Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Beware - eBay scammer !

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Beware - eBay scammer !

ORIGINAL: ronwc
Australia is the best, very good buyers and have never had one ''lost''.
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!........
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 PM
mike109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oi .... Oi .... Oi ....

Did I really type that? It must be because I have just returned from Switzerland (great), Germany ( amazing ) and Italy (incredible - and I do mean incredible). I had heard that the driving and parking in Italy were "unusual" but you really have to see it. I think that just about every car in Rome is damaged at all four corners. Probably from parking. A real eye opener. And police everywhere. Mostly talking to each other. One even ignored a blatant bag snatch. Amazing stuff. And great to be back in Oz.

Mike from Oz
Old 01-13-2013, 10:59 PM
the pope

Obviously hasnt sent anything to this aussie , Im as shady as they come and by the way whats e#ay ? . cheers the pope
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 AM
ronwc
My Feedback: (404)

ORIGINAL: 74SEVEN7

Thanks for all the replies guys ! I have concluded (bitterly) that I have no chance of beating these PayPal ''Brown Shirts'', so have decided to pay their 30 pieces of silver, and cancel my account as soon as possible. They have all the bases covered and they make the rules to suit themselves, so nothing can be done. Whatever happened to business integrity and looking after loyal customers ?
Don't completely give up, keep an eye on the custom # you got when package was sent (starts with LK, #'s, and ends with US), not really a tracking # but will give you some idea when and where package was sent, if it comes up delivered, ebay and or paypal will give you back your money. Don't expect them to notify you of this, you have to find out yourself. It may take months to be delivered. To get #, go back to ebay and pull up item, then click shipping info.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
rlytle

First and foremost I am sorry to hear of your loss. My wife used to sell many items on ebay successfully for the most part. She was tipped off by an Italian buyer of Italy's strict customs laws. She ageed to ship to Italy only if the buyer took full responsibility if the item never arrived. She was told when shipping items to Italy to put on the customs form as an inexpensive personal gift. One of the items I know is prohibited by customs are toys. One Italian buyer in particular had made several purchases and received the items each time. The last time he did not receive the items valued at about $50. He was aware when he made the purchase that there was always the possibility that customs would confiscate the items. He did not file a claim and left positive feedback in spite of the loss. It is possible that Italian customs confiscated the item as prohibited. If you check USPS regulations for shipping internationally and then by country you can see all the restrictions for that country. In the case of Italy there are many prohibited items.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
JRAC19K
My Feedback: (4)

This is kind of off the topic. I once sold a O.S. 50 heli engine on ebay. The outside looks pretty close to new but it was used and I took good care of it. Well the ebay'er bought the engine and all was good.A week or two later I get an email from the guy saying he opened the engine and everything was worn and the engine was about the seize.He wanted me torefund him $80 whileIsold the engine for$130. This was obserbed.I told him sorry the engine was sold as is and wasinexcellent working condition. Well he decided to complain to Ebay and wanted all his money back.At this point Iwas pissed that this guy was trying to scam me.Keep inmind the photos of theengine were displayed on the auction and it didnt look discolored in any shapeor form. I wrote in my defense to Ebay and a few days later It was found in my favor. I never heard from this scammer again. Make sure you list all your engines"AS IS No Returns or Warranty" with lots of pictures!

This people prey on you thinking you are stupid. Watch yourself!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

been there and done that also, i got screwed out of 3 different motors and paypal refunded the first 2 buyers their money back, the last time i wised up and transferred the money from paypal account to my checking and took pickpocketpal and fleabay off automatic payments and sure enough a 3rd guy filed a claim for non delivery of an nib hanno os 61 and exhaust (450.00) 2-3 days after i shipped it by fed ex with tracking, payapl awarded the guy his refund almost immediately thereafter and said i owed them the 450.00 ( It showed up as delivered a day or 2 after paypal refunded the money) i told paypal and ebay because you don't stand behind the sellers and i have now lost the cash and the engines for the 3rd time in 2 years, i'm keeping my 450.00 and they can go to hell before they get another dime out of me. never used either of them anymore. never had any issues with usa buyers or australian buyers, just with european buyers from portugal,hungary and italy
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 PM
tiffitech

Hi Earl, nice that germany isn't on this list and maybe that's the cause that you made a mail relay for me once in the past :-)

I've send and received godds from several countries in the past, including suche as russia, morroco and other abroad.. but
I've lost 2 parcels (actually registered internationals letters) at USPS in the USA and one sent to France.
The track and trace from the german Deutsche Post oder DHL is ending at USPs in New york.
I got the insurance back which was around 41 Euros, the contents of the parcels where a pair of old Amperex Vacuum Tubes,
woth around $120.. but sending them as real parcel isn't economically at all.

Nevertheless, I'll keep dealing with the people there, **** just happens.

As for Ebay and Paypal, you're lost if you think the happyness of a customer (seller or buyer) is a problem for them at all,
money rules, and only money.

Kind Regards from Germany,

Holm aka tiffitech
Old 01-14-2013, 03:49 PM
spd101

been on there for 12 years and will only ship to USA , might not get top dollar, but less likely to get screwed. Hate to hear about the loss but i am sure you know trying to be nice you better get the KY ready
Old 01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

I'll tell you like I tell my crews.  If I give you a gun and tell you to walk into 7-11 and rob them.  Who is going to jail?   This is 2013!  The day of being the nice guy and doing favors and making the wrong choices just doesn't fly.  I'm sure you have been penalized beyond any lecture so don't take this wrong.  Your message is being very well received by people that might fall into the same scam as you.  Rule of internet selling.  ALWAYS ALWAYS and then ALWAYS require a signature for receipt!  INSURE INSURE INSURE!  No matter what the circumstance, cyoa!
I think two things have pushed me to my limits.  1.  Finding my newly purchase lap top in its box sitting on the bench by my front door being "confirmed delivered" .  That was a $3,000.00 package that was just left outside my door!@
2.  Driving up to the gas station at 5:00 am to fill up, seeing this probably 6 month pregnant girl with the nozzle in her tank, come crying over to me for some gas money because she forgot her purse at home then me being the generous guy, give her $10.00 and she strolls over, dumps the hose and nozzle on the ground and drives off as her POS boyfriend sits up in the passenger seat. .  HELLO   DUH  COLOR ME S T U P I D!.   This IS 2013!   I keep telling myself that!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an update on this mess - when eBay found in favour of my Italian friend, they immediately deducted the little over $300 that was in my PayPal account at the time. However, as the total amount I have to pay is over $600, I have a negative PayPal balance of US $326.62. PayPal sent me the following message today -

''It’s very important that you add money to your balance to address this urgently. Restoring your balance allows you to use PayPal again and avoid collections actions. If you do not repay the amount owed it may be passed to a Collections Agency, which could affect your credit rating. (If you’ve already repaid your negative balance please disregard this message.)''

What should I do ? BOB
Tell fee-bay-of-pigs that you will not pay the balance, and you want YOUR money back. Also, tell them that this is their problem, and if they can't get the money back from the scammer then, that is their "cost of duing business.

'
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 PM
74SEVEN7

OK, here's the latest in this sorry saga, and I only relate it because it may help someone else in the same situation. As per my stated intention above, I tried to pay PayPal's "blood money" of $300 but (believe it or not) the system would not allow it ! After clicking onto "Resolve your negative balance" (and I tried this at least 8 or 10 times) and reaching the final page where it asks for your credit card details, all I was presented with was a "Add Credit Card" button, which when pressed just told me that that credit card was already linked to my account. So I wrote a "polite" note to PayPal informing them of this, and this morning at 11:15 AM the phone rang. It was a guy from PayPal calling from Dublin, Ireland (I live in Australia) to kindly assist me in paying money into their coffers. I did give him an earful on what I thought of both eBay and PayPal, but to be fair, the guy sounded genuinely symphathetic to my case, and from the beginning of the conversation, he said the call was being recorded, so maybe (just maybe) they may review the case. What surprised me the most about all this, was the fact that (even though PayPal had all my credit card details) they could not just "take" the money without my consent. To do this he instructed me to click onto the "Send Money" tab, type in "[email protected]" and send one Australian cent (yes, that's $0.01). That made the $300 deficit disappear, and my account is now back in the black at $0.00 ! I'm so happy.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...18417&Itemid=8
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Patxipt

ORIGINAL: avidflyguy

never had any issues with usa buyers or australian buyers, just with european buyers from portugal,hungary and italy

Hey I resent that!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:32 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On a similar note:

PayPal has a policy to automatically side with buyer whenever an 'empty envelope' claim is made, even when USPS delivers the parcel without a damage/open package notice, and even if there's evidence attached to the claim that clearly reveals that a buyer has received the item. The only way to win a claim and keep your payment, is for the buyer to close the case. PayPal made the bottom line very clear and simple: unless the buyer manually reports the item as received and then closes the claim, the buyer gets their money back and can keep the claimed 'empty package' along with the item sold to them. Just imagine the impact this policy has on legitimate sellers who are scammed out of their goods by over-protected buyers.

It is PayPal policy to side with the buyer in empty envelope cases.

It's sad to imagine a tiny one-person business laboring to produce and sell product for the smallest profit margin, only to have eBay and PayPal slap them with a payment reversal in addition to seller fees and expenses associated with cost of goods and shipment. I hope PayPal might revise their policy, and look at evidence provided by the seller and shipping agent rather than disregard them in favor of automatically siding with the buyer.

Paypal is not your pal.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:54 PM
RonTins

I sold a rare Erickson engine on eBay for AUD $545 ''Buy It Now'' on 3rd Nov. 2012. The Italian buyer eventually sent the money total of $616.80 (including AUD $71.80 for Air-Mail) but specified (pleaded !) that I declare a value of only $20 on the Customs Declaration form, thus precluding Insurance and/or Tracking. I was wary, but as he had already sent the full amount, I thought I was safe - WRONG !! About 2 weeks later he emailed me saying he did not receive the package. I emailed back saying that 2 weeks was not enough, so after about 4 weeks I received notification from eBay that a case had been filed against me for non-arrival of the item in question. I sent a scan of the receipt I received from the local Post Office when the item was posted (showing the cost of $71.80) but this was not acceptable to eBay, who have now advised me that they have found in favour of the Italian buyer, and refunded his money in full. They demanded that I provide proof that the buyer actually received the item, which of course, is impossible. All this now means that I have lost my $545 item + $71.80 for shipping, whilst the ''buyer'' not only gets his money back in full, but my item as well. To add insult to injury, I am prevented from leaving negative feedback for this buyer, so I cannot warn other sellers of his illegal activities. Sadly it seems that the onus is on the seller to prove that the item WAS received, rather than the buyer having to prove he never got it. My eBay record is 100% perfect over 10 years and 909 transactions, whilst my Italian friend has 9 transactions since he joined eBay on 28th August 2012. He has no record of being interested in the type of item he purchased (an Erickson,a rare and unique model engine) but rather, he has purchased a few cheap items such as men's razors simply to ''get some runs on the board''. The policy of eBay is very much in favour of the buyer, however dishonest he may be, and the seller has practically no rights at all.

The buyers eBay name is - mingmongo12

The engine's Serial # is FE1200365 Please contact me (Bob Allan - 7enya7) if you see this engine advertised anywhere.
One rule of thumb I have learnt over the years is, NEVER empathize with anyone if they are not your parents or siblings, period. I personally like being fair so it really ticks me off when people try to get smart. It may sound as an advice you may not want to hear, but I'll say, chalk it off as a one of those rare business deals never to occur again. Thanks for sharing with us and I wish you the best of luck.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

I know it doesn't do s*** to help your situation right now, but you have my utmost sympathies. Do yourself a favor and bail out of that scammer's paradise that calls itself "Ebay". Yuck.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM
VictoryRoll
My Feedback: (2)

Personally, being in USA, I ONLY ship to USA.  Period.   Not that we don;t have scammers in USA, but insurance, shipping costs, etc., are low (within reason) and I have learned from others mistakes.   I am truly sorry you had to go through this.  It stinks.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
74SEVEN7

The final say from a reputable Italian eBayer - "I know this person. Also I had problems with this fraudster. He is of Naples(Napoli), a country of swindlers and thieves. The his old ebay ID was mototigrit, but ebay has closed it. Beware to buyers of Napoli and of all south Italy. Beware by purchasers of the south of Italy: regions of Calabria, Campania, Sicily, Puglia".
Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM
74SEVEN7

And this received by me today from eBay - an admission of guilt ?

(Quote) "We know you work hard to deliver great service to your customers and to
keep the well-deserved benefits associated with your seller performance
rating. That's why we have clear policies in place to make sure the system
works as intended, and why we remove any impacts to your record when we
know a buyer did not adhere to these policies.

We wanted you to know that in the last 1 month prior to your January
performance evaluation now reflected in your seller dashboard we took
the following action to benefit your account:
-Removed eBay Buyer Protection cases: 1

Note that these removals were the result of patterns identified by eBay's
detection systems and/or cumulative reports from you and other sellers.
They may be related to transactions that occurred any time over the past
several months."
Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 AM
dogshome

Certainly sounds like it. "We just cleared your criminal record" "because you are not the only one who got scammed by this guy".

Got to be worth an email now..... Even if it's just a "sorry" and no cash.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 AM
the pope

I"d sooner the cash and no sorry . Cheers the pope
Old 04-14-2013, 06:09 PM
74SEVEN7

Surprise, Surprise ! My little Italian scammer friend is at it again. After I got stung, I kept a close eye on him and warned a US based seller about his activities. He duly sent the engine to Italy, but in a Registered parcel as I had recommended. No matter - the buyer is now claiming (once again) that he didn't receive the package. So once again, he gets the engine and his money back. Unfortunately for the seller, PayPal immediately froze his account until things are sorted out. Repeating, this guy goes by the name of mingmongo12 - Beware !
Old 04-15-2013, 05:06 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the heads up. I'm sure everyone appreciates it.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ship world wide and I only use United States Priority Mail International, no exceptions. And state it in the auction.

Ebay/Paypal allow you to print the customs form/postage right on your printer. You have to order (free) the little plastic sticky customs bags for the box from the post office.

I've never had a problem shipping overseas using this method.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 PM
74SEVEN7

This scammer (mingmongo12) has done it again. Another reputable eBay seller with 100 % feedback has been ripped off to the tune of a $525 engine. He (like me) will get no sympathy from eBay. The most infuriating thing from a seller's point of view is - the seller will mostly provide good feedback for a buyer once he has received the money, but then when the criminal claims he never got the item, he not only gets his money back (along with getting to keep the item), but the seller cannot then retract or alter the feedback he gave. Of course though, our little criminal friend leaves no feedback for the unfortunate seller. When will eBay get rid of this cancer ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.