Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Which would be best

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Which would be best

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 06:21 PM
soready04
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which would be best

Looking for my second plane and I have narrowed it down to these two planes. Cessna 182 or T-28. I have been doing a lot of research but would like to hear other people opinions and not the ones from the sales reps. I currently a have a FLY Zone Sensei and I fly that to death. Haven't had an crash yet, only bent my nose gear some.I am really looking for a scale plane. I see these two on a lot of sites but would like to know more about PROS and CONS. Also I know Banana Hobby has a lot of bad reviews but they sell both the planes for the cheapest.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../flza4000.html

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a703-14...d-rtf-24g.html

Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 AM
tonywayne

Default RE: Which would be best

They are both scale but the Cessna will fly a little slower and be a little more forgiving than the t28, the sensei should fly much like your cessna. I have heard the 28 is a great flyer though. One thing to consider is maybe getting a plane that can use the same batteries that you already have for your current plane. If you can handle your flyzone sensei than i would say go for either the cessna or the 28 you should do just fine.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 AM
soready04
My Feedback: (19)

Thanks! I did consider that also. Looking at both planes, I would need new batteries. I use an 2100 mah in my sensei but those would be to big for the flyzone Cessna. With the T-28 I would need a 4 cell.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

How about the Parkzone T-28? If you can handle and fly the Sensei to "death", you're ready to progress to the T-38. ARF scale models these days are much better designed with lighter wingloadings and larger tail surfaces.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 AM
KW_Counter

Having a Parkzone T-28 I can whole heartily recommend it.
It uses a 3S1P 2200 battery.

Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Chucksolo69

Yep, the Parksone T-28 Trojan is a fantastic flying bird. I love mine. Another option would be the Flyzone Focke-Wulf FW190. She flies, believe it or not, almostEXACTLY like the PZ T-28 and can be brought in slow for a landinglike the Trojan. The FZ FW190 flies very docile and straight hands off, if properly trimmed, at 1/2 throttle. Punch the throttle and she wakes up. She also cuts a beautiful silhouette in the sky.