Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Legend can kiss my rails

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Legend can kiss my rails

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Jet Legend can kiss my rails

I will not buy Jet Legend products again.

Last November I ordered a complete ordnance set for my F-16 through Camlex RC, as I usually do. I was very happy because I received the package very quickly and perfectly boxed, no damage. My mistake was, if you can call it that, to set it aside a few weeks while I got a chance to prime and paint.

It turns out when I unpackaged it, I was missing the sidewinder rails, and the AMRAAM rails did not have internal hardpoints - pretty much rendering them useless. I notified Monica (Camlex RC) as soon as I discovered this and provided pictures showing the rails against the blueprint.
1. JetLegend took forever to reply the dealer emails (I was given their email too, but I did not want to step in as I saw this as a dealer/manufacturer issue)
2. Some of their replies were plain stupid and as if they were written by a child for a child. Things like " we asked but no one remembers packing a set with the rails missing" - no crap!
3. Kept providing all the requested pictures, but they did not care
4. Finally Camlex offered to return my money at their expense, which I declined. They were screwed just as I was. I was told by them that JetLegend's cutomer service has gone down the pipe, and they are cutting ties with them.

Sorry for the drama. But no drama really. Just thought I would pass the facts around for general knowledge.

I really like JetLegend products but they can kiss my rails. I intend on pasting a link to this thread every time I see a JetLegend thread, just to show my appreciation. And I'm not looking for a resolution either, that book is closed. I'm thankful that Camlex tried to help, as they said they wood.

David

*Edit* per request from Camlex I am correcting some information: Camlex is still a JL dealer and will continue to offer their products.
Camlex also wanted me to add that they offered JetLegend to pay for the missing and bad parts, but their emails were ignored by the manufacturer.
They have insisted on refunding my money, which I had declined before but I have not declined again.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet Legend can kiss my rails

Thanks for the info. It's good to know how they are after they get your money.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
kmrcjets

havea customer who wanted one of their F15 models. contacted them for a quote . no answer
tried five more times still no answer . got a F15 from skymaster no problem. won't bother
with jet legeng again
ken
kmrc jets australia
Old 01-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being the owner of a JL product, I hate to here this. Pretty sad when a manufacturer won't support their own dealers. Their past track record is not that great anyway.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 PM
FalconWings

To be honest I had their F-16 and it was a great model, with a really nice scale gear. I loved that model, and always thought that their hardware stood out over SM and FEJ. Their airframes were also very light.
But it all comes down to how you treat your customers. My request was very simple, it should have been a no brainer.....replace parts, provide missing parts. But instead they chose to mess it all up for no reason, as these parts should be low cost to them. And to hear one of their dealers say I'm done with them.....there must be some story to it.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont see the YAK info any longer on website. just a broken link to video. no more pics of it.
Scott
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It really gets me that a company would do somthing to loose customers over $20.00 worth of stuff, They could proberly have included the parts
with another shipment that was coming this way and save shipping cost.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
F15driver
My Feedback: (24)

I've had the same problem with JL'S F-20. Monica at Camlex did everything humanely possible to get JL to own up to their mistakes to no avail for several months. She is top grade, but she can't deliver if her manufacturer doesn't care about customer service. I too will never buy another JL product but I would never hesitate to buy Camlex' other products.
Rob Puetz
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
dubd

It's a shame that such a small cost in parts has resulted in this. The companies that learn how to address customer expectations will reap the benefits.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I have actually considered just dropping jets and just flying my heli and giant planes. No wait and what you see is what you get, im not a fan of surprises with my hobbies[:'(]
When I find that winning lotto ticket I will its on!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

I have actually considered just dropping jets and just flying my heli and giant planes. No wait and what you see is what you get, im not a fan of surprises with my hobbies[:'(]
I can kinda see your point, but given that you've only owned FEJ, isnt it like only owning Align helis and saying you're giving up on helis? Throw RC jets under the bus once you've tried other brands. Just sayin.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:02 AM
FalconWings

ORIGINAL: dubd

I can kinda see you're point, but given that you've only owned FEJ, isnt it like only owning Align helis and saying you're giving up on helis? Throw RC jets under the bus once you've tried other brands. Just sayin.
Not only that Fender, considering that you have been super lucky with FEJ, enough that we consider you a rep. You should have seen the endless threads about issues with FEJ before you joined the hobby. There were horror stories, but it seems the dust has settled at FEJ, which is a very good thing.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

If you decide to get out. I have a 37.5% yak rtf ill swap for a jet
Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not the only hobby supplier with issues. Been trying to get missing parts from Details 4 Scale since Oct! Keeps saying he's shipping them tomorrow.... now doesn't respond to emails.

So, there's another one to stay away from if you want to save yourself some grief.

Now I know many of you love Dan but, what I've got in service from him has been nothing but a bad joke but, he sure took my money fast. Never again!

Mike

Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 AM
benitez195

They have not changed their ways in the past 5 yrs I had a problem with their F-15 and never did anything except give excuses to poor building by their employees but I ended up loosing $9000.00 dollars
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you found your ticket when you got the customer service out of FEJ that you've received, count yourself lucky there!!

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

If you decide to get out. I have a 37.5% yak rtf ill swap for a jet

you got one hell of a nice jet already you just need to fly it
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 AM
JackL
My Feedback: (7)

I hate to hear this, I was considering the JL missile and pylon package for my 1/6 f-16 as they look like better quality than the others I have seen....
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

I definately intend to! The fte is going in right now.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 AM
FalconWings

ORIGINAL: JackL

I hate to hear this, I was considering the JL missile and pylon package for my 1/6 f-16 as they look like better quality than the others I have seen....
Well, here's my take. Ive had two.

The first set I ordered with the F-16. They were finished in gray primer, with all holes pre-drilled. Note, some holes are 1/8" on a 3/8 thick structure, and 6" long. This is not easy to do on the bench.

The second set, missing parts, missing hardpoints and NOTHING pre-drilled. They wanted to charge $75 extra for the drilling, which I should have paid because doing it now will be next to impossible unless you have a drill press. But $75 I find excessive so I declined. Set price is the same I paid 4 years ago, but you have to drill the holes now. They are still superior to other brands, if you can get them defect free [:@]
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

I can kinda see your point, but given that you've only owned FEJ, isnt it like only owning Align helis and saying you're giving up on helis? Throw RC jets under the bus once you've tried other brands. Just sayin.
I read a lot of good/bads before I bought my first jet and picked what worked best for me. Since you keeping bringing this up I will say the same thing. I agree with you if I would have bought a bvm or carf I might have a different outlook but until they produce a large scale F-16/15/14/18 then your limited. My comment is not personal, I would only be throwing my jets under the bus if I gave up. I have tried to help change things and make the products I deal with better but with limited product you either keep on doing whta you do or not buy it.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
FalconWings

VBM! [X(] oh boy!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Don't forget Yellow Aircraft....they produce kits of very high quality. I rank them the same as BVB nd VCARF...and Shaun gives outstanding service!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Is JetLegend customer service better if you go through GlbalJetClub or do you still get the run around from GJC too?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:39 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi David,

I am sorry about that and feel the same pain you have. Fortunately you have worked through Camlex and they are willing to hold the responsibility and refund you the money. It's nice of you that you are in support of your dealers. JL has some great products but their penny wise operation hurts their business. As a dealer, we have to set up a work shop in China to modify and to enhance the quality of these kits so we don't have to rely on the factories to make the corrections. This is why it's better to work through dealers and let us take care of these problems with factories for you. Eventually and evidently, the factories who do better service are seeing a faster growth in sales. I will raise this issue next week when I have a chance to visit JL. I love this hobby and have been in your shoes many times and will continue to help both pilots and factories to supply quality jets for our jet community.

Regards,

Mike
Old 01-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Mike,

Copy and print this threaad and take with you. Translate if need be the importance of dealer/customer service, and how vital it is to their very livelyhood if they wish to survive as a jet model manufacturer. If the heads of JL don't get it, they will soon be defunct as a model company and it won't matter. Customers who looked to purchase a JL product but were turned off because of threads like this will just move on. We live in the age of the Internet now, and word travels very fast.

Ronnie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.