Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Horizontal Servo tray/cradle

Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Horizontal Servo tray/cradle

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 AM
cjbotox
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horizontal Servo tray/cradle

I am tired of the cheap wood (and even some balsa) blocks of wood supplied by most ARFs for attaching servos to wing plates. The plywood plates I can deal with but I need a good servo attachment that holds the servo flat and horizontal against the plywood plate. I've found quite a few pricey productions on line but 99% have a lower bar of considerable thickness. I want the servo flat and as close to plate as possible.

Something shaped to fit around a standard servo like a U-bracket. I saw a perfect wooden rendition made by Carden models, but they don't sell them.

[img]Click image for larger versionName: Servo Cradle.jpgViews: 161Size: 57.1 KBID: 74448[/img]

Here's a picture of whatI'm talking about. Aluminum would be fine as long as there is nothing traveling underneath servo. Didn't someone sell these in a laser cut kit?

I'm building a TWM GSP-51 at 18 lbs with a DLE 35 and have powerful servos with 4-40 linkages... the servo mounts are balsa - not a good match for me.

John
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
k12rc

Default RE: Horizontal Servo tray/cradle

I think Lds lazer design service has what you want
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM
k12rc

LDS Wing Servo Mount
LDS Wing Servo Mount
Wing Servo Mounting Kit Servo Mounting For Your Wing Laser cut mounting to make your work easier. Comes 2 to a package Note: A flat shipping rate is...
$5.99

Add:
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 AM
cjbotox
My Feedback: (11)

Thanks k12 I appreciate your responce. At the risk of sounding like a picky b, I've seen these already and have them bookmarked along with 2 other manufacturers. They're OK but pale in comparison to the mounts I tried to download. I hate to send anyone over to another site but here's where I found what I think are the 'ultimate' ones:

FLAT/SIDEWAYS/HORIZONTAL SERVO MOUNTS - You have to google this as the name of other site gets blocked.

At this point I think I will be ordering 2 sets from LDS and 2 sets from servo city. Do you know if there has been discussion elsewhere on this topic? I don't see but a scant mention overall.

Thanks

John
Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 AM
k12rc

There has been some talk on the form lds cuts a hole in them for post to stick in and glue ill check the other site out thanks