Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 AM
The Hedgehog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Aw, come on you can't complain, it lasted two days and 9 pages, that's almost a record for that debate. As for the poll follow up, there was only one option, the cheeky bugger!!

Don't worry, like I said in the thread, give it another 2 or 3 months and we'll be at it again.

OT: I also hate masking, nearly forgot that.
Pretty good showing, but 2-3 months? I got money on 1/2 that ha ha.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 AM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when someone quotes THE SAME pics from the first post, over and over and over and over and over and over................................. just to say "nice car" [:@]
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller
Some people like to share their experiences with someone, I don't see the point in being a dick about it, if you don't like someones thread about what they did today or their first body they just painted then just move on. Not everything has to be a 10 out 10 masterpiece or a fully custom build to be worthy of posting, you guys are probably the same type of people who complain when the forums are dead.
No, we don't complain when the forums are dead - we complain when we open threads that are a waste of our time, having to look at a paintjob a chimp could have done.

One thing to remember is a lot of people who post on forums don't have any friends in the hobby so who else are they going to show off their stuff to?
Then you need find some friends, pathetically begging for them here isn't the way to get thm.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM
kaycerc

Another peeve of mine is when someone quotes you but edits the quote, if you want to address one thing in particular that I said it's probably better to make it bold, otherwise I feel like I am being taken out of context.
I think you would find it would happen less often if you didn't ramble aimlessly across multiple matters in the same post.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
FahrtAutoRC

RickWoo, please. I haven't had a direct issue with you..yet.. but please, don't stand on my side and don't beef with the same people in the same thread. I just do not want anybody to think that we are friendly...or worse....the same person.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM
cumquat

i have a sinking suspicion that our old buddy with a sweet tooth is back.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 AM
RickWoo-inactive

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

RickWoo, please. I haven't had a direct issue with you..yet.. but please, don't stand on my side and don't beef with the same people in the same thread. I just do not want anybody to think that we are friendly...or worse....the same person.
Rather ironic of you to suggest such a thing, being as you were the one responding someone that was responding to me ...................................

Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: kaycerc

Some people like to share their experiences with someone, I don't see the point in being a dick about it, if you don't like someones thread about what they did today or their first body they just painted then just move on. Not everything has to be a 10 out 10 masterpiece or a fully custom build to be worthy of posting, you guys are probably the same type of people who complain when the forums are dead.
No, we don't complain when the forums are dead - we complain when we open threads that are a waste of our time, having to look at a paintjob a chimp could have done.

One thing to remember is a lot of people who post on forums don't have any friends in the hobby so who else are they going to show off their stuff to?
Then you need find some friends, pathetically begging for them here isn't the way to get thm.

lol you're hilarious.

So is this thread. I like the part were my post gets deleted without an explanation and this muppet can still quote me, that's not even my whole post. Considering what went on in the last elec vs nitro "debate", this is pretty much a joke, and yes I saw everything that was posted on that thread before it was removed.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Everything is seen, committed to memory, and you never know what might be going on behind closed doors.

I will tell you though...It takes a history of bad behaviour, multiple shunned opportunities to improve, at least two stints on MS (Moderated Status), before we would even consider banning someone. It is actually incredibly difficult to be the subject of disciplinary action here, we prefer to remove posts and give people multiple chances to understand how we want them to 'fly right', before even dropping the first MS hammer on them. The wheels grind slowly, but don't worry, persistently disruptive members ALWAYS get ejected in the end.

Rick, this isn't the first complaint I've heard about you recently (yes, of course it is from people with whom you have vehemently disagreed, and yes, of course it is natural for those people to want you to get into trouble, however, there is no smoke without fire, if you get my meaning). Please try to be less cutting in your posts, honestly, be nicer, for my benefit if nobody else's. Thanks.
You're absolutely right Foxy, nothing is ever forgotten.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a pack of boat anchors with a capital W

What type of twisted thinking takes a adult to get anoyed on some child's first Rc paint job?
Who cares if it's there first, single color paint job, seriously

Not everyone likes multi color body's that look like they are a try hard hot rod or something that looks like it would lead the gay pride Pageant.

FahrtAutoRC! U seem to have some very strong opinions on these subjects,
dident u start a thread last year about how u should paint ur 8ight?
And in the end dident u use a pre made paint mask and only 2 colors?
I never saw any close up pics, how sharp are ur lines?

I just think if u talk the talk then u can walk the walk right?

I like to blog a little on my projects, so what, I'm proud and like to share the knowledge.

As stupid as it sounds, how would a forum work if it was not for people blogging?

Or let's simplify things, what is RCU for? What what's it about?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: kaycerc

Ur joking right?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 PM
phmaximus

Rickwoo, why are u even here?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

What a pack of boat anchors with a capital W

What type of twisted thinking takes a adult to get anoyed on some child's first Rc paint job?

Not everyone likes multi color body's that look like they are a try hard hot rod or something that looks like it would lead the gay pride Pageant.

I like to blog a little on my projects, so what, I'm proud and like to share the knowledge.

As stupid as it sounds, how would a forum work if it was not for people blogging?

Or let's simplify things, what is RCU for? What what's it about?
Not all that sharp by the looks of things. I've never tried to do all fancy designs (I prefer a solid colour, like real cars) but if anything I did turned out like that I'd throw it in the bin.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Child? Who said child? And who said anything about anybodys first, either? I would have to assume, without checking, that you are an offender of this, because you are taking this WAY to seriously. Jumping down my throat because I posted MY OPINION on a thread that ASKED for it. Right.

I'm sorry, pre made paint mask? YEA, RIGHT! More like a roll of masking tape, a sharpie, hobby knife and some rattle cans. Flattered that you thought it was something manufactured, thank you!

And I'm sure you do like to show off your..."projects".

Seriously though, buddy, did you even read, comprehend or THINK while you were viewing my posts, or did you decide to take it personal and jump all over it? I never named any names
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Haddi Taha

I am going to say something before Foxy applies some threadlock

I like Pineapples
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
FahrtAutoRC

And no, not sharp, but those little bleed thrus were done on purpose, and in person it looks nice. Great try though! So sweet of you guys to be spending so much time on me! I feel so loved!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I actually deleted my last post foxy style but after reading that tripe I think it can stay, who cares what happens to this thread or any others on RCU, I'm pretty much done with this place, I just want my money back for becoming a platinum member, I gave them $50 and they never even sent me the promised merchandise, that's right RCU stole $50 from me. In my book a thief is the lowest of the low.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
FahrtAutoRC

I can't blame em! GO RCU!!!

I actually deleted my last post foxy style but after reading that tripe I think it can stay, who cares what happens to this thread or any others on RCU, I'm pretty much done with this place, I just want my money back for becoming a platinum member, I gave them $50 and they never even sent me the promised merchandise, that's right RCU stole $50 from me. In my book a thief is the lowest of the low.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Haddi Taha

post edited by me, I don't want to join the fight
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM
supertib

My pet peeve is driving 2 hours to my favorite bash spot only to realize I forgot my dam radio............ that really pises a guy off..
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"Pet peeve" really does not do justice to how much I hate winter.

When discussing(arguing about) our toy cars on forums takes the place of actually running them...
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 PM
FahrtAutoRC

We finally agree on something neal. I've made the hour drive back home on race day twice before to grab my fiancees radio, which she conviniently left behind with her whole truck, on one occasion. Blondes I kid I kid, last thing I need is blondes jumping my ish as well haha

ORIGINAL: supertib

My pet peeve is driving 2 hours to my favorite bash spot only to realize I forgot my dam radio............ that really pises a guy off..
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Haddi Taha

How do you forget your radios people, you must have been busy or occupied with something else, cause I triple check to make sure I have all my hex drivers with me before I leave 
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've forgotten a radio on occasion.. All the charging up(including backup receiver batteries, 3-4 glow starters, two starterboxes, and on and on...), packing up(tools, spares, etc..), then packing up the car, driving out to the place you're going to run, unpacking, laying everything out, turning on the box and pressing it to make sure it sounds good, then going to grab your radio for the first start-up... "Where's my radio?"

Often the whole process prior to this btw is further complicated by persuading(which sometimes means "bribing") and coordinating with the wife to come along...

Which reminds me of another pet peeve.. Not having a camera-man/-woman. My wife's enthusiasm for filming has declined somewhat precipitously in the last few years(understandably, I guess.. I don't like hanging out in shoe stores either..) So not having a filmerer and just having to put the camera on the ground is definitely a pet peeve. Last year I took both LST2's out, and honestly was nailing the best, biggest, longest, fastest backflips off the ramp ever.. And in the video all the good ones were missed, out of the frame... [] Then, OF COURSE........................., after going home, and bringing the wife out later that afternoon, all rushed and eager, I bunged up the jumps, broke stuff, etc.. [:@] That really sucked..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kOPfSkcDcU[/youtube]
Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything is seen, committed to memory, and you never know what might be going on behind closed doors.

I will tell you though...It takes a history of bad behaviour, multiple shunned opportunities to improve, at least two stints on MS (Moderated Status), before we would even consider banning someone. It is actually incredibly difficult to be the subject of disciplinary action here, we prefer to remove posts and give people multiple chances to understand how we want them to 'fly right', before even dropping the first MS hammer on them. The wheels grind slowly, but don't worry, persistently disruptive members ALWAYS get ejected in the end.

Rick, this isn't the first complaint I've heard about you recently (yes, of course it is from people with whom you have vehemently disagreed, and yes, of course it is natural for those people to want you to get into trouble, however, there is no smoke without fire, if you get my meaning). Please try to be less cutting in your posts, honestly, be nicer, for my benefit if nobody else's. Thanks.
You're absolutely right Foxy, nothing is ever forgotten.
You wanna watch yourself my mate. How quickly you seem to have forgotten.

Furthermore...

1) I expect you think I deleted your posts on the previous page. I didn't, but only because I hadn't actually seen them. Had I seen them (and every other post Ken deleted yesterday) I would have done the same thing.

2) If you have a dispute with RCU, take it up with management. If you post about it on the forum again, I will not be impressed. Haven't you been ranting about cancelling your platinum membership for like a year? I would say you've left it a bit too late now.

Listen guys, the nitro debate was fun, lets just chill out a bit, the echos of it seem to be reverberating and getting amplified again. Remember you don't have to dislike someone to disliike or disagree with what they say.

Relax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.