Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

I have some front cases here that were traded in for the 30cc.

They are used and have the crank and bearings installed, If you want one sent about $7.00 for shipping and i will send you one.

Milton

ORIGINAL: JVB

I was flying my JC 28 Evo this weekend. The engine has run flawlessly to this point. During my first flight, it started sounding different, so I landed. The prop hub was loose (had play from side to side). The front bearing was spinning in the housing. Tore the engine down today and the front bearing fell out. You could easily see that it had been turning in the case. The internals of the engine were perfect. Plenty of oil, etc. Piston looked great. I probably have no more than two gallons of fuel through it. How should the crank be removed from the rear bearing? Is the case trashed as I assume that a new bearing will not fit tightly anymore? If I need a new case, does anyone still carry parts for the 28? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi And good evening

I have the issue of the , " tlt and die " on my JC-28 . Do I need to change the reeds , " and OR " , put in a new carb kit . I have the WT-805 carb

Help would be appreciated here ,............. Thanks

Michel
Old 10-26-2012, 09:07 AM
jasburrito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have jc 30 with frank bowman ring. It spins a vess 19b at 7300 hot. I have found the tilt and gurgle goes away after you do many rolls. Keep rolling and knife edging, it goes away. Mine runs realy good. I also did reed block mod,modded choke like normal engine,updated cylinder head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9WM-...lgfZDzY6uWToVg
cheers
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM
R/C Addiction

I also have a JC 28 with the tilt-and-die issue...I have changed out both the reeds and the carburetor and I still have the same problem...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM
jasburrito

low end to fat. lean out low till it will not start. then 1 or 2 hours out. Info from zipp tuning forum. good luck
Old 10-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Michel

ORIGINAL: jasburrito

low end to fat. lean out low till it will not start. then 1 or 2 hours out. Info from zipp tuning forum. good luck
Hi

Don,t you mean Xipp tuning form .

Michel
Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Michel

Hi

Well ,..................... right

From what I have learned ,......... the Walbro 805 carb is for an engine in the 40cc to 45cc range . Way too large , I think this would explane the , " tilt and die " issue . From what I,ve read about JC engines ,......... they put anthing together , to get it out the door

Has anyone tryed a DLE 30cc carb ?

Michel
Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 AM
R/C Addiction

Yes sir, I tried the DLE 30 carburetor on my JC 28 and there was no change...the engine runs great as long as you keep the aircraft horizontal...with my efforts at changing the carb and the reeds the problem has improved but it is nonetheless still present....I followed the Xipp tuning procedure after each solution I tried. I firstly changed out the carb with a new DLE 30 from Tower and when that didn't solve the problem I obtained a new reed block with new reeds from Kevin (China). It will be another few weeks before I can try leaning out the low end more as I work overseas and won't be back until the middle of December. I currently have mine installed in a Giant Mud Duck MKII and I have an abnormally high idle set which allows me to fly the plane but the engine is not operating as it should. The engine has great transition and good power...if I could just fix the tilt issue I would be happy. It doesn't change speed or quit at idle when pointed up, only when the nose is pointed down....???
Old 10-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Michel

Hi
You sound determined , as I am stubborn . Well like I mentioned . I have a , carb, valve , set-up from a DLE-35RA . I will surely let to know .

And thank you for youre time to resolve this JC-28 .

Michel
Old 10-27-2012, 10:05 AM
R/C Addiction

Good luck my friend...my engine is flyable but I won't put it in another plane...the high idle the Mud Duck requires allows me to use it...just irritates the p-turkey out of me...

Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Michel

Hi

That makes two of us ,.... you are not alone . I believe the problem is , " pooling " . I,m a little slow at doing things ,... but I am determined .

Thanks

When I find something ,....... you will know also .

Michel
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM
jasburrito

my jc evo 30 runs mint. gusting 30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhfhp...lgfZDzY6uWToVg
1500 to 7400 vess 19b. 10 pound 540.
But ya I think there is pooling too.
Over 40 flights and never had a dead stick. After some rolls and knifes the fatness is way less.
Runs as good or better than any gassers at my field! I would not buy another just because of the choke setup.think mintor has the same. I stole some parts off a diff carb to make right.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Michel

Hi

Got in contact with JC engines ,......................... our 28cc is worth paperweght . And,................ they want $250 ( shipping ncluded ) for a 30cc .

I find this very very funny . Because there 30cc doen,t match up to the DLE 30

Hello DLE 30 , good bye JC

Michel
Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 PM
R/C Addiction

michel gravelle,
You and I must be on a parallel mental universe!! I figured, why not contact JC engines and give it a try...see what they will do...what is the worst they could tell me? I was told that for the small sum of $200 dollars plus shipping they would provide me with a new JC 30cc....and as a bonus I would get to keep my JC 28!!! "The reason we did like this is we want you to continue enjoy the JC engines!" In their defense...my engine was surely out of warranty....but a known and well documented defective product is still just that....live and continue to learn...I will eventually replace it with a DLE 30...[8D]
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Michel

Hi

Word for word ,............................... thats exactly what I got . Great support , like a cement mattress . I will never speak well of JC .

The least they could of done , is help us repair the 28 , and tell us whats wrong .

It,s just a hobby ,.......................... let it go .

Michel
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 AM
R/C Addiction

Well, my JC 28cc died today and not from a crash or neglect. It probably had about 3 gallons through it which isn't much time for a gasoline engine. I was flying along with it in my Mud Duck when the engine just slowed down and quit for no apparent reason. The engine still turns over fine but it wouldn't start or even fire. I am guessing that the ignition crapped out but I haven't done any trouble shooting. I am done with this engine and JC in general. I have had enough with trying to get this thing to run right. I now have a good door stop and conversation piece for anyone that asks.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 AM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

RC, If I might askhow is the compression when you turn it over?Thanks,Bill
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 AM
RCplanman

Jas, I'm a little late on reading this bt wondered could/would you take a photo of your carb/chock set-up on your
-JC 28? Thanks, Bill
Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 AM
labor7

Hi, I think I read almost all pages from this thread and did several searches too, to find a solution for the "tilt and die" Issue.
But it seems there is no real solution that can fix it 100% so far or did I overlook something?
So I did some investigation and found a really simple solution. I think it's worth to try it in case you are experiencing this kind of problem. [link=http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/273300-JC-28-EVO-(Baytec-Area28Evo)-wer-kennt-bzw.-nutzt-den-Motor?p=2990196&viewfull=1#post2990196]Click[/link]
Just turn the carburetor 180° that the metering diaphragm is in upright position. It seems it doesn't like the downward/ hanging position due to gravity reasons. (keep in mind you have to re adjust the carb.)
It fixed the problem completely on my engine.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: R/C Addiction

Well, my JC 28cc died today and not from a crash or neglect. It probably had about 3 gallons through it which isn't much time for a gasoline engine. I was flying along with it in my Mud Duck when the engine just slowed down and quit for no apparent reason. The engine still turns over fine but it wouldn't start or even fire. I am guessing that the ignition crapped out but I haven't done any trouble shooting. I am done with this engine and JC in general. I have had enough with trying to get this thing to run right. I now have a good door stop and conversation piece for anyone that asks.

Hi

Youre not the only one buddy ,.................. they make great paper weights . JC can go to a place , " FAR FAR AWAY "|

Michel

And lets not forget YDA ,....................... PURE GARBAGE
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 AM
R/C Addiction

RC, If I might ask how is the compression when you turn it over?Thanks,Bill
Bill, the compression seemed normal for this particular engine. Even after it died. Let me explain...as I have noticed variable compression with this engine. Sometimes the engine felt like it had very little compression (to almost none) and other times it seemed to be better, but it has never had the compression of my other gas engines (SPE 43, RCGF 15, RCGF 20, RCGF 26 and JBA 15). It seemed to run pretty good at 1/3 throttle and above regardless of the observed compression so I didn't really pay much attention. The engine would set for a few months while I was at work overseas and when I returned and ran the engine the compression seemed to increase a bit but never approached the compression of my other engines. Curious as to why you asked? Do you think the compression has anything to do with the issues I/others experienced?
Jeff
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 AM
RCplanman

Hi Jeff, I asked because I've never had a gas engin die.I've used ZENEAH for 30 yrs w/out a problem...except they do have the carb hanging out the side,...and that's a problemon the newer models.. Bill

Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM
R/C Addiction

Well I was bored today without a whole lot to do and I am a naturally curious person so I set out to find out why my JC 28cc died on my last flight. I changed out the ignition battery, bypassed the electronic ignition cut off switch..all the routine troubleshooting stuff but it still wouldn't start. I also had a good spark with every rotation of the crankshaft. I had no idea what was wrong. So I removed the engine thinking it had to be the carburetor. When I removed the carb the issue became clear as day...one of the thin metal reeds had fractured and was ingested into the engine...nice! As you can see by the pictures the engine is pretty much ruined...no big loss. In my quest to see if I could get this thing to run right I had purchased a reed block for an XYZ 26cc (I believe) listening to someone on RCU who said they were interchangeable and decided to see if it would run again. I removed the jug and flushed out the whole engine of all the small metal pieces and bits and reassembled it. I will have to wait 24 hours for the gasket material to cure and I will try to see what it does. Will report back in a day or so when I get a chance to try and start it. What is the worst that could happen? Maybe the alternative reed design will make a difference with the tilt and die issue.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68155.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1838364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93474.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1838365   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26823.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1838366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd88327.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1838367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm74886.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1838368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dt18940.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1838369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mo15476.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1838370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yx81125.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1838371  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gf68309.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1838372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fr80123.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1838373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd25941.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1838374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pz12397.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1838375  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM
JVB
My Feedback: (2)

That'll do it. Very interesting. I have two of these and they run great. Did have to replace the front housing on one as the bearing was spinning in it. However, I couldn't ask for easier starting and better running engines.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 AM
R/C Addiction

It started up but only with the help of an electric starter. I can't hand start it anymore. As expected the compression is almost non-existent now. I got the engine tuned and it is putting out 6600 RPM with an 18X8 prop. Not too bad considering all of the carnage inside. It runs surprisingly well considering all the issues it has. I leaned out the low end as much as possible while still maintaining a decent transition. The tilt and slow down/die issue is still present so its not the reeds (tried two additional reed sets as well as the stock ones and replaced the stock carb with a DLE 30 carb). I do believe that I have tried everything within my abilities to remedy the tilt and slow down/die issue so the issue has to be inherent in the design. This will fly my Mud Duck MK II until I get a chance to replace it with a DLE 30.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.