Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Hobby King

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King

Venom has some good batteries and their shipping is a lot cheaper than Hobby Krap.

Frank
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in agreement with Oliver above as to the customs thing.

I have had stuff come from HK and other iverseas vendors that have talen 10 days and other thing take 2 months. I ordered a coupe of spinners from YT international in England but had my order split...ordered 1 in the amtheir time and then decided that I wanted a 3blade also so I placed that oreder in the pm. On the second order they said the first one had gone out already and gave me the tracking and that the next one would go out in the morning. I kept up with the tracking and they both hit Jacksonvile, FL, USA on the same day 4 & 5 days after shipping respectively. One arrived to me 2 days later and the next one 3 weeks after that. Not always a slow vendor causing long transit times.

Hope you see them at your door tomorrow anyway!!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always check the US warehouse first - it takes a few days to ship.

Or try this:

www.valuehobby.com

I bought 2 ARFs, servos, batteries and they have a great quality and fast shipping from Illinios
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM
speed20
My Feedback: (31)

I stopped ordering from them about 3 years ago. Nothing like working on a project and getting shut down for 3-4 weeks waiting for parts!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Kozzy_98

For me (an Aussie) the shipping is fairly straightforward.

When you place a LiPo in your order Hobbyking ships it with SingPost and they are absolutely *****!
Otherwise, HongKong Post works well for me. I have had orders come in 7 days from HK to my door which is quite good.

Ofcourse, buy what you can from your local warehouse (USA, AUS, etc)

The only thing I have had arrive faulty was a turnigy neckstrap but who cares? Its only a neckstrap, after all....

Also do as much as you can to stay away from backorders. Place 2 orders if you need to.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can anyone screw up a neck strap? Just bad quality control? Or just a junk item? Sorry you wasted your money on it.

You could have gotten a neck strap from your local hobby shop. It may have cost you a little more, but hey! At least you have gotten what you paid for.

That's one of the problems with Hobby King, you save a little, but with what you save, you spend it on junk that can't be used because it's either junk or damaged. Either case, Hobby King won't help you out because we all know that Anthony Hand doesn't not believe in Customer Service. He's got your money and that's all he cares about.

I think I will pay a little more and enjoy the items I pay for.

Frank
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 AM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Venom has some good batteries and their shipping is a lot cheaper than Hobby Krap.

Frank
I will 2nd that. I've used Venom 5S 5000mah packs last season. So far so good. I am ordering a few more sets this year. Warranty service from Venom is also very good. All my packs are in storage mode until end of March. Hope to wake them up a little early for Kyosho Osmose 70 E-conversion finishes end of this month.

My experience at Hobby King orders so far took about a week and a half to two weeks for express shipping. Some motors came with mounting holes without threads. Their packaging got better, but still not really good enough with items moving inside.
Stock status on some items were totally wrong. In stock at the time of order doesn't mean, you will get the item. Stock status seems to include those already sold, but not shipped yet.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 AM
byrne1157

I am pretty sure lipos cannot be shipped by air, so, slow boat from china. only place to order batteries from that doesn't cost you a small fortune. I have 2 rules for ordering from HobbyKING,  1). Check usa warehouse first, because it's faster by at least a week. 2). Never order a backstock item, unless it's high-demand, takes forever to get it.
 I also order batteries from Hobbypartz, they are pretty reasonable.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 AM
wl7cpa

DAH? Does the sun rise in the morning?

Buy American....
Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: wl7cpa

Buy American....

What are ya' smokin'? American Lipos? American Lifos? American servos? American Radios? American receivers? American radio extensions?

We deal in the real world, la la land is for little kids...

Gerry
Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I checked US warehouse first said batteries was instock.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: wl7cpa

Buy American....
American's make LIPOs?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM
orcas flier

The one overseas order I've made from HK took about 4 weeks to arrive. What was most aggravating was the +1 week the package spent in customs in San Fran. I live in Washington state where the HKUS warehouse happens to be located. I get USwarehouse orders in 3-4 days but have also received them the next day!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 AM
wallace.tharp

[quote]ORIGINAL: Flyer88

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

overseas buying is not the best for the usa
[/quote

Neither is a inflated US economy good for consumers !
Agreed: let's go with the Canuck buck! Loonie I believe you-all call it. Joking aside, It's a lot more solid than our dollar right now! What do you guys pay for shipping compaired to us? wallace.tharp
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 PM
xrboss

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

For me (an Aussie) the shipping is fairly straightforward.

When you place a LiPo in your order Hobbyking ships it with SingPost and they are absolutely *****!
Otherwise, HongKong Post works well for me. I have had orders come in 7 days from HK to my door which is quite good.

Ofcourse, buy what you can from your local warehouse (USA, AUS, etc)

The only thing I have had arrive faulty was a turnigy neckstrap but who cares? Its only a neckstrap, after all....

Also do as much as you can to stay away from backorders. Place 2 orders if you need to.
I agree, very little choice for LiPo in OZ.

A order from the local warehouse has arrived in three days, and freight is cheap.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
jetmech43

Well finally got my batteries, had the wife pick the box up at the post office, she said the box looks like it was kicked from Singapore with an anvil on top of it, I will have to open it when I get home to see if the batteries are fubar.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM
wallace.tharp

ORIGINAL: jetmech43

Well finally got my batteries, had the wife pick the box up at the post office, she said the box looks like it was kicked from Singapore with an anvil on top of it, I will have to open it when I get home to see if the batteries are fubar.
And, and, how were they? I jut ordered my 45 electric Jens Ace motor & ESC from Hobbypartz. Don't ever try to get those folks on the phone! See how it goes. I think they ship from Ca. wallace.tharp
Old 01-10-2013, 03:29 PM
jetmech43

they look ok they were wrapped in bubble rap, dont see any damage
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Flyer88

[quote]ORIGINAL: wallace.tharp

ORIGINAL: Flyer88

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

overseas buying is not the best for the usa
[/quote

Neither is a inflated US economy good for consumers !
Agreed: let's go with the Canuck buck! Loonie I believe you-all call it. Joking aside, It's a lot more solid than our dollar right now! What do you guys pay for shipping compaired to us? wallace.tharp
My shipping cost is usually about $12 to 20. My stuff arrives in about one to two weeks. Lately things have been very predictable with their shipping times. Im very happy.
Yes our Dollar is doing well and our economy seems pretty solid in Alberta. Housing prices have stabilized and seem to be on a slight rise...not much,maybe 3 to 4%. We are a petrolium based economy, and thing are looking up !
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 AM
NeilRivera

Jetmech43 you might want to try the SkyLipos from Hobbypartz.com. Shipping is definitely faster than HK and the prices are very close plus the quality of Skylipo is really good...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM
jetmech43

Thanks Neil I will check them out