Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Castle-Reedy question

Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM
oldbugs
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castle-Reedy question

I have a new to me MMP with a Reedy motor, the Esc takes 4mm bullets the motor has 3.5 mm bullets. What's the easiest way to make this work? I've tried soldering bullets to a BL motor before with no luck. Do I change the 4mm on the Esc to 3.5? Can I make some sort of adapter between the two? Thanks Kelly
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Default RE: Castle-Reedy question

You wouldn't change the connectors on the ESC that will unnecessarily toss your warranty out the window. It would be much easier to install the proper size male connectors on the motor leads. Or if you don't want to do that make a quick short adapter with male for the ESC and female for the motor.

The motor should be quite easy to work on, either adding new leads to solder tabs if equipped or replacing existing bullets.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
oldbugs
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Castle-Reedy question

Thanks, I just had my lhs change the bullets to match the Esc.