Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM T-28

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 04:16 PM
CHARLES WINTER

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ESM T-28

Hi James. Have you flown your T-28 yet? I am installing the main gear doors now and am running into problems like I think you did. I'm not happy with my set up and don't think it will be FAIL-SAFE. Are you pleased with the hinging movement of the Long main gear doors with the interaction of the small wheel cover doors. If you are happy with your set up, could you take some Close-up pictures of your hinging of the main long doors and any other pictures of your main gear installation. Thanks for your inputs. Col. Chuck Winter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43186.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	1837566  
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Damo260

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just order myself a T-28 and it should be here by the end of the week. I'm think of running the DLE 60 twin in it.

Damo
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM
JamesPool
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Charles. Currently fishing. I'll relpy when I return Friday.
Best,
james
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Doomking
My Feedback: (38)

Damo
I think a DLE 60 is way too much power.
You might want to reconsider unless you have the engine laying around and you need a plane for it.

Fabio
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Damo260

Hi my T-28 turn up to day what a awesome looking plane. I might reconsider the motor that I want to run in it I am think now the Saito FG-40 petrol?

Damo

Name:	Ca82075.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1840249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq42278.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1840250  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 AM
Doomking
My Feedback: (38)

G45 under my hood for half of the price of a Saito.
Jmo.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim,
If you ever get any video of your T-28,please post it so we can all enjoy the sound of that Saito

Thanks,
paul
Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 AM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Quite different sound as well....

One chainsaw and one engine?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 AM
CHARLES WINTER

Hi James, I have my gear doors figured out now. A little different approach to what is on this site now. I'll post and picture the results when I'm satisfied with my results. Pictures Many years ago.. Col. Chuck Winter

Name:	Bz54531.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1840427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42171.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	1840428  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM
JamesPool

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view>Normal</w:view><w:zoom>0</w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid>false</w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent>false</w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext>false</w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother>EN-US</w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian>X-NONE</w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript>X-NONE</w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:dontvertaligncellwithsp></w:dontvertaligncellwithsp><w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables></w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables><w:dontvertalignintxbx></w:dontvertalignintxbx><w:word11kerningpairs></w:word11kerningpairs><w:cachedcolbalance></w:cachedcolbalance></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:browserlevel><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml>

Hello Charles: Iapologize about the delayed response. I'm generally pretty good about keeping up with these topics, so Ifeel bad about not getting back to you in time.

I've flown her 3x now. On the 3rd flight, the nose wheel linkages bound and nose gear "jammed" in the ¾ position. Imanaged to get her down with minor scraping on the bottom of cowl (and broken prop). Ihighly recommend NOTusing their linkage method for the nose steering. I've since build a custom horn with ball links on the side of the horn I'll send a pic tonight. Regarding the main gear, I haven't had any issues, but they are on the edge of not having enough force to retract. Iwouldn't want to retract with only 40psi. In fact, I'm thinking about retrofitting with Lado (SP) 666 motors. Any comments from anyone one the ease of the retrofit? I have sierra gear with brakes.

Beyond this mishap, the Ilove flying the plane. Itflies and most importantly it lands absolutely beautifully. And, the Saito 57T - W _O_W!!! It has all the power the plane needs without feeling like it’s way over powered. Ihighly recommend it. I fly about 1/3 – 1/2 stick. The sound is unmatched and it just wants to sit an idle about 800 RPM with a very pleasant gurgle and bobble. Assuming you agree a gurgle and bobble can be pleasant soundJ. I'll get a recording and post it.

It’s a fun plane.

<xml><w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" defunhidewhenused="true" defsemihidden="true" defqformat="false" defpriority="99" latentstylecount="267"><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="0" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Normal"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="heading 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 7"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 8"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 9"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 7"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 8"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 9"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="35" qformat="true" name="caption"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="10" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Title"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="1" name="Default Paragraph Font"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="11" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtitle"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="22" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Strong"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="20" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="59" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Table Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Placeholder Text"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="1" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="No Spacing"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Revision"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="34" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="List Paragraph"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="29" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Quote"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="30" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Quote"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="19" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtle Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="21" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="31" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtle Reference"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="32" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Reference"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="33" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Book Title"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="37" name="Bibliography"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" qformat="true" name="TOC Heading"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style>Best,
James

Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM
CHARLES WINTER

Hi James, Going along with "Doing My Own Thing" I'm surprised no one commented on my Nose Gear steering set-up. I use NyRod and think it's a neat setup. I will take more pictures of the rudder setup for Nyrods if your interested. The cable setup is POOR by my Fail Safe appraisal. All of my flights (4) so far were without any problems. Col. Chuck Winter

Name:	Ax73080.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1840464   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17056.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	1840465  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:50 PM
JamesPool

Our approach is almost identical.

Nice work.

James
Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
CHARLES WINTER

Hi James, Also, no one using Sierra Retracts commented on my Helper Spring to insure the nose gear stays STRAIGHT during the retract phase. It's possible for the nose gear to be off center during retraction and hit the bottom of the fuselage and hang up. This SIMPLE low load spring will stop any misalignment during retraction. Darrell (Sierra Retracts) likes the idea. Col. Chuck Winter

Name:	Ki19450.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1840468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72284.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1840469  
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 PM
CHARLES WINTER

Hi James, Here are a few pictures of my Nose Gear steering system. It's quite simple to make and I have used it in other aircraft. If you need more pictures or some explanations on operation, let me know.
Col. Chuck Winter

Name:	Rp43640.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1841022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83903.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1841023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70402.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1841024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb81116.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1841025  
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 AM
Damo260

How far dose the DA or DLE 50 stick out of the cowl ??

Damo
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Damo260

Did they end up doing the scale exhausts system for the T-28 because its not on there site.

Damo

ORIGINAL: rk212

Hi chaps,

I maidened my Trojan weekend just gone (DLE55) and it flew like a beauty! Still need a little more nose weight 5/6oz but it seems really nicely balanced out - dont need to full throttle it around all the time

**NEWS**

Thought I would make you guys aware that I'm speaking directly with Kelvin at Keleo Creations and after a few weeks of discussion and (begging!) he has decided that due to the popularity of the ESM T28 he will fully design and start producing scale exhausts systems for the ESM T28 - very very good news [img][/img]

http://www.keleo-creations.com/index...index&cPath=70 - watch this space! I think the product should be released fully by Feb/Mar 2012
Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 AM
JamesPool

Hi Charles:

Please find my modification... As Isaid, it looks almost identical to what you've done. Nice work!
BTW: I like to use Heli parts for items like this. I find the heli guys have far sexier parts than us simple airplane guys.

Ihope all is well,
James

Name:	Tr49726.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1841484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25358.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1841485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55371.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1841486  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 AM
Damo260

Well the first lot of parts arrived today so let the fun begin

Damo

Name:	Pn36104.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1841713  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM
CHARLES WINTER

Hi James, Looks like you went through a lot more effort to make your Rotating Ball holders than I did. I used old stuff I had around. My friends call me CHEAP CHARLIE, I think I'm Frugal. I flew helicopters for many years. I was the CD (Contest Director) for helicopters at the 1983 AMA Nationals held in Reno NV. I also designed and CD the "Merced Helicopter Fun Fly" from 1982 to 1992. This Fun Fly was considered the largest in the country. During the 7th year we had oner 225 helicopters on the ramp. I'll take some more pictures of my T-28 Rudder/Nose gear setup if you want. Picture "Article in Magizine about the Merced Heli Fun Fly. Chuck Winter

Name:	Bz78071.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1841842  
Old 01-19-2013, 03:52 PM
CHARLES WINTER

Hi Sid - My F-86D (Byron Ducted Fan) and the front of my Hobby Shop "Hobby Castle" I had my store for 20 years after retirement. I retired in 1975. Chuck Winter

Name:	Tr51008.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1842238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81144.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	1842239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37455.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	1842240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48632.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	1842241  
Old 01-19-2013, 04:50 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck,
While you were running your hobby shop I was building RC radios in Denver, Royal Electronics. I ran that company from 1969-1983. All US companies but Ace Radio gave up production in 1983. Also my college room mate, Sam Snyder, had a hobby shop about that time, I think he was in Fresno but not sure now, might have been Modesto.

Was your ducted fan F-86D a Byron?

Picture is my first production radio, 1969.

Sid

Name:	Mk26096.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1842274  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Damo260

Well I made a start on the wings today with the upgrade parts lot better than what come with the kit. I am planing on using the DA 50 with the Keleo Creations scale exhausts systems.

Damo

Name:	Us54462.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1842428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13083.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1842429  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Damo260

Hey Tomas, I sent you a couple emails now with no response I understand your busy but we need to fix my shipping price up
Thanks
Damo
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 PM
CHARLES WINTER

Hi Thomas, This seems like the best way to GET TO YOU. I need a T-28 Center Wing section that has the cutouts for the landing gear doors. The center section I got was VERY Warped and no cutouts for the center doors. I will pay for the center section if you can get one for me. If you remember I was Shorted the aileron and flap covers. I made my own and painted them and you said in a PERSONAL phone call that you would give me a discount on my next purchase. The center section with Landing door cutouts is my next purchase. Col. Chuck Winter

Name:	Eb86950.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1844378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22004.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1844379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77125.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1844380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13658.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1844381  
The following users liked this post:
Jake49 (12-10-2021)
Old 01-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Damo260

I order one these today TBM 20x12 Carbon Fiber 3-Blade Scale Adjustable Pitch Propeller for the T-28.
I got the wings almost done post pics soon

Damo

Name:	Fc90507.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1844409  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.