Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH FLITON PLANES

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH FLITON PLANES

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:20 AM
mark nichols

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAD EXPERIENCE WITH FLITON PLANES

Oh Well the wing tube decided to part from the wing with three ribs still on, still secured to the fuselage at about 50 ft. Plane a total wreck. So thats poor uc and obviously lack of glue on the wing.

I have another aj extra and will build as plane flies so well, but will not be buying another fliton to many bad stories and the worst support ever.

Mark
Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
victorzamora

Even after this, I'm in line to buy a Fliton Edge Freestyle. I'm just waiting for the "go ahead" from my parents.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:19 AM
mark nichols

I still bought another one cause they fly so well, just had a small battery cut off issue and do i buy another well yes, because it flies so well.

Im not slamming the plane, its the poor customer support, great product bad support, and with precision aerobatics raising the game its getting hard to choose.

I would say third time lucky but what fun ive had and annoyance.

Mark
Old 12-21-2008, 02:45 PM
sidav

if your heavy handed things break in your hand, very very weak wont be buying another. nice to fly though
Old 01-22-2009, 04:15 AM
woo

Advantage Hobby will stock new Fliton products
from 3rd week of Feb.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:26 PM
jdbf

Desculpe-me a intromissao ; mas apos todas as discussoes tecnicas e de linguagem , resolvi usar a minha lingua (Portugues) para nao cometer nenhum erro .A minha pergunta é : Compro ou nao compro umkit da Fliton ?

critical parts are weak and brakes, i reported this to Fliton and they were very indifferent and did not response professional, so i advise to the r/c planes comunity to be VERY CAREFULL with FLITON planes, because they brake in the air flying because the instrucction manual is missing some VERY IMPORTANT ISSUES, plus you'll loose the money you paid for it. they wont do nothing for the customer. bummer! =-(
[/quote]
Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 PM
jdbf

Desculpe-me a intromissao ; mas apos todas as discussoes tecnicas e de linguagem , resolvi usar a minha lingua (Portugues) para nao cometer nenhum erro .A minha pergunta é : Compro ou nao compro umkit da Fliton ?

ORIGINAL: marcoblum

Out of 3 planes i bought, 2 crash bad (total loss) because the design in some critical parts are weak and brakes, i reported this to Fliton and they were very indifferent and did not response professional, so i advise to the r/c planes comunity to be VERY CAREFULL with FLITON planes, because they brake in the air flying because the instrucction manual is missing some VERY IMPORTANT ISSUES, plus you'll loose the money you paid for it. they wont do nothing for the customer. bummer! =-(
Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 PM
jdbf

ORIGINAL: bdavison

Marco, things break. It happens. I'm fairly sure I could snap the wings in half on just about any plane, or at least damage it in flight.
Every plane has operating limits, just like their full scale counterparts. If you want to operate the plane beyond those limits, you have to do things to it to increase its limits. Like installing carbon wing tubes, using plywood instead of balsa, reinforcements, etc.

Planes are not designed to fly full throttle all the time, or full throttle dives, or yanking tight loops with the power on. If you want it to do that you have to make it stronger and capable of those maneuvers. Many of us are taking these planes right to the limit of what they are capable of. They break. We fix them and move on.

There are hundreds if not thousands of pilots flying the Fliton planes. In many of the threads on here and other places, its already been discussed that the landing gear only takes normal smooth graceful landings. So many people reinforce them to allow them to make less than graceful landings. Problem solved, and the plane flys great. Saying that all Fliton planes are a waste of money because of this is rediculas. They are really good planes. If you cant set it down perfect, than be prepared to have to reinforce the landing gear.

Some say the wing spar is soft in some of the planes. It will fly fine as long as your not doing full power blenders and such. But people broke them doing other maneuvers, so now people are reinforcing that part to allow the plane to do those maneuvers.

Every kit has some issue or thing that could be done better. There is NO perfect kit. Ive got a Brio right now that is giving me fits with a odd stall charectoristic that others have noticed too. I dont go around telling people all E-flite planes suck just because I had a problem with mine. We are currently trying to diagnose the problem...then we will fix it and let others know.

I'm curious, did you go online before building your Fliton plane and look around at threads regarding that plane? If so, why didn't you choose to follow recommended guidance with it and reinforce the parts that wouldn't allow you to perform your choice of maneuvering? Have you found a new problem? What is it? Did you find a solution?

I apologize for attacking your spelling, but if your going to start a complaint thread. Substantiate it by supporting your claim with the facts, situation, and information leading to your conclusion.

You said "...critical parts are weak and break". What critical parts?
You said "...instructional manual is missing some very important issues". What important issues?
You said "... they won't do anything for the customer?". What did you ask them for? What information did you provide to them? What was the response?

Chiedo scusa per l'attacco della vostra ortografia. Spiacente. Non ho realizzato che provenivate dall'Italia. Il vostro profilo dice Miami, FL.

Guten tag, Herr Marcoblum.
Wirklich kann ich andere Sprachen sehr gut sprechen. Vielen Dank.

Je peux egalement parler francais.
Vraiment inutile. Je ne projette pas sur visiter la France n'importe quand bientot.

Im het leren Nederlands.. Het helpt met de F3Ai websites Ik geniet van.
Im niet zeker dat is correct. Im het nog leren Nederlands. Het is een harde taal. Ik denk die is correct gespeld.

I'm also curious which ARF electric kits in this size range you've had that were covered better than a Fliton. Ive owned and flown just about every manufacturers planes at one time or another. So far the only one that comes even remotely close to Fliton is Hyperion, but they still exhibit some of the warping like the E-flite kits have.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:18 PM
rmillerawacs
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: rc-sport

My FLiton Extra broke too, when it hit the ground.
hahaha!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:39 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I owned the following Flitons:

Prodigy
ICON
Extra 330 Freestyle
AJ Extra
Votec
Edge 540
Extra 330 120
Element 170

I did not end up flying the last few though ... friends took it off me like immediately since I ordered them in from Fliton direct. The quality of all the above were good. No real issues BUT some are built too light and this problem is not only Fliton's but also many other manufacturers'. The ailerons tend to warp, seen this in Sebart planes too. However, some were complaining about certain models, the AJ Extra comes to mind. Basically, the RC plane manufacturers' have kinda gone overboard with getting a plane light.

I love the Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle! It was way ahead of its time. Now the only plane I find that can outfly it are the Sebart planes. Seb's planes are superb too.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM
paulbyrum
My Feedback: (1)

Davison is wrong when he says there is no perfect plane. 3D hobbies 89" slick is perfect in every way. you get what you pay for!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 PM
fgdsfg

i never meet your situation,while in my mind this is Good company, nice .planes. Highly recommended
Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM
jackeylewis

sorry to hear that, but it is really infuriating thing, I think other customers should pay more attention to this kind of company.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
mbrewer
My Feedback: (3)

I have a 330 mini and a 330s. Both are about 10 years old. The 330s has a Saito 100 on it, never had any issues with this plane. The only problem with the mini was due to a bad battery which forced me to land in the weeds, which of course yanked the gear off. I've flown these planes hard for the best part of their life and never had any issues because of the design. IMO they are some of the best performing arf's you can get.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:27 PM
madbadger

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a fliton Extra 330S Freestyle electric with the Axi 6s setup, which I am the 3 owner, I think the plane is about 5 years old. I bought it a week after I started flying (3 years ago) 6 months later I had a go at flying it....yea what a handful it was for a beginner. I agree the undercarriage is one of the planes weak points, a bit to flexible and I pancaked it on several occasion. So I fitted some carbon fibre UC which really is to stiff !!!! now 3 years later, you should see what I can do with this plane. You talk about them breaking whilst flying? well if you saw what I do with mine, you wouldn't believe it. Max power climbs then both sticks full to the right corners, plane spins like mad, flat out dives spinning, full throttle level flight they up into 90 degree verticals, I once knife edged it for 5 mins in a massive circle, which broke the motor shaft and this is an Axi motor which I thought would out last the airframe!!! the guys who I fly with laugh at me when I'm pounding this plane through the sky, they are amazed I haven't ripped off the wings or snapped the body in two and I fly it most weekends (weather permitting) I'm not trying to break it, I just love flying it death.....and this is with a massive 6s 5000 lipo stuck in the front. I'm that impressed with this model, I bought 2 more!!!! one second hand and another brand new in a box, and if I find another, I will buy that too. So I don't know what you guys are talking about when you say that you have bad experiences with Fliton planes. Ok its the only type of fliton plane I have, I cant speak for the others in the fliton range, but I do know this plane is better made than any of the other 20 odd aircraft I have in my hangar....

Kev