Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

savage xs initial setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM
pubmaster861

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage xs initial setup

just got a new xs for xmas and was wondering in what order do you do the setup, i did the failsafe setup and that seems to be working properly but when i connect my battery while im holding full throttle i do not get the beeping response from the esc, any help would be appreciated thanks so much. merry christmas btw!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:00 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: savage xs initial setup

if i remember right it wont beep when your setting up your remote till you get the full throttle full reverse and neutral set then it beeps

look at the lights on the esc they should blink and change color as you set the throttle/reverse/neutral
green redorangish
Old 12-26-2012, 07:23 AM
pubmaster861

ok now one other question im not using a 2s or 3s battery i have those on order im plugging in a 4s battery could that be part of the problem im having? im not going to run the truck on it just wanted to get it setup so when my lipos get here i can sodder charge and run it, thanks for your post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:27 PM
CarGuy7a

4s lipo may be the problem. That esc can only handle 3s max. It may be going into an overload protection and not allowing the ESC to arm. If you have a 6 cell nimh you might be able to get the ESC setup (calibrated) to the radio system. If you want to dig deeper into the ESC settings you can look into getting the Castle Link wiring harness and then download the Castle link freeware from castle creations website.