Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Burning a hole in my pocket...opinions needed!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 AM
The DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning a hole in my pocket...opinions needed!

Hey all,thanks in advance for any thoughts,opinions and advice. Just getting back into the hobby after a few years away,have interest in SCT club racing (will never be for more than just the fun of it) and have decided on ECX Torments on that aspect,as for the money and with 2 kids who may also want to join in,the pric quoted to me by my old favorite LHS is too hard to beat ($165 + tax).

Anyways,also have zero experience but great interest in crawlers/trail rigs-not so much for rock crawling comps or anything,more like charging a few lipos and hiking the same trails Imtn bike with the trucks. Like the looks/what I've read/seen online about the Axial trucks (Wraiths,Ridgecrests,Dingos if going with kits,for eg),but also see some Vemons going for good prices on eBay new (kits under $150 shipped,RTR's under $300).

SO,this year in the next couple months (thank you in advance Tax Fairy! ),we're potentially looking at a trio of trail rigs and Torments,plus batts and chargers. The thing is,I've sold some mtn biking stuff on eBay,and as soon as the guy Paypals me/payment clears,I'll have around a $600 budget to get going,andsaid LHShas "ONETorment and pretty much every Axial truck in stock",how would you spend it nextweek (knowing you'd potentiallyhave double that budget in a couple months anyways)? It's burning a hole and preshopping this week
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
The DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Burning a hole in my pocket...opinions needed!

Nevermind..if all goes well (no unforseens),making the 2 hour drive tomorrow,picking up 1 ECXTorment RTR,1 Axial Ridgecrest RTR,1 buget Lipo ready charger and 1 extra 5000-5500 MaH Lipo Pics tomorrow eve if the trip happens