Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flaps on a AR7010...9303

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaps on a AR7010...9303

Sorry to bother you guys but for some reason I can't seem to get flaps to operate on a 120 lite with my 9303 converted to Spektrum 2.4. I have AR7910 DCMX receiver. I have the(2) ailerons servos working fine one servo coupled to AUX 2 working fine My rudder and elevator are single servos working so I still have AUX 1 and Gear channel left........I just can't seem to to assign Aux1 or gear to the flap switch, to use the flaps on the 120 lite.

I started on a fresh plane channel on the 120 lite because I knew with the seven channel receiver I knew would loose crow and some of the flap to elevator mixes......I did not use most of these mixes anyway. My manual is not me helping much.

Most searches I have done are using 8 and 9 channel using Aux 3&4 tying them to flap switch..............This AuX 1 seems to the most problematic in the screens the Aux 1 not listed as a choice in the menu screens I am usually in.

I am so use to doing this with 9 channel receivers and downloaded instruction from you guys.........I feel stupid as to why this 7 channel is frustrating me so.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:36 AM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Default RE: Flaps on a AR7010...9303

Try this everything in one:
9303 Dual Aileron,Elevator,Flap,Retract

Device Select:

GEAR FLAP AUX2 AUX3 AUX4
INH SYS INH INH ACT

NOTE: Shadow AUX4, press roller and
Assign GEAR SWITCH

Wing Type: Normal

Dual: AILE ELEV RUDD FLAP
Mate: AUX2 AUX3 INH GEAR

Now go to the Function Menu: Monitor
Check it out..Aux#4=Retracts..activated
By the retract switch.

Ailerons: Right Aileron= Aileron on Rx.
Left Aileron= Aux#2
Elevators:Right Elevator=Elevator on Rx
Left Elevator= Aux#3
Rudder: Into Rudder on Rx.
Flaps: Right Flap= Aux#1 (Flap)
Left Flap= Gear on Rx
Retracts:Into Aux#4

Notice the 2nd Row: FLAP SYS, Click on
Norm: U 100%, Mid: Set for Take off,
Land: Set for Landing(Normal 30 Degree)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Checklst

Sorry to bother you guys but for some reason I can't seem to get flaps to operate on a 120 lite with my 9303 converted to Spektrum 2.4. I have AR7910 DCMX receiver. I have the(2) ailerons servos working fine one servo coupled to AUX 2 working fine My rudder and elevator are single servos working so I still have AUX 1 and Gear channel left........I just can't seem to to assign Aux1 or gear to the flap switch, to use the flaps on the 120 lite.

I started on a fresh plane channel on the 120 lite because I knew with the seven channel receiver I knew would loose crow and some of the flap to elevator mixes......I did not use most of these mixes anyway. My manual is not me helping much.

Most searches I have done are using 8 and 9 channel using Aux 3&4 tying them to flap switch..............This AuX 1 seems to the most problematic in the screens the Aux 1 not listed as a choice in the menu screens I am usually in.

I am so use to doing this with 9 channel receivers and downloaded instruction from you guys.........I feel stupid as to why this 7 channel is frustrating me so.
When you are setting up Dual Ailerons and Dual Flaps you need to go into Wingtype, choose Normal, and scroll to the Mate row and select the channels you want to Mate with Aileron and Flaps (I assume you have separate control surfaces for Ailerons and Flaps and you are not using Flapperons). You would use the same procedure for Dual Elevators. You don't use the Programmable Mixers to get Dual Ailerons, Elevators, and Flaps, however, you can use the PM's for other purposes. If you need to Inhibit any channels you intend to Mate, you would do that in Device Select. This includes inhibiting Switches that were formerly assigned to the Mated channels.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Checklst

Thanks Guys......Codimasta your instruction made the day........I have your direction saved to a usb click drive and for some stupid reason I saw them and,did not use them......thanks for posting them again. I think the reason I have so much trouble with the 9303 is when I set up a model(like the 3 gas I have now) I fly them for years never entering the program side of the radio.........and most at our field were Futaba guys so never had to help anyone with their radio.

I still am thinking of purchasing a Spektrum DX8 ...for some reason the group of flyers I fly with at our field (have all switch from Futaba to the DX8) most of these guys are retired Delta pilots,Delta Mechanics and engineers,retired school teachers,B-25 WWII Pilots ect........... most of these guys talk of the ease of programing, its also easier to find help with so many of the radios on site. Most of the Top line JR,Specktrum and Futaba flyers at our vary large club(250 to 300 members) are more the Pro type guys with sponsorship ect............and they fly evening hours and weekends. I'm part of the breakfast club .

Thanks again Guys
Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 PM
airbusdrvr

Perhaps someone smarter than me can figure out Horizon's website but I can't. I have the X9303 which is same as XP9303 and X9503. On the XP9303/X9303 support page there was a pdf download to setup the ultra stick 120. I have it printed but can no longer find it on the Horizon site. If anyone else can find it and post the link it gives step by step ultra stick set up. In fact, it is great for any dual aileron and dual flap servo wing set up. I'm sure it may be what codimasta posted above but more expansive.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM
snuts

Programming Guide for the JR XP9303 for the Hangar 9 Ultra Stick
To start with, plug your servos into the correct channels. Below is a listing of what servo to plug into each channel. You will need a 7-channel receiver to use the full set up that the 9303 is capable of doing with the Ultra Stick.
Ch. 1 Throttle Ch. 5 Left Aileron (Listed as Gear Channel on Receiver)
Ch. 2 Right Aileron Ch. 6 Right Flap (Listed as Aux 1 on Receiver)
Ch. 3 Elevator Ch. 7 Left Flap (Listed as Aux 2 on Receiver)
Ch. 4 Rudder
System Set-Up Mode
To begin setting up the transmitter, press and hold the ENT key, and turn the 9303 on, then release the ENT key.
Model Selection
Press down on the roller with Model Sel highlighted, and select the model you want the ultra stick on by pressing the rolling selector and rolling through the models, and select the model you want to use by pressing the roller.
Model Reset
Now press the LIST key and scroll through with the roller until you get to MDL Reset. Press down with the roller to enter model reset, and then press the CLR key, then the bottom key to answer yes.
Model Type Selection
Press the LIST key, scroll with the roller to get to Type SEL and enter type selection by pressing down on the roller. Scroll with the roller until ACRO is highlighted, and press the roller to select ACRO, and then press LIST.
Modulation Selection
Set the modulation as needed to match your receiver by scrolling with the roller to select MODULAT, pressing down on the roller, pressing down on the roller again, select SPCM or PPM with the roller, then pressing the roller again. Press LIST to return to the system menu.
Device Select Set Up
Now scroll through with the roller until Device SEL is highlighted and press down on the roller to enter device select. Scroll with the roller until INH is highlighted under where it says FLIGHT MODE. Press down on the roller, highlight FLAP SW with the roller, then press down on the roller. By moving the roller to the right, you can set trims to COM where you will have the same trims for all flight modes, or to FM where you will have a new set of trims for each flight mode. These are optional, set them as desired. By again moving the roller to the right, it will highlight SW next to D/R, here you can set this to SW so that the dual rates are on individual switches, or to FM where the rates will be on the flight mode switch. Here again, this is an option, and can be set as desired. Move the roller to the right until ON is highlighted in the FLAP column. Press the roller to make this say OFF. Scroll to the right to get to the bottom row in the gear column, and press the roller until this says INH next to where it says OUT. Then scroll to the right one line to the bottom row of the FLAP column so that it is highlighted. This should say SYS, if it says INH or ACT, press the roller until this says SYS. Move the roller to the right one position at a time, and press the roller at each channel (aux2, aux3, and aux4) and make them all say INH. On the bottom row of the screen it should read from left to right: OUT INH SYS. INH INH INH
Wing Type Set Up
Now press the LIST key, move the roller to the right to highlight Wing TYPE and press down on the roller to enter the wing type function. Move the roller to the right until INH is highlighted under AILE next to where it says MATE. Press down on the roller, then select GEAR with the roller and press down on the roller. Then move the roller to the right until INH is highlighted under FLAP in the same row as where it says MATE. Press down on the roller, roll the roller to highlight AUX2, then press down on the roller to select it.
This completes the system set up mode, press the ENT key to exit the system mode.
Function Mode
Next we will set up the function mode of transmitter. Press the LIST key to enter the function list. After completing each step below, press the LIST key to get back to the function list.
Dual Rates and Expo
Set your Dual Rates and Expo as you desire. Move the roller to D/R & EXP function and enter it by pressing down on the roller. Set these as desired. Always use a positive value for expo, as a negative value will make the control response more sensitive around center and could cause you to over control the plane and crash. 30 percent expo on aileron, and 25% on elevator and rudder is recommended to start with. Set your low rates around 70% to start with, and change to your tastes.
Servo Reversing
Set your servo reversing correctly so that each surface goes the correct direction. Do this by moving the roller until you get to REV SW and press down on the roller to enter the reverse function. If the flaps go up with the flap switch in the down or LAND position, reverse the direction of channel 6 (FLAP) and/or channel 7 (AUX 2).
Sub Trims
Set the sub trims as required leveling the control surfaces. Scroll with the roller until you get to the sub trim option and press the roller to select the sub trim function. Try to keep these as close to zero as possible. Using too much sub trim can result in running out of travel on the servos, and the possibility of over-driving the servos.
Travel Adjustment
Set the travel adjustments such that you get the control movements required. Consult your Ultra Stick manual for the required control surface travels. You may need to use 1” long servo arms to achieve the maximum travels listed in the manual. Try to use as high a travel adjustment value possible to achieve the throws so that you use as much of the servos travel as possible. Scroll with the roller until you get to the travel adjustment option, and press the roller to enter the function.
Elevator to Flap Mixing
Move the roller until ELE->FLP M is highlighted, and press down on the roller to enter the function. Rotate the roller until MIX is highlighted; press down on the roller to move the shaded box under MIX to the top or Pos 1. Rotate the roller until DN is highlighted next to Pos1. Press down on the roller, and rotate the roller until you get to about 35 percent. If the flaps go down with down elevator, reverse the value from +35 to –35 or vice versa. Press the roller again after you have finished setting the DN percentage, and then move the roller to the right so that UP is selected and press down on the roller. Rotate the roller until you get to about 35 percent. If the flaps go up, reverse the value from +35 to –35 or vice versa. This will give you flaps mixed to the elevator for tight loops, etc.
Flap System
Scroll through the menu until FLAP SYS is highlighted, and press the roller to select this function. Scroll through with the roller until LAND is highlighted next to ELEV. Press down on the roller, then rotate the roller to make the elevator goes down ¼” in the LAND switch position, then press the roller down again. The rotate the roller to highlight NORM next to FLAP. Press down on the roller until this says U 50%. Adjusting this value will adjust how far the flaps will go in the center position, though you can also make small adjustments to the MID position next to flaps later for final set up. Center the flap servos after setting this position, with the switch all the way up. This is done so that you will not run out of travel for aileron to flap mixing for fast rolls. Now rotate the roller until LAND is highlighted next to FLAP, press down on the roller, and set this value as needed to get the flap travel with the switch in the land position.
Aileron to Flap Mixing
Scroll through the menu until PROG. Mix 3 is highlighted and select it by pressing the roller. Press the CLR key to activate the mix, rotate the roller until the first channel is highlighted (it should say THRO), press down on the roller, rotate the roller until AILE is highlighted, and press the roller again. Rotate the roller until the second channel is highlighted (it should say THRO), press down on the roller, rotate
the roller until FROL is highlighted, and press the roller again. Rotate the roller until MIX is highlighted, and press the roller to move the shaded box to the top under MIX. Rotate the roller until you get to Pos1, and set both values to +100% by pressing the roller, then rotating the roller while holding the aileron stick in one direction, then move the aileron stick in the other direction and repeat.
Flap to Aileron Mixing
Scroll through the menu until PROG. Mix 4 is highlighted and select it by pressing the roller. Press the CLR key to activate the mix, rotate the roller until the first channel is highlighted (it should say THRO), press down on the roller, rotate the roller until FLAP is highlighted, and press the roller again. Rotate the roller until the second channel is highlighted (it should say THRO), press down on the roller, rotate the roller until FPRN is highlighted, and press the roller again. Rotate the roller until FM2 is highlighted, and press the roller to move the shaded box to the top under FM2. Rotate the roller until you get to Pos1, press down on the roller, Move the flap switch to the LAND or full down position (Flight Mode 2) and set the percentage as necessary to get the ailerons to move up ¾” as mentioned in the manual.

I saved it aswell, here you go.

-Snuts-
Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Checklst

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

Perhaps someone smarter than me can figure out Horizon's website but I can't. I have the X9303 which is same as XP9303 and X9503. On the XP9303/X9303 support page there was a pdf download to setup the ultra stick 120. I have it printed but can no longer find it on the Horizon site. If anyone else can find it and post the link it gives step by step ultra stick set up. In fact, it is great for any dual aileron a flap servo wing set up. I'm sure it may be what codimasta posted above but more expansive.
Hear is a link to what HH use to have on there web page.......and I could not find it on HH site.

http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...rogramming.pdf
Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 AM
airbusdrvr

Snuts and Checkist demonstrate that at least two people are smarter than me at saving on tbe computer and finding on Horizon's site the needed info. Thanks guys