Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Next level when and what?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Next level when and what?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
dog24fret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next level when and what?

I'm still flying my MSR with pretty decent results. My question is. What or how would I know if the move to flybarless or colective pitch would be sensable? I want to move up but a tad concerned of which way or if I'm ready. Any thoughts would be helpfull thanks.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
mewantfly

Default RE: Next level when and what?

It's a pretty big step going from the MSR  to any collective pitch. They are just hard. I purchased two modles. A Blade Nano CP and a Walkera Genius CPx. The Genius is a very stable flyer but I am having power problems. the Blade is a great machine. It's very twitchy. I suggest going for the Blade. Parts are cheeper and easy to get. Just don't try to over handle the stick. Learn on mode 2 on your Transmitter. But it comes all set up. I just started a mo. ago but I can hover and turn around. That might not seem like a whole lot but wait till you get you hands on it.

Good luck it's a blast when you get it down.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
dog24fret

I apologize for taking so long to respond. I appreciate the heads up on that. I have seen them fly but not flown one myself. I am leaning towards blade heli's cause of the cost and available parts around here.I've been dancing around on size though. Around here the wind blows 4 out of 7 days so mine has a hard time at times. I would like to fly outdoors sometimes after I get done with my cars and trucks.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 PM
mewantfly

Blade has just come out with a Mcpx BL. It has a more powerfull motor and just huge up-grades from the original or a Nano CPx. it looks really durable for all the crashes . It's still pricy. You 'll go through a little cash learning but it will be worth it. I jumped in problably to fast to the CPs right away but it made me learn fast. After about one mo. I can now hover inside my house and outside i can fly in circles and pull loops.
Go for it. I'm 56 I started motocross when I was 44. I think I can get this wired soon.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 PM
mewantfly

I'm also from Houston.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 AM
dog24fret

Cool. I've actually been looking at it and the 300 and the 450 blade helis for little more size. I got more digging before I decide for sure. Mainly something that can handle outdoor flights in wind better. But at the same time I really enjoy my MSR and indoor lol.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM
mewantfly

Honestly, I have the most fun flying my Blade scout in the house after a few cocktails. You know what a scout is? LOL
Old 01-19-2013, 05:43 PM
dog24fret

Drinking and flying....shhhhhh they may decide to ban that to . That would make an interesting vid for durability. Heli flight survived flight in hands of a drunk pilot lol. Just giving a hard time. Yes sir I actually know what that one is I almost bought one.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM
mewantfly

I'm thinking about buying 4 of them so when friends come over we can have a free for all.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM
mewantfly

Let me follow up by saying never drink and try to fly any CP. It will not work!!!! Ha Ha.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 AM
dog24fret

Lol that won't be a problem for me. I can't drink. Take vids it might be fun to watch lol.