Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Volcano EPX Pro suspension settings...

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano EPX Pro suspension settings...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
jroptop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano EPX Pro suspension settings...

Very often its that the rear hub carriers on the Volcano EPX Pro break with mild jumping or tumbling,before Igo ahead and purchase the aluminum rear hub carriers,do any of you think by setting the rear suspension stiffer OR softest would reduce the carriers breaking?

Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Volcano EPX Pro suspension settings...

ORIGINAL: jroptop

Very often its that the rear hub carriers on the Volcano EPX Pro break with mild jumping or tumbling,before I go ahead and purchase the aluminum rear hub carriers,do any of you think by setting the rear suspension stiffer OR softest would reduce the carriers breaking?

probly softer. The arm angle may be a factor as well. I have my suspension set low (arms almost level with car on the ground)
do you have the camber links set in the hole closest to the hub?
The alloy hubs are one of the upgrades I would buy. But ive found that setting the link to the hole closest to the hub helps the plastic ones last a good long time.
Ive jumped my tornado epx pro while running a vxl system on 3s lipo without breaking the hubs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODHMzg2w_Xo
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM
jroptop

everything is at factory settings for camber positions,can you post a pic of what you mean by the settings?Areyoureferring to the adjustable link that screws to the hub bracket?Wont that change the pitch of the wheel?Thanks Nitro!
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Very often its that the rear hub carriers on the Volcano EPX Pro break with mild jumping or tumbling,before Igo ahead and purchase the aluminum rear hub carriers,do any of you think by setting the rear suspension stiffer OR softest would reduce the carriers breaking?

probly softer. The arm angle may be a factor as well. I have my suspension set low (arms almost level with car on the ground)
do you have the camber links set in the hole closest to the hub?
The alloy hubs are one of the upgrades I would buy. But ive found that setting the link to the hole closest to the hub helps the plastic ones last a good long time.
Ive jumped my tornado epx pro while running a vxl system on 3s lipo without breaking the hubs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODHMzg2w_Xo
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

OK, couldnt find a good pic of the plastic hubs to show, but you get the idea from the pic I did with the alloy ones.

Doing this will change the camber of the tires....but those upper links are adjustable. You can lengthen it by unscrewing one of the plastic ends some...to compensate for moving to the inner hole.

With the plastic hubs, putting the camber link there makes a world of difference. The inner hole puts less stress (leverage) on the arm of the hub when there is an impact.

The same goes for the arm of the steering hub!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98883.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1840944  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
jroptop

PERFECT! I went ahead and ordered a set of the aluminum hubs and will adjust them to your description,thanks again Nitro!

OK, couldnt find a good pic of the plastic hubs to show, but you get the idea from the pic I did with the alloy ones.

Doing this will change the camber of the tires....but those upper links are adjustable. You can lengthen it by unscrewing one of the plastic ends some...to compensate for moving to the inner hole.

With the plastic hubs, putting the camber link there makes a world of difference. The inner hole puts less stress (leverage) on the arm of the hub when there is an impact.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

PERFECT! I went ahead and ordered a set of the aluminum hubs and will adjust them to your description,thanks again Nitro!

with the alloy hubs you can put the link in any hole you want. The alloy's are is not only metal, but thicker than the plastic. It will be very hard to break it.

when you install the new hubs, make sure to take BOTH bearings out of the old hubs. There is an inner, and an outer bearing. The inner one is larger.
Ive sold some alloy hubs before and had the customer say the wheels now wobbled....but they forgot to put the inner bearing in the new hub!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
jroptop

Oh,yes,believe me,plenty experience with the bearing removal as I replaced 3 sets of the carriers so far!

with the alloy hubs you can put the link in any hole you want. The alloy's are is not only metal, but thicker than the plastic. It will be very hard to break it.

when you install the new hubs, make sure to take BOTH bearings out of the old hubs. There is an inner, and an outer bearing. The inner one is larger.
Ive sold some alloy hubs before and had the customer say the wheels now wobbled....but they forgot to put the inner bearing in the new hub!