Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My Christmas present

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:39 AM
loves nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Christmas present

Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and I hope Santa was good to you all, I got my first RC tank, it's a Heng Long M41A3 Walker Bulldog. It has the smoke and sound option, but plastic tracks and drive gears, I could have had it before Christmas, but I decided to be "mature", and wait for Christmas. My first impressions are very good, but the road wheels seem a little flimsy, but seeing that it's my first tank, I could be wrong. I spent all Christmas day in my gun-room painting it and getting it to look weathered, it came out pretty good I think. The thing that strikes me as not quite right is that the instructions say not to run the tank on carpet as it will cause undo stress on the tank's motors, I would think that running on a carpet would be good because the tank would have very good traction, and I just don't see how a carpet could cause too much resistance. Am I wrong ? The only other thing I don't care for is the battery charger that comes with the tank, Im into nitro cars and trucks, so I know a thing or two about NiCad batteries, and it seems easy to over-charge the battery with that cheap wall charger that comes with the tank. I have a nice charger that I use for my Traxxas electric starter, and my HPI roto starter. It will dis-charge the battery, then charge it , it also has a nice read-out so you actually know whats going on with the battery as it's charging.
I think my brother has a battery problem with his tank, I bought him a Heng Long Tauch Panzer for Christmas, but he got it a few days ago. Last night he called me and said the tank was running good, then the last time he went to run it, it won't turn on any more, no lights or anything. He told me he had the battery on the charger all night, so Im gonna go to his house today with a good battery and see if thats the problem, if the tank wont run with a good battery I'll just send his tank back for a replacement.
Again I hope ya-all had a Merry Christmas,
Paul
Old 12-26-2012, 08:23 AM
dash69

Default RE: My Christmas present

I have had my Bulldog for about two years. Metal tracks and the road wheels stand up pretty darn good.Mine is in dirt and has been in serious mud. No problems. I did compress my rear struts to keep road wheel from hitting upper wheels easy fix. I think you will enjoy it.

Wlcome!

David
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

ok you guys know me i need pictures to look at got to have pics like to see tanks pics pics pics...lol
Old 12-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Devildog0341Va

Nitro,

Its a good solid tank. Have had mine for a couple years now also and has never missed a beat until recently when I broke it down to upgrade it LOL
Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Paul... this is a great hobby. I ran a DBU IR battle Bulldog at Danville a few years back. It fought well for a light tank. There are many RC tankers in your area. Check them out and PM them.

ORIGINAL: Devildog0341Va

Nitro,

It's a good solid tank. Have had mine for a couple years now also and has never missed a beat until recently when I broke it down to upgrade it LOL
It's a good solid tank

You sound like Jack Atwater at APG....

See you Friday morning at Danville.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 PM
rat now
My Feedback: (4)

Great tank....I gots 3 of them