Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipe 7 Pro: Which AnyLink Cable...and/or Tx Settings Needed

Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipe 7 Pro: Which AnyLink Cable...and/or Tx Settings Needed

I'm a little lost here. Please don't ping-pong me by saying "this is a Flyzone issue"...and then they'll say "it's a Hitec problem"; seems to me it's up to YOU to tell us how to work w/this popular new system, as this radio came out after the AnyLink module, its cables and its instructions did.

Got an Flyzone Playmate w/free AnyLink. I did some research, and it SEEMED that people were saying you need the TACM0005 cable...the one w/the stereo jack and the LiFe battery. Battery's charged, everything properly plugged in, powered up the plane & could NOT get any connection with the plane.

I tried every permutation/combination of the Tx power on & off (pretty sure it would be on), plugging the stereo jack into the trainer jack before & after powering up the Tx, and connecting the plane's battery before & after turning the Tx on. And in doing that, I got the Tx to show both the 'Master' and 'Slave' settings, and then flipped & held the trainer switch with each of those, too.

No go.

Do I need to change any of the Tx settings or switches?

Of course, the advice could just be off & I should be using the TSM0004 cable, the one for the Aurora 9. After all, the E-7Pro seems to share a lot of stuff w/the Aurora (training jack, battery/voltage, etc.). But the advice seemed pretty convincing about the need for the battery (which the ...0005 version has). BTW, the 0004 cable has two male 'servo plugs', and would go into the slot next to the trainer jack on the Tx (for software updates and data downloading data)....but on the Aurora, it goes onto bare prongs that are in some nook in back.

UPDATE: looking at what the 0005 cable seems to be, I rigged up two old 3-wire servo cords back2back and tried going from the data jack in the E-Pro 7 to the AnyLink....no LED came on the module. Flipped one of the plugs, still nada. You or GP wouldn't be annoying enough to re-arrange the 3 wire/male2male lead where the middle lead one one connector doesn't match the middle lead in the other...would you? If not, looks like if I can't get the 0005 cable to work, I'm SOL

Please help me out...thanks!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eclipe 7 Pro: Which AnyLink Cable...and/or Tx Settings Needed

ORIGINAL: Deandome
I'm a little lost here. Please don't ping-pong me by saying "this is a Flyzone issue"...and then they'll say "it's a Hitec problem"; seems to me it's up to YOU to tell us how to work w/this popular new system, as this radio came out after the AnyLink module, its cables and its instructions did.
Got an Flyzone Playmate w/free AnyLink. I did some research, and it SEEMED that people were saying you need the TACM0005 cable...the one w/the stereo jack and the LiFe battery. Battery's charged, everything properly plugged in, powered up the plane & could NOT get any connection with the plane.
I tried every permutation/combination of the Tx power on & off (pretty sure it would be on), plugging the stereo jack into the trainer jack before & after powering up the Tx, and connecting the plane's battery before & after turning the Tx on. And in doing that, I got the Tx to show both the 'Master' and 'Slave' settings, and then flipped & held the trainer switch with each of those, too.
No go.
Do I need to change any of the Tx settings or switches?
Of course, the advice could just be off & I should be using the TSM0004 cable, the one for the Aurora 9. After all, the E-7Pro seems to share a lot of stuff w/the Aurora (training jack, battery/voltage, etc.). But the advice seemed pretty convincing about the need for the battery (which the ...0005 version has). BTW, the 0004 cable has two male 'servo plugs', and would go into the slot next to the trainer jack on the Tx (for software updates and data downloading data)....but on the Aurora, it goes onto bare prongs that are in some nook in back.
UPDATE: looking at what the 0005 cable seems to be, I rigged up two old 3-wire servo cords back2back and tried going from the data jack in the E-Pro 7 to the AnyLink....no LED came on the module. Flipped one of the plugs, still nada. You or GP wouldn't be annoying enough to re-arrange the 3 wire/male2male lead where the middle lead one one connector doesn't match the middle lead in the other...would you? If not, looks like if I can't get the 0005 cable to work, I'm SOL Please help me out...thanks!
1. Extract from Hitec Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro FAQ :
. Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro - Tactic Anylink Setup
and as in post #6 by a user:
"
For others following this thread, the anylink works fine on the Eclipse pro by using the adaptor cord which contains the battery. As Alan suggests the diode in the charging circuit does prevent using the internal Eclipse battery for anylink so you need the anylink cable which has the attached LiFe battery.
You simply connect the stereo plug to the trainer socket on the eclipse pro then plug the "servo" type plug into the anylink and you are ready to go. I even made up a plastic plate which I attach to the handle of the eclipse so I dont have to install velcro on the radio. "

2. "seems to me it's up to YOU to tell us how to work w/this popular new system
"
Hitec RCD gives every possible assistance with their own products but it is not up to any manufacturer
to assist with After Market Accessories.

Tactic/Anylink is a Futaba System and as Futaba USA state with regard to use of afternarket items with Futaba units:
""Futaba cannot assure that non-Futaba equipment
is fully-compatible with other items of Futaba equipment[/url].
Futaba can only guarantee that Futaba components will work together without difficulties
-Bax,(Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America) "
Similar responses can be quoted from the other major maufacturers. i.e.
Aftermarket accessories are the responsibility of the user and manufacturer of such units
if that manufacturer says it will work with the desired equipment.

3. Later, noticed Crosspost
under RCU's Futaba Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum >> Can I Connect AnyLink to Eclipse 7 Pro? If so, HOW?
= answered with copy this post.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Deandome

I saw that thread, Alan, that's the advice I mentioned in my first post. But as you say, you haven't tried this so you don't know if it works. You're taking the word of "#6" who is the only one who's said that it works. Well it's ONE guy, and I'm not sure I believe him, because.....

As I said, I HAVE the 0005 cable w/the LiFe battery attached (and fully charged). And I tried EVERY combination of steps possible re. connecting all the cables and connecting the plane's battery; i.e. plug stereo jack into training port, then connect to AnyLink, then connect plane battery, then turn on the Tx power switch (as nothing happened when the switch was off, even though the LCD comes alive as expected).

Then I'd try attaching the cable to AnyLink first, THEN the training jack....and trying this with the plane battery already attached, and then trying it where I connect the plane's batt after the Tx stuff is active.

NOTHING WORKS!!

I know the plane & AnyLink module work, as everything is perfect when I do this with an old Futaba FM radio (and the order of connections doesn't matter one bit). And I know my radio's training port is fine, as I buddy box with it all the time!! Also, it should be noted that the 'stereo plug' on the 0005 is not actually stereo; it's only one 'channel' (metal/insulating band/metal), where the Hitec training cord has two channels (metal/insulating band/metal/insulating bang/metal)...but the overall lengths ARE the same.

There are 3 options here; 1) the 0005 cable is defective (not the battery/power lead, though as the AnyLink does power up fine). 2) The guy in 'Post # 6' is dead wrong or lying & the Eclipse Pro 7 just doesn't work w/AnyLink. Or 3) I need to adjust some menu setting and/or one of the many switches on the Tx in a particular way in order to make it work.

That's why I really want/need a manufacturer and/or someone who can say "I did this, and this is how I did it" to chime in. Or try it yourself, Alan, and tell me what happens.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Deandome I saw that thread, Alan, that's the advice I mentioned in my first post. But as you say, you haven't tried this so you don't know if it works. You're taking the word of "#6" who is the only one who's said that it works. Well it's ONE guy, and I'm not sure I believe him, because.....
As I said, I HAVE the 0005 cable w/the LiFe battery attached (and fully charged). And I tried EVERY combination of steps possible re. connecting all the cables and connecting the plane's battery; i.e. plug stereo jack into training port, then connect to AnyLink, then connect plane battery, then turn on the Tx power switch (as nothing happened when the switch was off, even though the LCD comes alive as expected).
Then I'd try attaching the cable to AnyLink first, THEN the training jack....and trying this with the plane battery already attached, and then trying it where I connect the plane's batt after the Tx stuff is active.
NOTHING WORKS!!
I know the plane & AnyLink module work, as everything is perfect when I do this with an old Futaba FM radio (and the order of connections doesn't matter one bit). And I know my radio's training port is fine, as I buddy box with it all the time!! Also, it should be noted that the 'stereo plug' on the 0005 is not actually stereo; it's only one 'channel' (metal/insulating band/metal), where the Hitec training cord has two channels (metal/insulating band/metal/insulating bang/metal)...but the overall lengths ARE the same.
There are 3 options here; 1) the 0005 cable is defective (not the battery/power lead, though as the AnyLink does power up fine). 2) The guy in 'Post # 6' is dead wrong or lying & the Eclipse Pro 7 just doesn't work w/AnyLink. Or 3) I need to adjust some menu setting and/or one of the many switches on the Tx in a particular way in order to make it work.
That's why I really want/need a manufacturer and/or someone who can say "I did this, and this is how I did it" to chime in. Or try it yourself, Alan, and tell me what happens. Thanks.
1. "I know the plane & AnyLink module work <snip> with an old Futaba FM radio "
A Futaba product, it must work with Futaba transmitters as explained under para two previous post.
Being an aftermarket accessory for all other brands, do not expect any support from JR, Airtronics,
Hitec or any other brand.
Futaba do provide a list of Anylink Compatible Transmitters.,
copy part page attached, attached with recent AnyLink manual V2 (tacj2000-manual-v2) and extracts therefrom and the TACM0005 Manual
to which Eclipse 7 Pro users are referred and instructed to read "Eclipse" in lieu of Spektrum throughout the manual.

Since original post, Futaba have amended their list and now include
"Optic 5, Optic 6 Sport & Eclipse 7 (2.4GHz) with TACM0005** or TACM0008+"
Have not seen TACM0008+ anywhere before today, nor is it listed on their retail outlet Tower Hobbies webpage:
Tower Anylink page which shows only
". Optic 5 & 6 Sport 2.4GHz, Eclipse 7 2.4GHz, optional cable TACM0005"

2. From post #1. " I rigged up two old 3-wire servo cords back2back and tried going from the data jack in the E-Pro 7"
Never ever plug anything other than an Hitec HPP-22 interface or Hitec Telemetry units into the dataport as this could damage the Eclipse .

3. The guy in 'Post # 6' is dead wrong or lying .
Strong words, more than just GeneR have reported back that their system operates AOK.

4. "Try it yourself, Alan, and tell me what happens." Tactic Anylink systems have never been seen in this country..
If you had checked my web page and history, you would have seen that I have provided much input on Hitec
and other trainer systems - not always necessary to have direct access...
If you have followed the manual (copy attached hereto) with regard to the use of the TACM0005, and the
Eclipse 7 Pro Simulator setup, then you may have a faulty unit.
Note: The Anylink TACM0005 system uses a Mono plug, not a Stereo trainer plug, which is correct as the Eclipse
is being used in a similar fashion to when used with a Simulator Interface

Please contact your Anylink service centre for further infomation or service.
================================================== ==========
07 Jan 2013:
Added jpg showing TACM0008 still not available ex factory.
(a power lead with fitting for user's own battery)

Alan T.
</snip>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99354.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1837123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15081.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1837125  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Up49160.pdf (154.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf
Qn38241.pdf (123.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Deandome

Is the Eclipse 7 2.4mhz always/only the 'Pro' model, or did they have a 2/4 version of the older model?

Looking at the 0008 cable, it's the same as the 0005 save for it has a battery connector vs a battery, so I don't think that'll make a difference

I tried to digest your thread/instructions but it mostly talks about getting the right cables and if & when you turn the power on the Tx when you plug stuff in. I tried every option w/that already w/the 0005, so I'm wondering if there are any other 'settings' I need to adjust in the menus or switches? Because whenever I plug in the stereo jack, I see "Master" or "Slave", depending on whether the power is on when you plug it in....do you get that when you're running a simulator?

Again, when I hook everything up w/the Tx power off, the LCD on the Tx fires up fine, and the LED on the AnyLink goes on....it's just the plane that sits there doing nothing.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Deandome Is the Eclipse 7 2.4mhz always/only the 'Pro' model, or did they have a 2/4 version of the older model?
Looking at the 0008 cable, it's the same as the 0005 save for it has a battery connector vs a battery, so I don't think that'll make a difference
I tried to digest your thread/instructions but it mostly talks about getting the right cables and if & when you turn the power on the Tx when you plug stuff in. I tried every option w/that already w/the 0005, so I'm wondering if there are any other 'settings' I need to adjust in the menus or switches? Because whenever I plug in the stereo jack, I see "Master" or "Slave", depending on whether the power is on when you plug it in....do you get that when you're running a simulator?
Again, when I hook everything up w/the Tx power off, the LCD on the Tx fires up fine, and the LED on the AnyLink goes on....it's just the plane that sits there doing nothing.
"Again, when I hook everything up w/the Tx power off, the LCD on the Tx fires up fine, and the LED on the AnyLink goes on..
..it's just the plane that sits there doing nothing."

-Indicates link between the Eclipse 7 Pro & AnyLink unit is set but the receiver has not been linked.
refer "Bind to your Tactic Rx". page 7 AnyLink manual V2, attached previous post #4

Also as in post #4, Please contact your Anylink service centre for further infomation or service.

Alan T.
O&O.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM
A.T.

Bax has just posted a response on the Tactic & AnyLink Forum:
quote:

ORIGINAL: Bax
There is a lot of incorrect information in the above posts.
If your Eclipse 7 is the one on 2.4 GHz, you'll want to use this adaptor:
TACM0008 ANYLINK CABLE SPEK DEANS MICRO US$2.99
This adaptor requires the use of a 2-cell LiFE battery pack, which is not included. It has a Deans Micro connector for the battery connection.
Please see the tech notes here: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0008&search=Go
The TACM0005 is not intended to be used with the Hitec Eclipse transmitter.
Tactic equipment is not manufactured by Futaba, and is not connected with Futaba in any way.m

Thanks Bax,

My apologies for any confusion regarding Futaba connection, this was because original discussions
appeared under the Futaba support page.
Accordngly please read above references as "Hobbico Tactic"" in lieu of Futaba..

"The TACM0005 is not intended to be used with the Hitec Eclipse transmitter."
but is still listed as such on Tactic AnyLink site as pictured post #4.
(Modular 2.4GHz Eclipse (non Pro) has a 6 pin DINplug so is excluded)

Thank you for the new link, TACM0008 was not found on any Tower Hobbies or other searches prior to this a.m.
TACM0008 appears to be simply an amended TACM005, which only this am has had some of the reference to Spektrum & Htec Tx removed, as attached.
TACM0008 permits owner to use own batteries, and is listed with the same transmitters that used to be published under TACM0005, i.e..
"This is the Tactic AnyLink SLT 2.4GHz Round Adapter Cable for use with the
Spektrum DX4e, DX5e, DX7, DX8, DX10t and DX18
and the Hitec 2.4GHz Optima 5, 2.4GHz Optima 6 Sport, & 2.4GHz Eclipse 7 Pro
Transmitters by using an optional 2S LiPo or LiFe battery.
When using the AnyLink Power Adapter, do not turn the transmitter
power switch on at any time while operating the model. This will
cause the AnyLink to stop sending signals to the Tactic receiver."

However, will now amend all own references that "TACM0008" is to be used with appropriate 2.4GHz Hitec transmitters.

Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87022.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1837935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84297.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1837936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46342.jpg