Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Airborne Models

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Airborne Models

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 PM
koastrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airborne Models

A flying buddy asked me about Airborne Models. Over the years I have built a few for myself and helped friends. I found that they were a good planes for the price. It has been several years, 5 or so, sense I have had any dealing with this company. I would like to know what some of you think about these planes and the company. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Airborne Models

+1 on your comments!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have two of their planes, a skyraider II and a Paulistinha, both are great fliers. they still have some concerns with the covering and weak landing gear. I have been pleased with their planes, so have not had to deal with the company directly

Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 AM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

airborne models has some of the best planes out there, I just ordered a new canopy for my chipmunk from them, good service, the only problem is and I wish they would correct it, is they went to some really bad covering, my chippie came with monokote @ 8 years ago some time later they switched to low heat film that is not good, but that seems to be the norm with a lot of companies.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, even Monokote isn't as good as it used to be.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM
coronabob
My Feedback: (10)

Since past year or so, I have bought two 1/7 warbirds a P-47 and AT-6 Texan. Both planes fly very well. The quality is better than average. The retracts will rip out if not reinforced with ply braces, epoxy and such. Remove the retracts and reinforce the mounts as much as possible. Once done, I have had no problems even in an occasional ditch in the grass since we have hardtop runways.

The covering does not adhere as well as other well known brands but that depends on colors. Silver and black are not as good as yellow. The tail design is ugly in my opinion since they want to avoid having pockets for the horizontal stabs to go thru. That creates the ugly gap in the tail where the braces glue to the fuse.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Intruder from Airborne...it's my only plane from them so far. I would get another plane from them even though the quality is not best, nor covering. The plane however has a good solid design with decent hardware. What makes it all worthwhile is that the plane flies really really solid, straight, true, on rails, floats for landings, little or no coupling, etc. Jon
Old 01-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are pylon racing groups all around the country racing Airborne/World Models Sky Raider Mach II ARFs.

Kurt
Old 01-13-2013, 05:24 PM
mattokeol

I currently have two of their planes, a skyraider II and a Paulistinha, both are great fliers.