Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

S30 volcano nitro rc truck will not stay running.

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

S30 volcano nitro rc truck will not stay running.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
michsmit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S30 volcano nitro rc truck will not stay running.

Hey guys,

I just got a new S30 volcano nitro rc truck and itwill not stay running. when I plug the exhaust and try priming, nothing happens but yet when i remove the fuel line from the exhaust and blow thru the fuel llne the fuel starts to move towards the carb. Would this be due to an air leak some where? Also can someone pleae provide me with the factory settings or settingsfor the HSNand LSN, so I can atleast get the truck running. I am going to check for air leaks, Thanks...

Mike
Old 01-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: S30 volcano nitro rc truck will not stay running.

ORIGINAL: michsmit

Hey guys,

I just got a new S30 volcano nitro rc truck and it will not stay running. when I plug the exhaust and try priming, nothing happens but yet when i remove the fuel line from the exhaust and blow thru the fuel llne the fuel starts to move towards the carb. Would this be due to an air leak some where? Also can someone pleae provide me with the factory settings or settings for the HSN and LSN, so I can atleast get the truck running. I am going to check for air leaks, Thanks...

Mike
So the fact your saying it won't stay running means it will in fact start...correct? If this is true it sounds like the tuning is affecting the priming and idling. LSN if to lean will make it hard to prime and run at idle. Check your needles. Sometimes the easiest thing to do is just run them back to break in and retune from there.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:56 PM
michsmit

Yes it will start for 2-3 seconds, but only when i put nitro down into the carb, I think it is just burning the fuel in the carb..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Dads like rc too

Yes it will start for 2-3 seconds, but only when i put nitro down into the carb, I think it is just burning the fuel in the carb..
bring your needles back out to factory and retune. Sounds like your too lean. Bring the HSN and LSN out until they are flush in their sleeve. Once your needles are set rich it should prime again and allow fuel to flow. Most likely it's the LSN that's too lean, it only takes a 1/2 turn too much to get it too lean where it will not allow it to start.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:09 PM
michsmit

Ok, will do, ill let you know how it goes... thanks

Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
michsmit

Wow that really worked. Thank you so much. When it started my wheels where turning a bit does that mean my idel is set too high? Also Ipinched the fuel line going to the carb to stop the engine until I can break it in. It is getting late here and its -24 outside, do you think it will be ok to run the break-n in a couple days when it warms up?

Thanks again you made my day!!!!!!!

Mike.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Dads like rc too

Wow that really worked. Thank you so much. When it started my wheels where turning a bit does that mean my idel is set too high? Also I pinched the fuel line going to the carb to stop the engine until I can break it in. It is getting late here and its -24 outside, do you think it will be ok to run the break-n in a couple days when it warms up?

Thanks again you made my day!!!!!!!

Mike.
Personally I wouldn't run it with temps that cold. Your not going to get a good break in. When it's that cold its going to run very lean to begin with. For me, running nitro below 40 degrees is hard on the engine. It can be done, but make sure you're rich enough. With it being that cold out you're going to want a temp gauge for sure. Remember when breaking in you want the engine to heat up enough for the sleave to expand without running too hot. As far as the wheels turning, when it's idling on the block they will likely spin a little. If you hold it on the floor and it's not trying to pull or roll away your idle is fine. Tuning isn't always perfect, some carbs are hard to get dialed in where there is absolutely no roll at idle. Your HSN will also affect your idle so for now get it broken in and then you can really dial in the tuning.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 PM
michsmit

Ok, good to no. I started it in the house tonight. Iwill wait until its close to 50 out before I break it in. Again thank you for your help.