Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Worlds fastest off road buggy

Old 12-29-2012, 06:41 PM
twissted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worlds fastest off road buggy

I'm just guessing but I can pull the front end up at speed and it 4 wheel drive. here is the kicker. it's 1/5 scale!

Here is what makes it tick. Motor is a SSS5694 1200 kv and the esc is a 300 amp 8s piece that I bought factoy direct for just over a hundred bucks shipped. http://www.fliermodel.com/en/index.asp
Hor Racing has this motor for 99.00 plus 22.00 air shipping. So as you can see I'm cheap! Try to keep up her as I'm sharing 30 years of being this way.

this esc just came in as a upgrade and is a little bigger than the one you will se in the buggy.

The pair ok batteries are 4s running in series. That makes it a 8s buggy. and yes I know that makes this motor run at over 35000 RPMs. But if you look at the specs at horracing.com you will see that this motor eats it up!
Here is another chassis that is a 1.5 inches longer. I will be building a truck with it using the HPI baja truck body.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:45 PM
twissted

Default RE: Worlds fastest off road buggy

Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 PM
twissted

Other 1/5 scales that I play with.

This shows my 42" Catamaran on top of the 56" that I'm building as we speak.

1/5 TJ scale build

Revo converted to a 1/5 truck
Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 AM
TWERPA
My Feedback: (19)

Those are amazing. I'd love to see video's of each running.Keep up the good work.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 PM
twissted

Thx I have many more that I have build and started over the years but this is a start.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice work,
I've the crawler,

Have u seen the 20hp losi? It might have u beat...

Losi 5T with Lehner 3080/6 LK motor, MGM compro TMM 25063-3 X-SERIES ESC, RC Madness BL5 Conversion Kit, motor mount adapted for Lehner motors. RC Madness BL5 Conversion Kit will be soon available in design suitable also for Lehner motors. The speed controller and also motor can handle 15S cells and provide the power up to 15kW (20HP). Most runs were done with 12S cells and the delivered power is amazing. 12S cells configuration can provide the power of 16 HP.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 PM
krayziedxc
My Feedback: (9)

how is the esc holding up? i have been looking at it for awhile. im still debating castle or flier. Did you know thats fightercat esc,which china copyed.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
twissted

you will not believe how good the service is. I can only say that if you use them with out a middle man. So if you are not dealing with Cathy then your doing it wrong. She is there sales rep. I use them in My big boat as well. I will buy bigger esc's when I start my 72" build that will happen latter in the year. I plan on buying another 350 amp esc for the truck build I will be building this spring.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM
twissted

I havn't seen it yet. I do know that the Losi weighs about 8 to 10 LBS more that mine. My wheel bearings are bigger and so if he hits me I could be in real trouble.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascJnO-mKeE