Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Re: Nitro Savage Speed truck

Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 AM
sshine440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Re: Nitro Savage Speed truck

Old 01-13-2013, 06:32 AM
sshine440

Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 AM
sshine440

One moded picco and two trucks to test with , just need warm weather like 50 deg f and up for the LL truck cuz it so light its hard to stop with tires that are cold and  pavement that is cold but the heavier truck has less issues with the cold .
Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sshine440

Ok I do agree i need to put a video up and now that i have a motor i will. but i have already did a different truck to get a true assumption of the moded picco i have its a xl with moded 3 speed and all hpi parts with my spur gear mod with a 38 tooth and a 19 tooth bell and as soon as it dries up i will make a pass with video .. i do agree with you both Borneoben and sv250 thanks for the info and i think the weight is just to get to speed quicker hence the limited distance to do this , i think it will make things interesting . And as far as the pipes i will show the pic to Rick and i would consider your offer Robin but im going to list them on e-bay and craigs list first .if no takers ill let you know. as far as knowing what these pipes do to make these motors happy im at a loss im just going off what my engine builder tells me, he has been doing this for a long time and has world record drag racing motors and that says allot to me , i will get the skinny on your pipe robin and pm you , now my personal opinion is that ,,, the 221t is loud and it does improve low end torque im thinkin a test on a stock f4.6 but would some one else do the test also, compare a stock hpi xl alum pipe and the 221t from a standing start and go 50 feet and stop watch it if it is better you should see a big difference dont care if its a x chassis or a xl but use the same truck just do the test back to back and do the best average out of say 5 passes on each pipe .

If Rick is telling you the ERCM pipe will hurt your engine he is bloody dead wrong ...

PS...you guys should be running the Nova 28..it will spank the ass off the Picco and LRP........
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM
sshine440

yes  i think i agree with you on the nova ,,,, how much ?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes i think i agree with you on the nova ,,,, how much ?

I believe around $370 give or take....not to take anything away from the Picco but the Nova is definitely my favorite 28 so far.....
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM
llkoolskillet

I just made a traxxas spur gear explode with my picco 28

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFI9I1GCjZg[/youtube]
Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Donovanholroyd

Sunshine if your going to compare pipes why not use something better than the hpi pipe to compare? Say an 086? The ercm will kill the hpi pipe. My 086 could stomp the hpi pipe

Sv250 I like what you said about the 21. When the trucks are getting this light they probably don't need the added torque of the 28. Also novarossi and picco put much more r & d into their race winning 21s than they do their basher 28s.

Supertib I plan on running a clocked nova 28 in my savage (when I can afford it). I'm curious to see how it compares to my ercm picco and lrp.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 PM
llkoolskillet

Steve, what direction does your "LL" truck drive in? Conventional thinking here tells me that it drives backwards. Did you rotate the diffs inside the bulk? Also why is it now that you have your new mil in the stock XL?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 PM
sshine440

the new  picco p3  .28  is not done yet , the one i have is the one i got with a x rtr  savage i bought on e-bay it was a RB moded  picco p3  when i got it , had already been broke in by rick and the guy i got it from had run 1.5 gallons threw it ,,, so when i got it i took it to RB mods and had him look at it and do some fine tuning on the mod that it already had done by Rick so it was ready to go when i got it . and yes i flipped the diffs in LL
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 PM
llkoolskillet

When do you think youll get the new motor and when you going to make a run man
Old 01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
sshine440

Not sure  Rick is really busy this time of year due to all the drag racers are having all their mills freshened up or new ones moded he must have had 15 new one sitting and 4 on the bench being worked on but he told me he will put it ahead of the ones coming in the mail ...... so it might be a while , but im putting the one i just got in LL and its spose to warm up this weekend and if it will run ok i will upload a video .
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 PM
llkoolskillet

Sweet dude I can't wait to hear/see it in action

How different is your new picco going to be from the other modded one you have?
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
sshine440

no plans yet i  am not going to make this call till i have a idea on how this one i have runs out and we will make the new mod according to what we need .
Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 PM
llkoolskillet

More secrets I see [:-]

I bet its got lots of pretty flow mods on the outside of the sleeve
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
sshine440

No, no secrets  just that the one i have is a Modified drag mod and if we need a low end torque mod we will do that so as i said we have not made that decision yet .
Old 01-14-2013, 11:43 PM
sv250

ORIGINAL: llkoolskillet

More secrets I see [:-]

I bet its got lots of pretty flow mods on the outside of the sleeve
My RB engine didn't have any flow mods. Lots of pretty crank cuts though. Didnt do much for performance IMO

Old 01-15-2013, 11:13 AM
llkoolskillet

Ouch... But pretty
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 PM
sshine440

You know LLfoolskillet ,,, if you don't have anything good to say,,, **** ,,,,,and you wonder why no one likes you or wants to chat with you .
Old 01-15-2013, 06:45 PM
llkoolskillet

Relax man! Unfortunatly because you continue to be hostile towards me I can't or choose not to post more info on what I'm doing right now. im so far ahead in the game and what I have uncovered could greatly help you and the issues your facing right now. I'm not looking for ideas from you, I have the best in the buis to ask. Man I feel like I'm repeating myself to you, I already told you this in PM.

My advice, if you want the help, make a video
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM
sv250

I agree that robin is the best modder. I base that on my experience with all the modder a I've used. I'm putting it out there but i don't mean any disrespect to sunshine. I admire what he's doing here. I wish he was running an ERCM or clocked mill but I still look foward to the results.

Now to come in his thread and talk trash is just ****ing rude. Competition should bring out your best not the worst in people. LL you have your thread to promote your truck. I don't see sunshine dissing you in your thread. Some respect please.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:35 PM
llkoolskillet

Well Steve now you get to figure the rest out on your own. Good luck
Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 AM
sshine440

Thanks SV250 bout time someone else step"d in ,,,, i do not mind you here LL but keep yournegativecomments to your self please,or pm me or you have my # ,i have asked you before on SC to do this and as far as information , id rather do trial and error thanks anyway ,my truck istotally different than others and what might work for you wont work for me .ooaops i see i typed f not k ,,, my bad LL
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks SV250 bout time someone else step''d in ,,,, i do not mind you here LL but keep your negative comments to your self please,or pm me or you have my # ,i have asked you before on SC to do this and as far as information , id rather do trial and error thanks anyway ,my truck is totally different than others and what might work for you wont work for me .ooaops i see i typed f not k ,,, my bad LL
LEt me jst stick my oar in before this escalates.

sshine, this is a forum for RCU members. As soon as you create a topic, you are allowing any RCU member to comment in any way they see fit, within our rules. If a poster is being unnecessarily negative, and you think that someone needs to have a word, tell me, via pm, I will look at the posts and make a decision. In many cases though, unless a rule is broken there will be little that I can do. In these cases, you really only have two options, suck it up and ignore it, or risk disciplinary action with an inappropriate attack. Don't forget you can totally block the posts of members you don't like.

If its obvious that someone is being disruptive, despite not breaking the rules in a literal sense, then don't worry, I'll step on them, the rules are a guideline, they are not the law, at the risk of sounding cliche, I am the law. If I feel that something is a problem, I'll remove it without needing to justify it with a specific rule, it's a feel thing, just as I occasionally allow posts that under other circumstances would be rule breaking (usually these are posts that fall under a rule, but their benefit to the community makes the rule irrelevant, as it is never our goal to withhold valuable information). But people commenting negatively, particularly based on their own experience, is something that we all have to deal with from time to time. Try to keep your cool, lest you end up in trouble yourself for reacting to someone in a way that does break the rules.

I'm not having a dig at all, I don't see you as a problem member, but a post up there above made me think it was worth posting this little reminder to keep your cool And that goes for others who are participating in this thread who know who they are, who have also received this warning in the past. Keep it nice, this is RCU.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM
sshine440

As i see it its up to LL call me and i guarantee you we will b friends

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.