Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

CDI gr8flyer55

Old 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Gompy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CDI gr8flyer55

I just programmed a new PIC-version, 40 degrees BTDC and a straight line of 24 degrees BTDC.
Within the range of 2000 till 10,000 rpm the timing will be at 10,000 rpm 12 degrees.
For a normal 2 stroke Homelite this is a very good table with good values.
BUT, thats not wat I have programmed and thats the problem.
It look good on paper, but into the field it's not good.

First I was thinking it was the magneticfeeld, at high speed the feeld moves and will be smaller.
Now I use a optosensor with a window of 5 degrees, very small, zo there is no 20 or more degrees magnetic window like the hallsensor have.

It's no problem to use this software, but you have to program only straight lines and use twostroke engines
Old 12-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Nav-Aids

LOL
Old 12-16-2012, 08:59 AM
gr8flyer55

Ray, have you been in contact with Jake about the problems with the excel sheet and the fixes you have done?
Seems he is now to busy with his other projects. I am about to program my first chip with your corrections, although I think the timing problems haven't been addressed as of this time. Is there anything really potentially wrong using my curves with the current "fixed" F1 version? Or should I hold off until you take a look at the file for any problems?
I can just do a static test first which I always do anyway, but if there's nothing really wrong, I'll do my actual engine tests today to check functional switches, starting and top end timing etc.

John
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Nav-Aids

ORIGINAL: gr8flyer55

Ray, have you been in contact with Jake about the problems with the excel sheet and the fixes you have done?
Seems he is now to busy with his other projects. I am about to program my first chip with your corrections, although I think the timing problems haven't been addressed as of this time. Is there anything really potentially wrong using my curves with the current "fixed" F1 version? Or should I hold off until you take a look at the file for any problems?
I can just do a static test first which I always do anyway, but if there's nothing really wrong, I'll do my actual engine tests today to check functional switches, starting and top end timing etc.

John
I have been in touch with Jake early last weekand he is in the middle of exams right now, exams should be finished by now or byWednesday at the latest, that's how mine were. The only thing I fixed were problems with the spreadsheets themselves, from what I saw some of the values weren't being copied properly. As for the 'C' code itself, that remains unchanged but, the timing values should be what is selected now. Some problems only appeared in Excel 2003 and some were in both. In your case you were using Excel2007/2010 so there shouldn't be anything code wise that has changed for you so go nuts and let me know how it goes. Please note that only curve-1 is copied to the clipboard, I could not remember if just cuvre-1 got copied or both curve-1 and curve-2 got copied. I have to build a Gompy Timing Light right now.

Cheers

Ray
Old 12-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Gompy

Again some movies to show wat happens with the timing

Curve 1 at 11,500 rpm ATDC

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH3-p_cSizs[/youtube]

Curve 2 at 8350 rpm ATDC

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-UcRnOvo0[/youtube]

Setupfiles
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Km97050.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	1830840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81887.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	1830841  
Attached Files
File Type: txt
To45110.txt (16.5 KB, 119 views)
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
gr8flyer55

If I program a curve to either table and save it, then reload it later, it works great. Only the copy command from table one to table two is at fault. Otherwise, I ran an engine with it today and it follows the programmed curve exactly to the degrees of the program. Don't know what else to say. I can't duplicate the timing change problem.

John
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Gompy

Follow the wave is not follow the curve, thats the differens.
I copy only one table into the code, I copy both tables to the code, I copy the complete code, I edit by hand and it's allways the same......wrong.
I don't know a other way to show wat is wrong, movies aren't problably not enough.
Have fun with the code, but don't complain if some one blow his engine and thye cost are yours.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:50 PM
gr8flyer55

I am the only one testing it on an engine. My engine won't go past 7500 rpm so I don't have the problem. If its bad software, it's bad software. Not a problem. What I use in my planes was written by Nyemi. Never a problem. In fact, yesterday we flew one of my ignitions with Nyemi's software in a $7,000 airplane. Perfect performance all around. MSD works well on the DA 60 in that plane and some top contest flyers are now asking to try it. It's all I probably would ever need, but Jake's would be nice when it is working correctly I think.
When these problems are worked out, we will test it in my friend's plane.
The features it has make it desirable, not the problems. We were off to a good start just like last time though there are problems. I think it's all fixable though. I'm not afraid to do engine testing myself. I have nothing to lose, my engines cost me nothing other than my time.

John
Old 12-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Gompy

There is the monkey with the banana......Nyemi's software.

I'm done with it.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 PM
gr8flyer55

I remember something about some type of NET file that had to be updated to get things working..anyone remember what the file was?
I used to have problems until I updated them but can't remember what the name of the files were..Microsoft Netsomething..

John
Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM
gr8flyer55

I just remembered what it was. Net Framework.
If these files are not up to date, it says on microsoft's website, that all kinds of problems will result from running Visual Basic routines etc. Everything I can think of problem wise with the spreadsheet is all dependent on Net Framework. I'm hoping this is a solution to the wrong data being copied to the wrong cells in Excel. Mine was updated last year when they announced the update fixed numerous complaints in Microsoft applications such as Excel. Hope this is it. There is nothing else that could be machine specific as this problem.

John
Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Muciek

It's Netframework

EDit: sorry I was late with this answer. Didnt see other one's
Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
bluejets

If I remember correctly, one had to install a particular version of microsoft netframework in order for the monitor program to work.

This was on the old 16F628A timer with the control software. That part worked very well.

Might have been version 3.5 or 4.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Nav-Aids

The .Net Framework is not needed for the spreadsheet, it doesn't use it. Mind youthe Office updates and service packscan't hurt.

Ray
Old 12-30-2012, 06:50 PM
gr8flyer55

Ray, the fixes you made on the excel sheet seem to work good. There are few if any problems in the software except the rpm limitations. So, if it is used on a regular gas engine in the 7,000-9,000 rpm range it should now be fine.

Is there anyone else testing the software, programming curves etc. ?

John
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 PM
gr8flyer55

If Jake can post the "fixed" sheets on the website we can move on to the next version. I have version 1 working fairly well running my test engine just fine, easy starts, curve switching works, and the ignition kill is also working, without RFI.

John
Old 12-31-2012, 01:07 AM
bluejets

Is there anyone else testing the software, programming curves etc. ?

John
I started to but ran into more strife than one can imagine with the Mplab throwing up errors. Tried uninstalling and re-installing various versions without much success. I can manage to get a hex file out of one install now but it would be anyones guess if it is any good given the errors the Mplab throws up. Spent 3 days on it now , just a waste of time really. Even tried a fresh windowsXP install but nope.

Nothing to do with Jakes software, it does it with other proven c code also. Sent a message to Microchip but doubt will get much sense from them given i'm running on WindowsXP.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:48 AM
Gompy

Rename to hex, 30.000 rpm / 30 degrees BTDC.

Happy NewYear.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Rp43853.txt (5.0 KB, 89 views)
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
gr8flyer55

Jeff, did you get all the Microchip files in order? I had no problems after downloading the updated device files for the XC8 compiler. I think it was suggested a few pages back about them.
Haven't had a chance to test Rob's hex file yet, but I think he must have gotten his programming figured out or he wouldn't have posted the file.

John
Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 PM
nyemi

Hi everyone

Happy New Year..

Hungarian

Sikerekben gazdag, Boldog Új Évet kívánok mindenkinek.

Üdvözlettel nyemi
<xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normál táblázat"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style>
Old 12-31-2012, 04:01 PM
gr8flyer55

Hi Nyemi !!
Happy New Year !!!

I am hoping to get all the problems behind us in the new year.
There are a few new projects coming to go with the ones we have completed. A nice timing light, some optical switching devices, and maybe even a more efficient, simpler, and smaller ignition for the new smaller sized planes. I'm working on the size, then the power requirements. Possibly going as low as 3.7 volts from a single LiPo cell for power. I know it's already been done commercially, we need it done cheaper.
Hoping it is going to be a good year.

John
Old 12-31-2012, 05:14 PM
bluejets

Jeff, did you get all the Microchip files in order? I had no problems after downloading the updated device files for the XC8 compiler. I think it was suggested a few pages back about them.
Haven't had a chance to test Rob's hex file yet, but I think he must have gotten his programming figured out or he wouldn't have posted the file.

John
No, no luck what-so-ever John.

So I did like you suggested just went right back to page 30 but did not see any reference to xc8 compiler.

You mention update device files for the compiler, where did you get these. A search on Microchip returns maybe 30,000 results.

I might try and download latest Mplab and xc8 again, format the drive (again) and see if anything comes up differently.

Happy New Year....
Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 PM
dinoslmn
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,
I wish to all of you a Happy New Year, healthfulness, happiness, good flyings (and landings) and....softwares without bugs

Dino,
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25 AM
stewccm500

hi, all at rc univers. can anyone help with a cdi problem ? i have some understanding of electronics, but i need some more detailed help. i have seen that the rc world of clever people can make a cdi run very eficiently from a small dc supply. all i need is the power supply part of this to run an old british scrambler bike (ccm500 made in 1979, origional cdi ran from small alternator, rectifyed to 3-10 volt dc, powered an inifficent socillator to charge a capacitor and give the spark. timing is by a lucas rita magnetic pick up on cam shaft, shape and size of blade, coil inductance etc automaticly gives very good timig advance/ ret, triggering a sensitive thyristor for spark) it only just worked ! kick over speed is very slow (11/1 comp ratio, castor oil in winter !) a similar better syestem was avalible as an option with re-chargeable batteres, but this was all in a very big box with a ht lead comming out of it. i have tryed improving the origional system but to buy and modify a modern cdi box is probably the way to go.
thanks stew.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 AM
gr8flyer55

Hi Stew.
Seems like you are in need of a CDI upgrade for your system. Our CDI is probably adaptable to your system with some minor changes made to it. Ours requires a dedicated power supply that is regulated to 5 volts. Your supply needs to at least supply the initial voltage from the alternator since there was no mention of it having a battery. Filtering it thru a large capacitor to retain voltage for startup is a requirement unless you make up a power switching arrangement with a small battery somewhere in the setup. Ours takes a voltage constant for the timing chip to initialize and be stabilized befor it can produce the first spark. The issue of a magnetic pickup can be worked out. Ours uses a hall sensor and a South Pole magnet for the trigger.
Once you work out those few steps, you could probably use a system like ours.
Hope this helps. If not, I'm sure others can offer some suggestions to get your system figured out.

John

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.