Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Picco .26 JL Red Dot Issue?

Old 01-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Venomelite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco .26 JL Red Dot Issue?

Hey guys, new to the forums here but I am hoping someone can help me. Just picked up a Picco .26 Red Dot for my Revo 3.3 a couple of days ago and have been trying to do the install with a couple of issues. Firstly, I have removed the clutchbell/clutch/flywheel assembly from the 3.3, and when trying to mount the flywheel onto the picco, I can however it becomes very hard to turn by hand. Tried mounting it back to the 3.3 and its easy, as it always had been. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before, and perhaps its just me doing something wrong? Also, when mounting the carb, I failed at remembering to mock it up first, to make sure my linkage would line up properly. Is there an easy way to remove the carb? since it does't seem to be adjustable as it is on the trx when installed. Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM
nitroexpress

Default RE: Picco .26 JL Red Dot Issue?

ORIGINAL: Venomelite

Hey guys, new to the forums here but I am hoping someone can help me. Just picked up a Picco .26 Red Dot for my Revo 3.3 a couple of days ago and have been trying to do the install with a couple of issues. Firstly, I have removed the clutchbell/clutch/flywheel assembly from the 3.3, and when trying to mount the flywheel onto the picco, I can however it becomes very hard to turn by hand. Tried mounting it back to the 3.3 and its easy, as it always had been. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before, and perhaps its just me doing something wrong? Also, when mounting the carb, I failed at remembering to mock it up first, to make sure my linkage would line up properly. Is there an easy way to remove the carb? since it does't seem to be adjustable as it is on the trx when installed. Thanks
Use a correct collet with the Picco. Your flywheel is probably jammed into the engine case.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Venomelite

Thanks for the response, that was indeed the case and it annoyed the heck out of me ( because it was such a simple mistake lol). A Couple of questions further though, firstly.. picked up the THS 1046 exhaust and the rod that goes into the header for support (from the TRX 3.3) is too fat. Of course they provide one with the exhaust system, an extremely long rod with no bends.. any substitutions at all that would not require any drilling etc? Also, for the throttle linkage, on the Picco how would one adjust the throttle arm so I can connect the rest of the linkage to the carb? Thanks for your answers thus far btw
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Anthoop

The exhaust header is the short piece that connects to the engine......are you talking about the support for the end of the pipe?
If the one already fitted to the car is too large then you can either make the hole bigger or the rod smaller. If the exhaust came with a wire that will fit the hole but not the car then you can bend/shorten the rod to make it fit.
I would imagine that someone makes a hanger that will bolt straight on...but I think making what you have, fit, would be simple.

For the throttle linkage problem.....you can rotate the carb. The car had a slide carb. before right? With this problem pictures would be helpful.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: Venomelite

Thanks for the response, that was indeed the case and it annoyed the heck out of me ( because it was such a simple mistake lol). A Couple of questions further though, firstly.. picked up the THS 1046 exhaust and the rod that goes into the header for support (from the TRX 3.3) is too fat. Of course they provide one with the exhaust system, an extremely long rod with no bends.. any substitutions at all that would not require any drilling etc? Also, for the throttle linkage, on the Picco how would one adjust the throttle arm so I can connect the rest of the linkage to the carb? Thanks for your answers thus far btw

There is a very small screw opposite the ball end (2 - 2.5mm). Loosen the screw, rotate to desired position and tighten.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Venomelite

I will defenately post some pics of what I am doing, gotta say.. this forum has been the most helpful thus far. And I am loving the small pics of the parts you are posting, thanks again.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM
outlawbrett

the support hanger on the revo will fit the THS exhaust. it is tight tho i agree.  i just took a punch an lightly tapped it down onto the rod. and it will come back off.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Venomelite

So, as requested here are some pics of my progress so far.. if you guys need pics that are a bit brighter let me know, bit of low light in the room where I was at and I didn't want any more noise in the photos.

Sorry about the delay, been busy the past few days. I guess my biggest concern atm is having the carb adjustment, and getting the resonater brace in place.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Anthoop

You can upload pictures directly to this forum without a picture hosting site, click "post reply" and then at the bottom you see "Click here to upload images and files".
Yes the pictures are very dark...hard to help without knowing the Revo.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Venomelite

Ok, so I dealt with the exhaust issue.. last issue going to be freeing up the carb so that I can adjust the throttle linkage properly. Yes I believe the TRX did have the slide option, which is what I expected of the Picco.. however I cannot rotate the carb, even after removing the screw which u can see in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57596.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1843027