Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

xxx sct twists when jumping

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Kenmtb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xxx sct twists when jumping

Hi-
My xxx will sometimes twist to one side when jumping if you try to accelerate even moderatly. In fact it seems really squirly during
any acceleration even with new tires (snipers). I run on clay tracks. What is the best way to "calm" down the truck so it is more planted? In contrast my T4.1 is much more predictable in the air.
Thanks

Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: xxx sct twists when jumping

Something is likely wrong with your suspension. Either a shock is binding or built incorrectly or the suspension is binding at the hingepins or the ball joints. Compress each corner separately by hand and see if one corner feels different than the rest. Make sure that the suspension is consistent all around.

You may end up replacing a hinge pin or rebuilding your shocks.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Strip and rebuild changing out consumables first. Bearings, shock diaphragms, etc etc. You'll probably find when you're done its like new again.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Kenmtb

Great advice all around. I did check for binding, bearings spin free. I did not mention that the truck always handled kind of twitchy when accelerating and jumping. Im going to try to increase the damping front and rear and lower the height. Would using lighter weight oil in the diff increase acceleration stability? It loves to spin out.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Zrock

it may have to do with open diff... when you goose it one wheel with spin faster than the other.. pull your rear apart and ether go up do a thicker diff oil to help lock things together a bit or grease them up of you are unable to use oil
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM
littlemel
My Feedback: (4)

What motor are you running?  What diff oil?   Your front toe could be affecting you acceleration squirrellyness.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Kenmtb

Motor is hobbywing 10T 3500. Diff oil is 5000wt.
I did some more digging. Someone said to back off of the throttle when jumping. That seems to help but you need
to have a LOT room to build up momentum. Most other trucks can hit the throttle and nail the jump or even over jump.
My xxx seems to have no margin for error. It may sound silly but with this truck Im on egg shells jumping.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 AM
johonmirae
Banned

You'll probably find when you're done its like new again. 
Old 02-01-2013, 12:54 AM
lougskypes
Banned

right,Strip and rebuild changing out consumables first. Bearings, shock diaphragms, etc etc. You'll probably find when you're done its like new again.