Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Re: Nitro Savage Speed truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 05:07 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Re: Nitro Savage Speed truck

All I ask is you guys not act like a bunch of angry Chimpanzee's.......this is one of the reasons the MT scene died off like it did as nobody could get along with each other without constant fights,arguments and battles..people got sick of it and just walked away for good..........I think its awesome what you guys are doing, but if you can't resist being a bunch of dooshbags to each other then I will just ignore you all together, and I am sure many others would feel the same way.......... stay classy and let the trucks do the talking, there is no need for the typical dooshbagery that goes on ............act like that at a offroad track and you wou;ld get asked to leave permanently..there is no need to be a ***** to the guy competing against you.....

anyways end of rant !
Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 PM
purenitro33

While I admit that my human side forgets to turn the other cheek sometimes, I have to agree with what you said Neal.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: purenitro33

While I admit that my human side forgets to turn the other cheek sometimes, I have to agree with what you said Neal.

LOL !!! yes, we all have our moments !!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:26 PM
llkoolskillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib

LOL !!! yes, we all have our moments !!!!
Ok I can agree to this. Just wish it was more of a competition, sshine40 hasn't posted any runs, just looks like I'm running by myself. Hopefully he has some news today
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM
pipedup

No worries mate it's January pretty hard to give you any competition when it is winter out. Why don't you lay off sunshine and bask in your glory as being the fastest nitro savage because you have that no doubt for now, or I guess Robin has the fastest savage. I am planning on trying to catch your record, as is Steve, when the time is right until then maybe you should lay off what Steve is doing and worry about your own wagon. Now I guess I am as bad as Robin for only running my mouth and that's it but time will reveal what I am going to bring to the table and Neal is 100% correct on saying how sickening this bickering has gotten. Now guess I got to have my rant as well.

Good job Steve your truck is looking killer and when time permits I can't wait to see what your hard work has brought.

LL great job on your accomplishment as well.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 PM
sv250

Exactly nobody likes a cocky guy who is always sticking it in your face. ESP. If you represent a company. There a way to show your truck with class and there's being an *******.

I have an inbox full at s/c from many members who think you just love to start **** and we ban everybody who disagrees with you. This is exactly what I don't want portrayed.

There's a reason that a good portion of the members on multiple forums can't stand you. Unfortunately your bringing that negative attention to robin now. Your speed truck may do more harm than good to his buisiness.

I'm sure Neal can comment about one particular member who did the same for him

Be the bigger man and let your vids stand on their own
Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 PM
llkoolskillet

[] wow
Old 01-22-2013, 12:55 AM
purenitro33

Well James, you should know by now that if you call me out your going to get a reply, but I'm sure you were hoping for that. You keep telling people that I haven't run my savage in 2+ years, well like the last time you pointed this out I will agree with you, again lol. I haven't fired up my savage since 05/13/2010 and again I will give you the opportunity to explain the events that created the situation. While I may not have run my own truck in a long while, I do spend most every day trouble shooting and helping teach people about their trucks and how to properly tune them. I also spend a good bit of time with a guy who has the fastest savage by a long shot, I'm the guy he's talking to in all the vids, I'm right there living the moment sitting in my basement in Canada where it's -20C outside lmao. So the point is kind of pointless...

I don't claim to own any speed victory's, if you do a little research you will find that I always gave credit to the fact that it was "your truck" that it was done in. I can't help it that people overlooked that fact and gave me credit for building the engine that made it happen, that's just something you have to deal with. To prove that FACT, just look at the front page of my site, your name is still there but at this point I'm not sure for how long [&o]

Next will be how my pipes are a copy of the macs pipes that Steve sent me a pm and picture about. "please here me clearly" (I took measurements of any and all pipes that I had available to me at the time I was designing the ERCM pipe.) <- please read this again. I read many documents, write up's, and even used some tuned pipe calculators and generators. In the end I did not copy any of the conventional theory's or calculators, it was a unique creation in it's own. It's a combination of everything I learned and a copy of nothing, it has a great bottom end as well as an unreal top end, the macs pipe does not have this, it's like an on off switch and no where near as linear in the power band, according to "unbiased" customer reviews comparing many macs pipes to mine. Anyways...

As for Skillets behavior, I believe it has improved tremendously on sites where he isn't under a constant barrage of provoking PM's, the public only see the random, out of context reply's. that's just the stage and nobody knows what's really happening behind the scenes here. Just look at the banter and accusations on the video's, and that's just a tiny peek behind the curtains. Skillet will admit that I have "asked" him many times to stop with the non productive posts, but if you got to see behind the scenes I really can't blame the guy for lashing out here, and neither will I condemn him for doing so...

There's my rant!

I guess that human thing got the best of me again, but I only turn my cheek once
Old 01-22-2013, 02:33 AM
FrickenJoey

Ok, right now there is a good competition going on here. I like both builds. I think Sunshine has the potential of getting faster "in theory" by power to weight ratio but not sure if the truck is maybe too light and lightly build to handle the power being put to it. Than again I could be wrong. There is a lot of outside the box thinking going on on both sides. I want to see the videos of both. Second in Robin's defense, I was VERY skeptical on his pipes when I first saw them three years ago because I have had a MAC pipe and it was garbage. He made me a guarantee that I will not put out here in the open that convinced me. Plus, since I've had his engines in the past I trusted his skill. He was right..... they were pretty awesome. But like when I used to fight competitively back in high school...lets keep it a clean fight and may the best truck win. Proof is in the high speed pass video... lets see 'em gents.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM
supertib

Listen guys .....I am loving to see your guys competing for the record of top Speed truck.....I am all for offering my support to this.....

However with all this fighting going on I have to say I want no part of anyone's personal beef........... I am here strictly for my love of RC cars and RC engines.........I will not get involved in anyone's personal beefs or arguments.......I will take no sides with anyone, I want no part of it.....In fact I am hoping today all you boys will have cooled of and would maybe take a step back and edit your posts.......there is no need for any of it....

Robin.... Awesome work as usual.....4 years ago we were plnking with 50 MPH, you boys have blown that way out of the water......Props to you buddy .....what I have to say to LLcoolskillet is in no way directed towards you

LLcoolskillet ............ dude you have done fabulous with your truck...major props to you......But you really need to cool it with all the trash talk... nobody likes a sore loser, and everybody hates a sore winner even worse............. You currently have the fastest Savage by a landslide, they all know it....so there is no need to keep rubbing it in....Your comments about a frying pan just turned me right off wanting to root for you.....I have been involved in competitive motorsports my entire life and very little bothers me more then someone being a poor sport when they win......IMO one should treat their competitors with the same respect one gives to the competition itself.....If you act like a angry Chimp nobody will want to play with you....And the more aggressive you become the less credit people will be willing to give you, whether you deserve it or not...I Am not being biased here, I dont have a dog in this fight.....But sitting from the outside it looks like you are relishing taunting these other guys, and since your on top it comes across as nothing more then poor sportsmanship............ If you want to be a champion act like a champion ! Once again I have no personal beef with you at all, your truck rocks.......

Pipedup....... dude I hate seeing you and Robin Bicker...you guys were such good buddies.....friends are hard to come by in this world and IMO you two should talk things out.......Obviously it is none of my business, but I hat seeing 2 good buddies go down this path......Just doesn't feel right to me to see you two going ta each other......

anyways cheers guys..... I Am all for the competition, but lets leave the baggage out of it.......let the rest of us enjoy the top speed trucks without being forced to read thru posts after post of fighting and bickering.......
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 AM
pipedup

Well James, you should know by now that if you call me out your going to get a reply, but I'm sure you were hoping for that. You keep telling people that I haven't run my savage in 2+ years, well like the last time you pointed this out I will agree with you, again lol. I haven't fired up my savage since 05/13/2010 and again I will give you the opportunity to explain the events that created the situation. While I may not have run my own truck in a long while, I do spend most every day trouble shooting and helping teach people about their trucks and how to properly tune them. I also spend a good bit of time with a guy who has the fastest savage by a long shot, I'm the guy he's talking to in all the vids, I'm right there living the moment sitting in my basement in Canada where it's -20C outside lmao. So the point is kind of pointless...

I don't claim to own any speed victory's, if you do a little research you will find that I always gave credit to the fact that it was ''your truck'' that it was done in. I can't help it that people overlooked that fact and gave me credit for building the engine that made it happen, that's just something you have to deal with. To prove that FACT, just look at the front page of my site, your name is still there but at this point I'm not sure for how long [&o]

Next will be how my pipes are a copy of the macs pipes that Steve sent me a pm and picture about. ''please here me clearly'' (I took measurements of any and all pipes that I had available to me at the time I was designing the ERCM pipe.) <- please read this again. I read many documents, write up's, and even used some tuned pipe calculators and generators. In the end I did not copy any of the conventional theory's or calculators, it was a unique creation in it's own. It's a combination of everything I learned and a copy of nothing, it has a great bottom end as well as an unreal top end, the macs pipe does not have this, it's like an on off switch and no where near as linear in the power band, according to ''unbiased'' customer reviews comparing many macs pipes to mine. Anyways...

As for Skillets behavior, I believe it has improved tremendously on sites where he isn't under a constant barrage of provoking PM's, the public only see the random, out of context reply's. that's just the stage and nobody knows what's really happening behind the scenes here. Just look at the banter and accusations on the video's, and that's just a tiny peek behind the curtains. Skillet will admit that I have ''asked'' him many times to stop with the non productive posts, but if you got to see behind the scenes I really can't blame the guy for lashing out here, and neither will I condemn him for doing so...

There's my rant!

I guess that human thing got the best of me again, but I only turn my cheek once

This thread is about your truck, Steve, and about the skills you have with making it into the rocket you want it to be. You have done a very good job with it and it is going to fly when you have an opportunity to run it. I will be working on my truck and I am going to use alot of your helpful advice on it, thank you.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
llkoolskillet

I think all of you have made your point, can we please move on now. Lesson learned
Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
sshine440

wow !! I missed all of this ,Ok with all that was said yesterday ,,,, I''m sorry for all i've said if it affended anyone here and afar in any way ,mostly to robin and his pipe, hope you accept my apology it is sincerer i do like your pipe and i will test with it and others . All i want to do is be fast  that all i was trying to do but i was booted off Savage central cuz, i my self lost it to LLkollskellit  in public and it has now moved to here ,hope i have been a better person ,but ill be darned if i will back down to LL when he pushes and pushes i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else , i could care less if anyone out does me ,just want to show my truck as it becomes a speed truck , sow how i did it and learn from others but i think that  all involved are after the same thing and need to give this a chance to grow and turn into a good thing , all we have to do is leave all neg comments to our self ,think twice then type its that easy . I think Neil sad it the best and we as adults need to act like them . re"> That's my spill n Robin i do hope you n James can work things out ,
Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
sshine440

Thanks James , I do what i love and put all i can into it and you have been as much help to me as i will be to you goes to show if you work together good things happen ,,, Good luck with your truck and if you need anything you have my full attension . And i do hope all the Jacking that has went on here makes us all better men .
ORIGINAL: pipedup

This thread is about your truck, Steve, and about the skills you have with making it into the rocket you want it to be. You have done a very good job with it and it is going to fly when you have an opportunity to run it. I will be working on my truck and I am going to use alot of your helpful advice on it, thank you.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
sshine440

ok Back to My Build ,,, got header shortened today , so im to a point of  making a permanent engine plate and finish the latest idea on stabilizing the steering  did a mach up of a stabilizer shock for the steering and have tested it ,,,, helped a bunch so now a complete tear down of the truck  and refine all my mods and there are a bunch of them,,,,,, will post as LL goes back together , hope by this time the weather will allow me to post some awesome speeds like testing showed to be .
Old 01-22-2013, 04:37 PM
JohnP2

Do you guys race your Savages....or are you wanting them to be the fastest "just because"?

Once again, not a tongue in cheek question, I just read a lot about how people want to make their Savages faster....when to me it is a true basher (thus speed is secondary).

I will say I've been very impressed with some of these designs....just curious about the need for speed onaSavage.I LOVEmine....don't get me wrong. However, if I were to pick a vechicle and put my soul into making it the fastest of its kind, I'd probably pick something different.

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM
llkoolskillet

When one says you can't or shouldn't, it drives another to do it
Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Donovanholroyd

Its fun because it's not meant to be fast. Have you ever seen the guys on TV who race 60+ kph modified lawnmowers?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
sshine440

John,,,,,as a HOBBY is the thrill of doing it and i do agree we need to race them heads up,132,feet drag strip then the best man that day is the champ ,but we are from all over the states and canada so i would like to see more interest in this i believe there are 5 active builders right now as a modified Nitro Savage Speed Truck (N.S.S.T)hobby cuz im having a blast testing and changing having ideas and re doing ideas that fail but bottom line is it keeps me out of trouble so to speak and i have made some good friends .
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM
JohnP2

Thanks. I understand the desire to take something and make it the baddest on the planet. I really meant....why  specifically a Savage? I think Donavan's reply answered it for me.

Do you guys still bash them after speed modifications (i.e. are you looking to maintain its durability as well), or is it only about on-road speed at this point?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 PM
llkoolskillet

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Thanks. I understand the desire to take something and make it the baddest on the planet. I really meant....why specifically a Savage? I think Donavan's reply answered it for me.

Do you guys still bash them after speed modifications (i.e. are you looking to maintain its durability as well), or is it only about on-road speed at this point?
All I need to do is swap shock towers, shocks and wheels and I can go bash! Durability, my rig is different in every aspect to Steve's. but I can tell you this I just crashed at over 69 mph and nothing broke. Cartwheeled a good 100 feet I have a video of it in the 60mph savage speed thread.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Donovanholroyd

I plan on building mine, laying down some fast passes, then changing the tires and gears and use it for light bash duty, maybe race a couple of local revos and savages. I have 2 other savages and 1 of those is built just to bash.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 AM
sshine440

This is 1 of 2 speed trucks i have built ,,,,,, I have 12 other savages x and xl and lots of parts to bash with so hope you see my reason ,,,, like i said it is a hobby and i like the HPI Savage thats all i have so its what we use .

Thanks. I understand the desire to take something and make it the baddest on the planet. I really meant....why specifically a Savage? I think Donavan's reply answered it for me.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 AM
sshine440

Ok LL this is why ..... we do not get along ......... i already answered your pm you sent me, then i read this ,,,,,,, i do not get it ,,,,,,,,my thread that is what i get .........you have your own.
ORIGINAL: llkoolskillet

All I need to do is swap shock towers, shocks and wheels and I can go bash! Durability, my rig is different in every aspect to Steve's. but I can tell you this I just crashed at over 69 mph and nothing broke. Cartwheeled a good 100 feet I have a video of it in the 60mph savage speed thread.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM
sshine440

Isn't it amazing how 1 person can ruin it for the rest of us ,,,,, I really enjoy my hobby and now no one is enjoying it WOW!!!!!!!!!! Yes I am speaking of one person in general.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.