Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Battery and Chargers

Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 PM
johnnytommy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery and Chargers

Hey Guys, I have a few questions since I am new to the RC world. My uncle and I bought a couple of Gyro Hercules Electric Helicopters. They are great and extremely addicting. The only problem is that the flight time is only about 10 mintues and charge time is 2.5 hours. We are looking at buying a couple of spare batteries which happen to be 3.7v 1000 mah 15C. I was wondering about getting an computerized charger which can charge multiple batteries at once. This away we could just switch batteries and keep flying. I am clueless as to what I am doing when it comes to these things. Any input of advice would be helpful! What charger? For how long?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM
BrettOssman

Default RE: Battery and Chargers

I just bought a Duratrax Onyx charger and parallel charger cables for two different batteries. Go to http://www.duratrax.com, and see if they have what you are looking for.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

You can do it a few different ways.

Charge faster or charge multiple packs at once. If you want to charge faster then look for a single output charger with 2-3 amps or more. This single output charger can also charge many packs in parallel. If you had one pack and charged it at 1 amp in an hr then doing ten packs in parallel at 10 amps would have all ten charged in an hr too.

If you want to use multiple output chargers then you will have the ability to charge them all at different times. Look for a charger with 2-3 amps and 2-5 output ports. HK has a dirt cheap multiple output charger , I hope it is for 3.7 batts.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an Hitec X4 and I can charge 4 battery packs at once, or like guver said, I can set the first one, then later a second one, a third and a fourth all at different times. They will get charged the same. It will do 1S to 6S packs and balancing ports built into the charger.

[link]http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/chargers-setup-equipment/index.html[/link]

Rafael
Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM
jackeylewis

I think you can search the suitable battery on the plane's offical website, or find the same product on other shopping website, and ask the customer service to find the answer.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM
omnidynmc

I have a Hyperion 720i Duo an love it.

http://helidirect.com/hyperion-0720i...sb-p-22166.hdx

Typically I stick with Hyperion batteries since they match the charger/balancer and they have a pretty wide assortment. The charger includes most of the adapters you'll need for several battery sizes.