Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

huge scale FE race boats

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

huge scale FE race boats

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:06 PM
twissted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: huge scale FE race boats

Here is the best place to buy bad boy motors guy,s horracing.com this is the best boat parts pricing and the best service as well. Look at what I run and here are the specs. as well.
SSS 5694 6 pole 1200kv motor. Come with water cooling jacket. Motor mount not included.
Type: 5694
KV: 1200
Y/D: 2.5D
Max Amp (A): 292
Max Volt (V): 41
Max Power (W): 12000
Max RPM: 50K
Non Load Current (A): 3.5
Shaft Diameter (mm): 8
Motor size diameter x length (mm): 56*94
Gross weight (g): 900

I payed 105.00 plus 23.00 for shipping that has them at your door in a week State side!
I run these in my 56" twin Catamaran that you see above and also in my 1/5 4x4 buggy. stupid power!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 PM
area51fe

Hor racing is great but with my motors they are capabale of handling 14s lipo with no problems.your motors max volt handling capabilities are 41v.my motors are 108v.One thing that i learned about motor winds is that a delta wind,are simply made to rpm higher with less torque,wye winds achieve torque but less on the rpm side.which is why i configuted my setup diffrently.delta winds are great,dont get me wrong but being able to thrust with torque especially pushing a slightly bigger prop without having to have cavitation problems,is something i really thought about and a wise pro rc boater once told me,is not how much volts you push that makes you faster,its having the right setup with minimal Volts that makes you go fast.so basically its not how big of a engine you have under the hood that makes you faster is how good of a driver you are.so i really learn alot from lots of backyard boaters to pro boaters.but speaking of the setup i have.i downgraded to a 1/4 drive line stepdown 3/16 shaft with a octura Y557.and a octura x447.standard rotation.so at 14s instead of 12s,i really think my boats will be fine.but just so you all know im selling both my red 53 inch mono brand new with a 10,000w motor with a 280 amp esc with the octura x447 and my 50 inch thunderbolt with custom paintjob by airbrush alley wuth the 12,000w motor with 400amp esc with 1/4 step down shaft with octura Y557 prop.all are brand new so reason im selling cause first of all i have to shut down my home biusness for a bit cause im deploying to afghanistan,yes i am in the army and it sucks for me.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:34 PM
twissted

You my be gone for awhile but yuo can still use the internet and you can make great contacts that us here that are state side can't possibly do. good luck and be safe.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM
area51fe

Thank you bro.i will stay safe.