viperjet which quite contrary to someone's earlier post was brilliant straight out of the box. I had one of the first in the UK, needed no mods.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

In my first hand experience, all the Chinese ARF suppliers have quality and design issues so it is really a matter of picking your poison. For instance:

Skymaster: My latest Gripen just experienced a delamination of a lower wing skin from root chord to tip along the rear spar. The plane has 12 flights. The root cause was insufficient adhesive to fill the gap between the spar and the skin. Their Dragon had some serious issues particularly the anti-rotation plates pulling out of the wing root. The small F-4 has an impractical forward tank. Installing the SM main gear in their big F-4 is a three evening experience as you have to grind away a lot of the mounts and reinforce them. Same with the F-20. The 1/6 scale F-16 needs a fin modification. Check the glue on the canopy of the big Viperjet as they've blown out.

JetLegend: The F-20 has a major design flaw (location of the stab pivot to close to the MAC) which led to flutter and loss of the model on more than one occasion. JL hunkered down and did nothing in hopes the storm here on RCU would blow over. After many months and overwhelming evidence and pressure, they replaced the stabs. Their F-15 and F-16 had V-stab flutter issues which resulted in complete loss of the model. Their big F-16 has a design flaw that it sits at a negative AOA which makes it difficult to rotate on takeoff. The F-15 had issues with the attachment of the stab pivot rod in the stab and guys were taking their stabs to airports and federal buildings to get their stabs X-rayed.

FlyEagle: Have historically had quality issues with their pipes With failures resulting in total loss of the model. Their landing gear has been problematic (leaking, insufficient power to retract during flight, collapse on landing) but have claimed these issues were fixed when they move production in house. Several models have structural issues and have experienced in flight failures including their new J-10 which shed an elevon and flat spun into the ground at Kentucky Jets this past summer. Their A-10 had huge issues which were documented on RCU. Their paint jobs look great though and their prices are low.

Fei Bao: Their F-5 has (had?) a major structural flaw in that the former with the receivers for the wing spar didn't have a top arch and this led to a spectacular failure a a major meet last year. Their Mirage F-1 H-stabs had a manufacturing error when they switched from prototype to production. The plane being built for an RCJI review had many issues and the stab failed about 10 seconds into the maiden flight. All production F-1's were grounded until the H-stabs were replaced.

Global Jet Club: GJC models are basically upgraded versions of planes made by the other manufacturers but made to GJC specs. The upgrades are definite improvements and the models are better than their lesser cousins. For example, the GJC Gripen is a JL Gripen with addition carbon fibre where it is badly needed. GJC inspects the planes before shipping and their packing is great. However, they are not miracle workers and their may still be hidden faults from the manufacturer (eg JL)

Comp-ARF and BVM are made in Taiwan (as opposed to China). While they may have an occasional issue (I've never seen a serious or hard to fix problem) the planes fit together, fly well, and have excellent instructions.

Like I said, pick your poison. To my mind, if you are going to buy a China ARF, get it from GJC.

Regards,

Jim
Old 12-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: never-enuff

Well like I said I just don't know about FB . I've got some FE and have been really happy with them and their service but I really like Fei Bao big F-15 and just wanted a little feed back. Does anyone have one? Thanks guys
Probably the most well known Fei-Bao F-15 around is owned by Lewis Patton. He has put untold flights on it over the last three years, and it's still going strong. Having seen it fly on numerous occasions, I can say it is pretty impressive in the air.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_82.../anchor/tm.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXUna5xad0g
Old 12-25-2012, 08:00 AM
gtoro26
My Feedback: (2)

helllo friend

just to give u personal experience

big f15 from fei bao

jet central mammoth

ordinance

there is nothing sexier in the air
thats it
have fun
Old 12-25-2012, 10:34 AM
dubd

Most people only recommend what they own as is evident by some guys praising their new purchase and making threads bashing another manufacturer that they've never owned. All manufacturers have pros and cons and I've found even in a given brand, different planes have different levels of quality and engineering competence. Do your research and be paranoid & thorough during the build.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.