Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Flight Simulators

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 AM
conway1961

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Simulators

Im jumping into 6ch flying and im gonna start out with the simulator. I just purchased software for i already have the radio (devo 7) . I went and got Real Flight heli pak and i was told that i needed other sofware i order for that to work. Can i use realflight Basic? Im running it on Windows Vista
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Flight Simulators

A quick scan of the "Basic" page did not say anything about expansion packs. Maybe you could drop them a line.

[link]http://www.realflight.com/[/link]

Rafael
Old 01-07-2013, 02:53 PM
dooleyje

The basic can not be expanded so you get what you get. That said it is a real nice program and you can learn to fly just as well. I really prefer the Phoenix as it has all of the popular helicopters and the down loads are free and the background seem to be brighter. It is more of a heli pilots sim and the Realflight is more of an airplane sim... at least to me.

Jim
Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are enough helis in the basic to bring you from basic training to well into 3D and anything in between.

Of course if you want a more upscale simulator you would have to spend more and get the likes of the Pheonix or the Real Flight 6.5 (my favorite). The expansion pack you got is made for the older Real Flight 6 and the current Real Flight 6.5.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
TakeshiSkunk

I'm gonna be the odd man out once again and say that I slightly prefer the feel of helis in RF to Phoenix, but they're both VERY close. Buy based on the other features, neither flight model will disappoint.

I really like RF all around, it's great as a training aid and also a lot of fun to just mess around with.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TakeshiSkunk

I'm gonna be the odd man out once again and say that I slightly prefer the feel of helis in RF to Phoenix, but they're both VERY close. Buy based on the other features, neither flight model will disappoint.

I really like RF all around, it's great as a training aid and also a lot of fun to just mess around with.
Not odd man out as from my post above, I also prefer the Real Flight Sim.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
conway1961

Thank you for the help,I went with Phoenix and looking forward to start flying again.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 AM
vtwinrider

I am assisting a friend with Realflight or Phoenix. Currently he is running Realflight 5.5 on an old PC but is considering upgrading both. What he wants to purchase a new Laptop but is concerned if the programs will operate glitch free with a Acer computer (I5 Intel processor with intergrated video). Does anyone have experience integrated video with the simulators?