Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Tiporary

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 AM
rickbucc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiporary

I have a unbelieveable model. It's a original Tiporary Pattern plane. If you know this plane, you know how rare and great it is. It was never finished. All that needs completeion is the aileron, rudder
and elevator installed. It has a fiberglass fuse. and an-hedrial tail. Retracts are installed with the old fast track wheels.
I am looking to sell this to the highest offer. I do not know of the manufacturer.

Not sure of the actual value of this, But would appreciate info.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Tiporary

Rick,

The plane is called a Tiporare. It was designed by Dick Hanson and there were several versions of the design. If you do a search on this forum, you will find many threads.

In order to evaluate it, you might want to post some good pictures including close ups. Also describe any equipment used by manufacturer (e.g., retracts). Critical is the way the foam core surfaces were built and the state of the skins - are they fully bonded everywhere or is it delaminating? Is the sheeting smooth or dented? What type of glue was used? How much do they weigh? Are the wing and stab joined and glassed? What engine and mount was or is installed?

All these kind of details affect the value. As far as "highest bidder" goes, I'd suggest moving that type of sale to the auction site. If you want to sell it here, set a price and accept offers.

They can be "easily had" nowadays as fuse molds and cores exist as well as plans for a built up wood fuse.

I hope this helps.

David

PS The model in my avatar is a Tipo 720 also known as the classic version since it was the first. Different variations followed with increasing wing areas and fuse lengths, generally speaking.